When you haven’t started, you may think it would be good for wholesale customers to buy as much as possible. However, the reality is different, It may seem counter-intuitive, but there are cases where you don’t want customers to order too many things at once. That is why the top 10+ best Shopify order limit apps for wholesale business was born.
To see the problem more clearly, an excellent example of this occurred during the recent COVID-19 pandemic, when people bought food in bulk, causing inevitable shortages. This has led to some stores putting strict limits on how many orders can be placed at any given time.
For e-commerce, too, you can achieve a similar effect on Shopify by setting up Shopify limit quantity per order. Let’s get started now!
- 1 What Is Order Limit?
- 2 Why Do You Need Shopify Order Limit Apps?
- 3 What Is The MOQ Should The Wholesale Stores Set?
- 4 Top 10+ Best Shopify Order Limit Apps 2023 For Wholesale Business
- 4.1 BSS: B2B/Wholesale Solution
- 4.2 Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify
- 4.3 KOR Order Limit Quantity
- 4.4 OrderLogic ‑ Min & Max Limits
- 4.5 Orichi ‑ Quantity Breaks
- 4.6 Wholesale ‑ All in one
- 4.7 AOD ‑ Order Limits (Min‑Max)
- 4.8 Quantify
- 4.9 MultiVariants ‑ Bulk Order
- 4.10 Min&Max Limits by Limitsify
- 4.11 MinCart ‑ Order limits
- 4.12 Stellar Delivery Date & Pickup
- 4.13 Magic Cart Min & Max
- 5 Conclusion
What Is Order Limit?
Order limit is a rule to sell at a specific quantity level. We often see two kinds of order limits: minimum order quantity and maximum order quantity.
First, the minimal amount that can be ordered from a wholesaler provider is referred to as the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ). For example, if your MOQ is 100 pieces or $100, your customers must be able to buy at least 100 units or spend $100 to do business with you. Suppose a shopper tries to add less than the minimum quantity to the cart. In that case, the amount of product added to the cart will be automatically adjusted to the minimum quantity amount.
On the other hand, the additional marketing and promotion created by the offer are one of the merchant benefits of holding a sale. By setting a maximum purchase amount (such as “limit 1 per customer”), you may ensure that your bargain is available to as many buyers as possible while potentially lasting longer than otherwise, resulting in increased brand recognition. An error message will be displayed if a shopper adds more than the maximum quantity to the cart.
Both of these are very important for a wholesale Shopify store. However, not all store owners are aware of this. That’s why we’ll go into more detail below about the reasons you should use the order limits Shopify app for your online store.
Why Do You Need Shopify Order Limit Apps?
The Limitation Of Shopify Plus Wholesale Channel Built-In Feature
Overall, the Shopify wholesale channel is an excellent tool for handling B2B sales. Nonetheless, you should consider several constraints before committing to $2000 each month.
In addition, the wholesale channel theme’s ability to be edited is limited. Except for the logo and products mentioned, your wholesale channel will look the same as other Shopify wholesale channels.
And yet, custom delivery options for wholesale customers are restricted. The default configuration provides wholesale customers with the same shipping prices as your regular business. Besides, these shipping charges can be changed on the wholesale channel’s preferences page. You can, however, only enter one rate. This means that all of your wholesale customers must pay this rate, or you must manually adjust the speed when reviewing each purchase.
Finally, Shopify wholesale channel website pages and products are not indexed by search engines. As a result, gaining new consumers from search traffic will be impossible because your wholesale site will not appear on search engine results pages.
Learn more effective and less expensive ways to build B2B stores on Shopify at How To Set Up B2B And Wholesale Stores On Shopify In A Effective Way
We all know that building a wholesale store directly affects the store’s strategies. However, if Shopify Plus’ wholesale channel cannot provide all the necessary features, the best option is to go to the top 10+ best Shopify order limit app for wholesale business. The applications have been used by thousands of stores and bring effectively. If you don’t want to fall behind, you also need more innovative strategies.
Benefits From Utilising Shopify Order Limit App
There are several occasions when you may be required to use one of the order limit Shopify apps. First, these apps help you ensure only customers who buy the correct quantity can apply for the discount. Especially during major holidays with a large number of customers, it will be difficult for you to control the store manually. With the help of technology, bottlenecks or errors would be rare.
For example, if your products have limited stock, such as you can only create so many at a time, you may want to limit the amount purchased at one time. Alternatively, you may have seasonal commodities that you do not want to be monopolized.
Also, there are other anti-fraud advantages. Fraud exists in which popular products are purchased hundreds of times from stores by bots and then resold on marketplaces such as eBay or Amazon by the bot controller. These are frequently sold at exorbitant prices. A notable example of this was when bots purchased Nike shoes on their release.
Moreover, there are various occasions when you may need to set up a Shopify purchase limit. For example, if your products have limited stock, such as you can only create so many at a time, you might wish to limit the number that can be purchased at one time. Alternatively, you may have seasonal items that you want to keep from becoming monopolized.
What Is The MOQ Should The Wholesale Stores Set?
It is to your best advantage to thoroughly examine how much money you will require to run your wholesale business with complete confidence. You must maintain cash flow — thus, whatever number you choose should be large enough to cover materials, staff salaries, utilities, and so on while still making a profit. Therefore, most wholesalers set their MOQ terms – for example, $100, $500, or $1000 – to protect their cash flow and peace of mind.
Here’s a simple MOQ reference guide:
- If your raw materials are expensive or your procedure necessitates a large number of person-hours, choose a larger MOQ ($500 and above).
- If your product is simple and inexpensive to manufacture, choose a smaller MOQ ($150-$300).
Keep in mind that your MOQ terms can significantly impact your bottom line. Take your time and make an informed decision!
Top 10+ Best Shopify Order Limit Apps 2023 For Wholesale Business
BSS: B2B/Wholesale Solution
If you are seeking an all-in-one solution to establish strong, long-lasting relationships with your wholesale customer, consider the BSS: B2B/Wholesale Solution app by BSS Commerce. Since the article is about the Shopify order limit apps, I will only emphasize the application’s order limit features.
Specifically, if the minimum order quantity/amount is not met, the application will restrict the customer’s checkout. In addition, B2B/Wholesale Solution makes improvements to the Cart page by adding a Buy It Now button, which stimulates customers to act as soon as they see the offer.
In particular, the rules you set to limit to wholesale customers, and individual customers are entirely unaffected. This is an influential factor if you have a combined B2B and B2C store.
More conveniently, the application automatically adds tags for customers based on intelligent conditions, which means you can easily categorize wholesale customers and individual customers.
In addition, as mentioned above, setting up a limited quantity per order also requires customization to match your brand. And B2B/Wholesale Solution adds more custom fields to the Shopify default form.
Finally, the application provides an additional quantity breaks feature, which helps you to set up discounted product quantities for your Shopify store and automatically apply discount rules. You can also customize the discount theme to your needs quickly.
Check out more of the best quantity breaks apps at Best Quantity Breaks Shopify App To Boost Average Order Value
- Include an advanced Minimum Order Amount feature to prevent customers from checking out if the minimum order quantity/amount is not met.
- Make improvements to the Cart page and the Buy It Now button.
- Tags and remarks can be added based on Customer and Order Actions.
- Quickly bulk update for existing customers.
- Add Auto Tags based on B2B Forms’ Custom Fields.
- Set a discount rule for a specific product variant, a product, a collection, or the entire store.
- A comprehensive wholesale application.
- Having the ability to integrate with many other applications makes your wholesale store powerful.
- Compatible with most Shopify themes, including 2.0 themes.
- Excellent customer support team.
- Easy to use.
- The app is almost error-free. Contact the support team for the fastest resolution if you have any problems, even with the free plan.
Pricing: 14-day free trial.
- Free Forever: Free
- Essential Plan: $25/month
- Advanced Plan: $50/month
- Platinum: $100/month
Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify
Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify is an easy-to-use and highly functional tool designed to simplify the implementation of cart limits. Restrictions can be applied to a cart, single products, or a set of products. For example, you may specify that orders must include a specific amount of products or that clients cannot purchase too many products.
Limits are defined by more than just the quantity of products in the cart. The app provides all eight options to define minimum and maximum product and cart limits for your orders.
Precisely, you can specify the cart’s value, the number of products in the cart, the quantity of a single item, or the number of items from a group. You can also set limits for specific customer tags, such as wholesale customers. Significantly, the app provides the feature of limiting the cart by weight.
However, this app does not allow customer limitations or limits across several orders as well provide any discount functionality. There are also no documented conflicts between the app and third-party apps. If you discover a compatibility problem, you may need to contact the developers for assistance.
- There are no known compatibility concerns with third-party programs, but please contact us if you encounter one.
- Set cart restrictions based on a variety of cart needs, such as cart weight and the total number of products in the cart
- It is possible to specify minimum and maximum quantities.
- Simple to use but quite functional.
- Easy setup with an intuitive control panel
- Powerful order limit feature, rich options.
- The app has a good customer care team, ready to listen and improve.
- Excel at making the process of adding minimum limitations as simple as possible.
- A customer claimed that they encountered an ‘unable to pay’ error message on the checkout page after adding a limit to a product.
- The pop-up customization feature is not yet vital.
Pricing: 14-day free trial
The app costs $10 for a month without any extra fees.
KOR Order Limit Quantity
This straightforward app allows you to set limits for your customers’ carts, allowing you to keep orders within acceptable levels. By combining the rules, you can ensure that all customers are treated fairly. For example, you may say that clients can only buy one specific SKU but three from a particular group.
Limits can also be set for all of your website’s products. As a result, only one or two goods can be purchased at a time.
Moreover, creating rules and applying them to your website is a simple process. All you have to do is install the app and then navigate to the dashboard tab. After that, you can set a global purchase limit and any limits you want for specific products or collections.
KOR Order Limit Quantity has recently been updated with a fixed lifetime/date limit feature for any number of products. Besides that, the app has also added a limited number of products to the collection. For example, you can allow up to 3 wallets to be purchased in a wallet category.
- Provide the feature of restricting your purchase to a specific product, a collection, or all products. Simply set a maximum and minimum quantity for a single product, a group, or all products.
- According to the Collection Set a maximum and a minimum number of product quantities purchased from the Collection.
- You can specify the quantity of a product for a set period or a defined number of days. Simply enter a lifetime quantity for each product in the setup.
- It is simple to use on your Shopify store and has no known issues with themes or apps.
- Set limits on individual products or across the entire store.
- Combine rules to construct a robust system.
- It’s straightforward software to use, but it’s a compelling alternative.
- Some users report that the application is prone to errors and difficult to use initially.
- Even after uninstalling, this app leaves poor code—there are additional procedures required to clean up code.
- Not many users yet.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
- Basic Plan: $3.99/month
- Pro Plan: $5.99/month
OrderLogic ‑ Min & Max Limits
You can use OrderLogic ‑ Min & Max Limits to set up minimum-maximum order Shopify that must be purchased simultaneously. It offers a primary interface within your website’s backend, so you’ll find it straightforward to use and have your new app up and running in no time.
Furthermore, you can use order limits Shopify apps for wholesale businesses to specify the minimum and maximum order amounts and quantities for your website. It can be used to set up a wholesale shop or ensure that each order is lucrative. Limits can be put on individual SKUs or applied to the entire cart.
Quantity multiples can also be used to guarantee that you sell in the correct numbers. For example, if you sell a box of six products, you can set a requirement that all sales be multiples of six.
Additionally, you can apply this feature to the site’s ‘Buy Buttons,’ but the style of the button is unaffected. As a result, the app will blend in with the design of your Shopify store.
If you want to limit purchases on a specific product or group of products, you can create groups for which all rules apply. This is also applicable to multiples. For example, you could quickly sell things in groups of six.
Last but not least, the app does not require any coding, developer abilities, or website-building knowledge.
- Enable you to specify minimum and maximum order amounts and quantities. Create your wholesale shop today and effortlessly impose a minimum order amount or quantity for your customers.
- Allow you to place limits on Buy Buttons without altering their design and feel.
- Set up tag constraints to impose minimum, maximum, or multiple limitations on groups of items.
- It is simple to install and use; no developer skills or website design knowledge are required.
- Limit the number of items in the cart or a specific product.
- To sell things in specified groups, use multiples.
- Simple user interface that looks great on your website.
- It is not compatible with mobile phones.
- Many customers claim that the app doesn’t work for them.
- The support team is slow to respond.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
- Standard: $4.99/month
- Premium: $9.99/month
Orichi ‑ Quantity Breaks
Orichi ‑ Quantity Breaks sets up minimum-maximum order Shopify by combining minimal levels with volume-based discounts. Primarily, you can specify that your clients must purchase a specific number of products to qualify for particular values. For instance, you could offer up to five things for $10 each and then sell more than five products for $8 each.
You may establish your store’s discounts in a variety of ways. Specifically, it gives values based on a percentage, a preset price, or a predetermined amount. As a result, campaigns can be customized for specific audiences and groups. According to research, some customers prefer a fixed amount to save rather than a percentage off.
Quantity Discount Limit Order also supports coupon codes, allowing customers to find more ways to save on your website. The app configures all restrictions to apply to specific products, collections, or your entire store. You can even have multiple discount tiers. For instance, a product could be sold for $10 at one level, $9 at another, and $8 at yet another. You may additionally promote these levels with a stylish popup that appears on your store’s cart page.
- Tiered order pricing can encourage customers to spend more money on your website.
- Offer percentages, fixed prices, or percentage discounts for your product deals.
- Set restrictions for a single product, a collection, or an entire store
- Use a popup for advertising specials on your website.
- Generates several automatic discounts
- Support that is both quick and effective.
- Lack of features to be editable in the app panel.
- There may be issues with compatibility with Shopify themes.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
- Free plan: Free
- Basic Plan: $10/month
- Advanced Plan: $16/month
Wholesale ‑ All in one
As its name suggests, Wholesale ‑ All in One is a comprehensive wholesale app. It offers more features than the order limit, so the price is much higher than other apps on the top 10+ best Shopify order limit apps 2023 for wholesale business.
Specifically, the Wholesale – All In One app enables you to define wholesale pricing and Tiered/Volume Pricing for specific product and client segments. Discounts for VIP or bulk customers are simple to implement. Furthermore, you may easily apply the discount to your entire store or a specific collection, product, or variant.
On the other hand, if you go into detail about limited features, the application can set Shopify limit quantity per order or variant levels. However, a big minus point is that these add-ons are not available in the trial version. This means that you will not experience this feature but can only check it out in the sample store.
- Manage wholesale consumers by incorporating a Wholesale Sign-in page into your website.
- Make different Customer Level Discounts and Catalog Level Discounts.
- Provide two checkout methods: Draft Order API and Coupon Code API.
- Set up special delivery prices and minimum order limits for all customer levels.
- Allow for urgency by displaying a fully configurable, live countdown timer for each product.
- A complete wholesale solution.
- Excellent customer service
- Set customized shipping costs and minimum order constraints (weight, amount, quantity) for all consumers or wholesale clients based on the tag.
- The order limit feature is not available with the free trial.
- The speed of calculating product costs is slow.
- The dashboard may crash if you have multiple products.
Pricing: 14-day free trial.
- Basic Plan: $24/month
- Professional Plan: $29/month
- Business Plan: $39/month
AOD ‑ Order Limits (Min‑Max)
AOD ‑ Order Limits (Min‑Max) allows you to set up Shopify limit order quantity, which can be done based on the number of products in the cart, the weight of the products, or the value of the cart. There are eight options to implement order limits, all are simple to create and require little to no time to complete once the software is loaded. You can even offer pre-packaged sets with it. So you can only sell six goods that come in a pack of six. Alternatively, you can create limits based on a multiple, such as only selling in multiples of six.
Plus, this app does not require any code. You can use it whether or not you are a developer. There is complete customization accessible, as well as outstanding assistance.
- Allow you to specify a minimum and maximum order amount, weight, or quantity.
- Set minimum and maximum spending, as well as minimum-maximum order sizes for your whole order
- Offer a bundled set of X units.
- Control the checkout process for customers to avoid unprofitable orders by setting an order limit.
- Sell in multiples and make it impossible for customers to order only a portion of that multiple.
- No coding is required.
- Your website requires a complete makeover.
- Simple to use
- Not many users yet.
- The app has rules that set limits that the minimum number must be greater than 0 and the maximum number must be two or more. Meaning, you can’t limit customers to just buying one product.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
AOD ‑ Order Limits (Min‑Max) has only one plan at $3.99 per month without additional fees.
Quantify allows you to set up minimum-maximum orders on Shopify. This method is straightforward, and customers will find it reassuring and not overly restrictive. Limits can be defined based on the number of products in a cart, the cart’s value, and other factors.
You can ensure no unprofitable orders on your Shopify store by varying the cart value or the number of things purchased. It can also help you increase your profit margins and spend more money on your website. It might also help you save money on shipping if you offer free shipping on orders exceeding a particular weight.
Moreover, the app may blend in flawlessly with your website’s current theme, giving the impression that it was always there. If clients do not follow website rules, you can set an alert popup to notify them of the adjustments to their purchase that they must make before continuing with their order. The popup can also be modified with a custom message and multiple colors to match your logo.
- It is perfectly blended with the look of your theme for greater, seamless integration.
- A popup that alerts customers when they violate your website’s policies.
- Limit the number of things that can be purchased at one time.
- Before accepting an order, make sure it is over a certain amount.
- Perfect for adding a minimum order quantity on the Shopify store.
- Fast support team
- A user-friendly interface makes it simple to manage your store.
- Not many users yet.
- One user reported that the app broke the “Add to Cart” button and was not compatible with the Shopify theme. Even the settings panel is not available. It just shows a blank screen.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
Quantify has only one plan at $3.99 per month without additional fees.
MultiVariants ‑ Bulk Order
MultiVariants ‑ Bulk Order is a Shopify order limits free app for starters. It enables your customers to place different versions and quantities of the same product in a short period. Convert your standard variants dropdown into a variant list table with a quantity box, allowing your clients to select many variants and quantities at once and add them to the shopping cart with a single click.
Furthermore, the app provides various order limit options on a case-by-case basis. Specifically, you can define the min/max number by variants, which will help you limit the number of variants purchased by customers. Besides, you can also set the Shopify limit orders per day or a combination of the total variants. And the last option is to put min/max value (minimum order) per variant/total.
There is no need for manual integration or coding. Most themes are compatible automatically. This tool will help you enhance your sales and conversion rate by allowing you to mix and match bulk product orders.
- Quantity depending on incremental increments
- The product page shows all variant combinations with the quantity box for bulk ordering.
- Order Limits (Minimum and Maximum)
- Display preferences for variants, unit/total price, available stock amount, icons, Out of Stock, and picture badge.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly
- Allow my consumers to simply see various product variants and select multiple colors and sizes with a single click.
- Customer service is quite approachable.
- Not many users yet.
Pricing: 5-day free trial.
- Starter: Free
- Standard: $9.99/month
- Professional: $19.99month
Min&Max Limits by Limitsify
When it comes to limiting what clients can purchase on your website, this app is one of the best. This option uses an Ajax cart to set order limitations based on the number of products in the cart, the quantity of a specific product, or the cart’s value. You can specify a minimum and maximum level. As a result, you can prevent consumers from overbuying supplies or ensure that you don’t sell too few items and incur a loss on order.
Also, the configuration interface is simple to utilize. For example, you can combine a variety of rules to create the ideal set of rules for your website. Limits can be defined by price, product, SKU, product category, vendor, weight, and the number of products in the cart as a whole.
Last but not least, you can set the limit based on the availability of unique products. Min&Max Limits by Limitsify signifies that the customer can only purchase one product and not another.
- Set restrictions based on various rules to increase your store’s profitability and prohibit orders that aren’t worth enough from being placed
- No coding skills are required.
- Able to set up minimum-maximum order Shopify with nine options.
- Can create exclusive products that cannot be purchased in conjunction with another product.
- Provide robust Shopify limits for orders feature
- Easy to use.
- Customers complain that the order limit feature is not stable.
- Slow customer support.
- Incompatible with some themes.
Pricing: 10-day free trial.
- Basic Plan: $4/month
- Premium Plan: $7/month
MinCart ‑ Order limits
You can use MinCart ‑ Order limits to set up the Shopify order limit, preventing users from ordering too little or too much. It only takes five minutes to install, set limits, and apply them across your website, making this one of the most user-friendly tools on the platform.
There are seven distinct ways to limit access to your website. This includes the number of products in your shopping basket, as well as specific products, variants, collections, vendors, product kinds, or tags. These restrictions ensure that orders placed in your store are never unprofitable again and that clients do not purchase an excessive amount of a particular product.
Moreover, you can also create limitations based on the total price of the basket, ensuring that all orders exceed a specific value. This feature can be helpful if there are exorbitant delivery rates if orders are too large. If there are surcharges for large orders, you may also want to restrict orders for suppliers on your website.
What’s more, this program features a popup warning that clients can display. This popup is entirely customizable, and you can make it blend in with the rest of your store’s style. You can also specify start and end dates for any restrictions. This is especially crucial when there is a seasonal shortage of a specific product or a new product in high demand.
- Orders can be restricted using a variety of different restrictions.
- Add products that are not subject to regulations with ease.
- Use a popup to educate clients who attempt to buy too few/too many things.
- Make use of timed rules.
- Seven distinct ways to limit access to your website.
- You can set a global rule, such as no orders with more than ten things, but exclude particular products from the administration, such as impulse purchase items (bags of sweets, for instance)
- The developer is helpful and fixes an issue quickly.
- Not many users yet.
- This app is preventing the checkout button from loading.
- It can be challenging to adjust the limits.
Pricing: 7-day free trial.
- Barrier Plan: $5.99/month
- Gatekeeper Plan: $8.99/month
- Barrier Yearly: $4.99/month
- Gatekeeper Yearly: $7.99/ month
Stellar Delivery Date & Pickup
Right from the name, you can also know Stellar Delivery Date & Pickup provides customers with convenience both during and after their online purchases. However, it also includes an order limit feature, limiting the number of orders you receive per time slot and day.
First and foremost, let’s talk a little about its main feature. Merchants can choose their delivery date. Buyers can select the most convenient arrival day for them. As a result, the app will improve your customers’ shopping experience, making it easier to gain trust and loyalty. In addition, you can specify a minimum and maximum gap in delivery date and add notes or attention to a customer’s cart.
Furthermore, the features you need in the top 10+ best Shopify order limit app for wholesale business are also in this app. Specifically, your clients can only order a limited amount of the goods by limiting the number of quantities.
- Buyers should be able to see the delivery date.
- Improve service quality
- Fully manage the order time.
- Provide a primary user interface
- Installation is completed quickly.
- Extremely convenient if you have a physical store.
- Customer Service has been beneficial.
- Not a dedicated application for order limit, so this feature is still limited.
- The Shopify admin may have had an issue that caused the delivery date information to be shown incorrectly on the order detail view.
Pricing: 14-day free trial.
- Partner Store: Free
- Single Location: $14.99/month
- Store Pickup: $19.99/month
- Product Delivery: $14.99/month
Magic Cart Min & Max
Although Magic Cart Min & Max currently has no user reviews, you can fully trust the application’s features when developed by Smart Ecom Tech, which has 31 applications in the Shopify app store.
To start, you may encounter a situation where a consumer purchases your goods in quantity to resell them and profit. This irritates you since other customers are trying to buy the same thing, sold out due to that customer’s hefty purchase. Perhaps you have an excess of a product that you want to get rid of as quickly as feasible.
As a result, Magic Cart Min & Max helps prevent clients from purchasing a specific product in bulk or establishing a minimum purchase quantity to stop small orders.
Moreover, the app is straightforward to use. Set up the app quickly, select your products, define the cart rule, and personalize the popup message, and you’re ready to go.
In general, the developer also does not provide too much information in the introduction. Besides, there are no ratings yet, so it is pretty challenging to comment on the application. However, with the 30-day free trial, you can fully explore more.
- Change the content and appearance of the popup message.
- Set up minimum-maximum order Shopify.
- The trial period is long, but errors can also occur during the trial, so you should be careful.
- Not many users yet.
- Not rich in features.
Pricing: 90-day free trial.
Magic Cart Min & Max has only one plan at $9.99 per month with unlimited rules.
In this article, BSS Commerce Shopify provides you with a summary of the top 10+ best Shopify order limit apps for wholesale business. Besides, we have also given reasons why you should use these apps. When it comes to the profitability of your website, you may need to limit what customers buy on your website at times. To set up order limits on Shopify, you should not miss the information in the article.
One final piece of advice for you is that limiting your order is essential for a wholesale store. However, there are numerous alternatives for your store, so choose carefully and consider the most suitable choice.