Have you ever wondered about other ways to get configurable products in your Magento site? Have you known the method of importing configurable product?
Please follow us in this article to find out the fastest way to import configurable product in Magento 2.
Step 1: You need a CSV file
In this step, if you already have a sample CSV file, you can skip this step and move on to step 2.
At first, you need to login the backend. Go to System > Import, choose Download Sample CSV
In Import Settings, choose Products, then you click Download Sample CSV as the image below:
All other configurations, set as available default.
Step 2: Fulfill CSV file
Input your configurable product and simple product
There are some NOTE you need to know when filling in the CSV file
– All children products need to be listed before the configurable product.
– The value in the ‘attribute_set_code’ column must always match the name of the Attribute Set that contains the attributes which are set for the product
– The value in the ‘additional_attributes’ column should list all the values of the attribute set for each child product (use,” if there is more than one attribute set for the product).
– The value in the ‘configurable_variations’ column should follow as the pattern in the file as the set of SKU and Option.
– The value in the ‘configurable_variation_labels’ column gets the correlation between the Attribute code and the Label name.
Step 3: Import CSV file
Go to System>Import.
File to import:
– Select a file to import: choose your CSV file.
Next, you just click the Import button. A successful notification will be shown:
Besides, to import data into Magento 2 websites, there are some suggestions for you to take into consideration: