As you know, there are a lot of Magento extensions to optimize displaying configurable products. However, your customers sometimes have many other requirements for better presentation. So on this blog, we will show you 5 most brilliant ideas collected from customers for this favorite kind of products in Magento
FOR GENERAL DISPLAY:
1. MATRIX VIEW FOR CONFIGURABLE PRODUCTS
There are several kinds of products having 2 attributes like clothes, shoes, etc. However, as you know, the default display of Magento 1 only shows attributes as a drop-down list, which cannot show all associated product details and requires customers to select each children product to purchase separately. However, this kind of display is just suitable with normal customer groups buying a small number of products but improper for wholesale customers with ordering in bulk at once. Therefore, a matrix view can be an ideal solution to resolve both the display and purchase experience issues of a configurable product.
Configurable Product Matrix View Extension displays configurable products in the matrix form table with a maximum of 2 attributes for a quicker ordering of products. Here are outstanding features of this module:
– Show all options of attributes with a stock number on this matrix table.
– Customers choose quantity than can add all chosen items to cart by click Add to cart button.
– Automatically update subtotal when changing quantities.
– Work well with 2 attributes including unlimited custom options.
2. CHANGE COLOR SWATCH INTO CHILDREN IMAGES
Another idea to optimize configurable product display is using images of children product for an attractive performance of configurable products instead of a normal color swatch. This solution will help the display of configurable product become more attractive.
As we know, this idea is not offered in an available extension, so if you want this become real, contact us if you want to customize your site like this.
3. DISPLAY TIER PRICE FOR EACH CHILD PRODUCT
The default of Magento does not allow showing tier price of each child product, so this can be solved as follows.
Here are 3 optimized ways to show tier prices for each child product of configurable product:
– Show tier price with unit price. This will be suitable in case we offer tier price rule individually:
– If you feel this way inconvenient, we offer another one to display tier price and even special price as an amazing way:
With this solution, we provide an extension named Pro Configurable Product Grid Table View. This extension not only optimizes showing tier price for each simple product but a display of configurable products as well. However, it will have a small problem for performance if there are too many items.
– Another way to have an awesome display for the configurable product that can show tier price is using Configurable Product Table Ordering:
This powerful module can be configured to show tier prices in the separate table or grid table as wish. Also, Configurable Product Table Ordering helps customers add multiple items to cart. The ideal reason why you should get this module is that it will show as many as items as wish with no doubts, because of its feature showing the first attribute separately.
4. TIER PRICE FOR PACK
If the fourth idea is showing tier price for children’s products, the last suggestion will be about tier price for each pack as you wish. Admin can set up tier price for each pack. This idea is often suitable for wholesale paper business. Have a look at this:
5. SALE IN PACK
Look at this image below as an example for this customized module:
As you can see, the second idea serves wholesalers and B2B businesses with ordering in a pack or piece as wish.
Especially, there will be 2 options to order: in a pack and in a piece, which is suitable for merchants and B2B businesses.
– Within pack option, an admin will set quantity size as the ratio, so that when buyers choose the quantity, it will automatically calculate quantity as a configured ratio. For instance, if admin set quantity size S-M-L as following ratio 2-2-1, when a customer chooses 2 in quantity box, the quantity of each item in this pack will be 4-4-2 respectively. Have a look at this image:
– With the order in a single piece, customers can choose the number of items freely and checkout as usual. Look at this image:
This solution for configurable products obviously can configure to choose which customer group to be applied to this function. Besides, the total quantity and total amount will be shown below the table. Moreover, customers can add all chosen packs or items to cart by one click; then they can edit these packs (quantity for each pack) or items in Shopping Cart page.
So these are 5 ideas for display optimization of configurable products in Magento.
Do you find this article useful? Please Like, Share and Subscribe to update other upcoming blogs.
In case you have any further question regarding this blog, Website Development or our extension store on Magento 1 and Magento 2, please feel free to contact us. Our support team is always willing to aid you with the best service of FREE installation, FREE update, FREE 1-year support and 30-day money back guarantee.