The previous blogs talk about not only the differences between multi websites and multi-store views but the benefits and convenience of multiple store views as well in Magento 1. As you know, changing the file system makes Magento 2 different from Magento 1. Hence, that will make administrators get some confuses in creating the multiple store views in the Magento 2 backend.
So in this blog, we will show you how to configure multiple store views in Magento 2.
Before we start, we have a notice for you:
– If you want to create a new website, you should follow every step below
– However if new stores share the same catalog and products with your default store, you can skip several initial steps and move toward to STEP 3
Now let’s start:
First of all, you need to log in to the Magento Admin Panel.
STEP 1: Create categories
In the menu on the left, choose Products -> Categories
– Click Add Root Category
– In the Name field: you fill in your new store name
– Under Display Settings tab, in the drop-down list, you set Yes for Anchor
– Then, you click Save Category button
STEP 2: You need to create a website
You go to the admin dashboard and click Stores -> Settings -> All Stores
You can see that there are 3 options here: Create a Website, Create Store, and Create Store View
Then you click on the Create website button, fill up your name and code for the website (note: the code must be unique string without space) and keep this code for later use.
STEP 3: You create a store for your website
You click on the button ‘’Create Store.’’
– In the Website box, you choose the website you have created
– In the Name field, you fill your name store
– In the Root category field, you choose Default Category if you skip two above steps or choose Root category you have created
– Then, you click Save Store button
Of course, you can continue to develop multiple stores in this way.
STEP 4: After having a website and store, now you can create Store view
You click on the Create Store View button, there will be a list of the box about Store View information. If you have more than one store, there will be a website box for you to choose, here our example, and now it just has only one website that we have created.
– In the Store field: choose the store you have created
– In the Name field: fill in your store view name – English, for example
– In the Code field: enter and remember the unique code
– In the Status field: choose Enabled to let it display on the frontend if not, pick Disabled
Then you can repeat step 4 to create multiple store views for your store. You can create a French store view and an Italia store view for this store by doing the same as step 4
– Then you click Save Store View button
Here are the results after creating multiple store views:
STEP 5: Store Configuration
You go to Stores -> Configuration
– In the Store view, you choose the store view you have just created
– Select Web option, and click to expand the Base URLs and Base URLs (Secure) sections
– In the Base URLs section, fill in your store’s URL with one of the following methods:
+ To use your main store URL, you select the Use Default check box.
+ To specify a store URL other than your main, locate the Base URL field, type your store URL, and include the “/” at the end of the URL.
– Then you repeat in the Base URLs (Secure) section.
– Finally, you click Save Config.
Finally, here is the result:
Now your foreign customers can choose which store view is suitable and convenient for them instead of only the default store view.
Besides, if your customer from many other countries, using different currencies, we introduce to you an extension for Magento 2, named: Multiple Store View Pricing for Magento 2 will support your site to solve that problem. Like its name, the Multiple Store View Pricing helps admin setup and show up different prices in each store view for each product. That would help customers no longer be confused if they are foreigners. Moreover, online store owners can check out with their store view currency conveniently. To conclude, Multiple Store View Pricing is a useful extension for you if you want to set up flexible prices for stores with many store views.
Hope this tutorial blog help you quickly configure multiple store views in Magento 2 and comfort your customers.
If you find our tutorial helpful, please Like, Share and Subscribe to spread it to more users.