Although Magento default offers basic functionalities for add-to-cart process, it is not fully optimized for user experience. Customers still have to load product page to select product options, especially for configurable, bundle or grouped products. So what is the solution for this inconvenience? Read more to find out the solution.
- Limitations of Magento 2 Add-To-Cart Process
- The Urgent Need for an Extension to Improve User Experience
- The Best Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 Extension
- How does Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 extension work?
- See Magento 2 Ajax Add To Cart extension in action
- Easy to configure Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 extension
- Final Words
Limitations of Magento 2 Add-To-Cart Process
When streaming on catalogue, customers may want to add a product to cart and stay on that page to see more products. This can be quite simple for products that don’t require choosing custom options, and configurable products with just two options of size and color.
However, if customers want to add products whose custom options are too many to display on category page, they have no choice except for going to the product page to finish adding that product to cart. These complications will slow down the add-to-cart process of customers by making them reload category page, which discourages them from further shopping.
Most customers like to double check the products added to cart, but the notification message of Magento default “You added X to your shopping cart” is too small and located on the top left of the page. Besides, they have to scroll up to find the mini cart to check cart subtotal and only until then can they proceed to checkout.
The Urgent Need for an Extension to Improve User Experience
Because of these limitations of Magento default, it is necessary to install an extension to make the process of adding to cart of customer faster and more convenient.
Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 is the ideal extension to improve user experience thanks to the advanced AJAX features to add any product in pop-up. Customer can finish all the process of adding to cart right in pop-up, from selecting product options to proceeding to checkout.
The Best Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 Extension
Why this extension is necessary for every Magento site: Read 7 reasons
How does Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 extension work?
When clicking “Add to Cart” button at any page (category page, search result page, home page, product page, wishlist…), a pop-up will be displayed to notify the product which has been added to cart successfully. The suggested product block is included in this pop-up to promote related, cross-sell, and up-sell products that customers may like.
For products with many options such as bundle, grouped and configurable product, customers can easily specify custom options and finish adding these products to cart in the AJAX pop-up without being redirected product pages.
See Magento 2 Ajax Add To Cart extension in action
After adding a product to cart successfully, a pop-up is displayed:
The pop-up contains:
- Notification message: “You added X to your shopping cart”.
- Product information: product name, image, and price.
- Mini cart: number of items in cart, cart subtotal.
- Suggested product block: promote related, cross-sell, and up-sell products (ADVANCED FUNCTION) how it help your store sell more
- “Continue” button: stay on current page to continue shopping.
- “View Cart” button: redirect to View Cart page.
These two buttons can set countdown time so that after a specified amount of time, the button will automatically execute its function.
For bundle, grouped and configurable product, customer can complete add-to-cart process right in pop-up like this:
Easy to configure Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 extension
Set up for the Ajax pop-up:
- Set up the suggest product block: choose product, number of product, title of block
- Apply countdown time function: choose button, set time
- Include or exclude any component of the pop-up: show product image, show product price, show “Continue” button, show cart quantity and cart subtotal, show “Go to Checkout” link.
Customize the pop-up as your wish:
Although adding to cart is just a smart part in customers’ shopping process, it can affect the purchase decision of buyers. It is worth to optimize the add-to-cart process and make it easier and more convenient for customers to buy product and check out. Ajax Add to Cart for Magento 2 is the ideal solution to do that, so why are you still hesitant?