Print on Demand has recently emerged as an eCommerce trend. Hence, it is unsurprising that the number of Shopify apps for Print on Demand has dramatically increased. The Shopify Print on Demand apps can help you easily handle the process, boost your revenue and control your profit while minimizing upfront expenditures and unnecessary labor.
This blog will introduce the leading Shopify apps for Print On Demand based on ratings and reviews to help you choose the right Shopify for your business. Scroll down to read more!
What Is Print On Demand?
Print on Demand (POD) is the fulfillment model that allows sellers to create product graphics and print them on everything from mugs, towels, art prints, phone covers, and more to clothes like shirts and hoodies. Hence, you don’t need to maintain a stockpile of inventory because the products are only printed after a consumer places an order.
In addition, when you can partner with a provider, they will take care of the printing, counting, packaging, delivering the products, and other post-sale tasks. As a result, businesses will save time or effort in managing the product’s delivery and appearance.
Benefits Of Print On Demand
Print On Demand offers numerous opportunities for your business in terms of time, money, and risk. Check it out below!
1. Less Inventory
The primary seller doesn’t need to keep any inventory since the orders will be sent directly to the third-party provider. With Print on Demand, you only print what the customers require. You won’t need to set up a location for storing products and materials in your company. The absence of inventory can prevent your company from stockpiling useless or out-of-date marketing materials.
It guarantees that there won’t ever be too much stock. Finished goods won’t exist if no one has ordered an item.
2. Optimized Cost
Businesses can create cost-effective management settings on the site to limit budgetary risks because Print On Demand utilizes an online purchasing system. Large-scale print orders in bulk can result in high storage and inventory management costs.
With Print on Demand, you can prevent unnecessary upfront printing costs. Instead of printing in large quantities, you can choose to use print-on-demand. Then, depending on the situation, you may decide whether to continue printing on-demand with occasional updates or to continue printing in bulk if you stick with the same marketing materials for a while.
Print on Demand allows for quick turnaround times because you will produce based on your customers’ needs. Besides, thanks to advances in digital technology, the print quality is excellent enough to satisfy even the pickiest customer.
Print on Demand is increasingly popular among businesses for displaying fast-changing data, compliance updates, new standard protocols, and personalized images. Fortunately, Print on Demand speeds up the process of ordering and producing without sacrificing quality.
4. Customization is available for small quantities
Your marketing team can make text adjustments as needed since Print on Demand allows you to print what you need in small batches. You won’t have to worry about wasting outdated, stored materials when you print small quantities. Moreover, you can add personalized text or graphics each time you send products to customers to ensure that your marketing outreach is well received. Your marketing strategy can perform better and be more successful if you provide tailored content in small batches.
Key Differences Between Print on Demand And Dropshipping
Dropshipping is a retail approach where inventory is not available in your warehouse. Instead, you work with a supplier who keeps its inventory ready. The supplier will deliver the order directly to the customer after receiving the customer’s demands and shipment information from your business.
Similar to typical dropshipping, Print on Demand involves having a supplier maintain inventory and distribute products to customers on your behalf. The final products are not produced in bulk in advance. Instead, as soon as the company receives an order, printing will start.
Apart from similarities, there are many significant differences between Print on Demand and Dropshipping, including
- Time delivery: With Print on Demand, order delivery takes longer. Depending on how many products requires printing, this could take a few days.
- Product customization: Unlike dropshipping, where all products are ready-to-sell, Print on Demand comes with personalized and printed products such as clothing, accessories, and household items.
- Price: Since Print on Demand objects are printed in order, dropshipping is cheaper than Print on Demand.
- Product quality management: Merchants do not possess the available products or inventory for dropshipping and Print on Demand services. However, businesses can take control of product quality better with Print on Demand.
- Potential profit: Dropshipping wins over Print on Demand. Wholesalers and manufacturers offer dropshipping products at very competitive prices. These products lack branding, which considerably reduces the cost. However, Print on Demand is more sustainable in the long run.
Top-notch Shopify Print On Demand Apps
Source: Demo Store by Printful
Printful has served millions of customers. It is undoubtedly one of the leading Print on Demand dropshipping & warehousing services available on the Shopify App Store.
Printful offers the broadest selection of print-on-demand products, from t-shirts to fanny packs. It provides up to 300+ print-on-demand customized products for sale. Besides, Printful can handle all aspects of your Print on Demand business on Shopify, including inventory management, equipment maintenance, and shipping. With Printful, fulfillment, shipping, and delivery take just a few clicks.
Rating: 4.5/3893 reviews
Price: It’s free to get started. You only have to pay production costs.
- Demand no up-front payment from retailers.
- Good management of your revenue.
- Make your designs without any background knowledge required.
- Automated order processing.
- Discounts on product samples are available.
- 24/7 customer support from an excellent customer service team.
- No upfront expenses, no registration, only pay for the order.
- High-quality products that satisfy customers.
- Customization of products.
- Integrated tools.
- Easy-to-use tool for creating mockups to generate bespoke designs.
- A larger color wheel is available.
- Printed products’ quality varies from time to time, and issues can arise.
- Shipping costs can be expensive.
- It takes up to 2 to 7 days to fulfill an order.
Source: Source: Demo Store by Apliiq
Apliiq is a Los Angeles and California-based wholesale Print on Demand solution for Shopify stores. Along with printing, Apliiq offers a wide variety of products, including cut-and-sew, stitching, and labeling. In addition, Apliiq provides a knowledge base page and brief articles to assist you in understanding and getting accustomed to the application.
It offers numerous blank clothing that can be customized, with fabrics carefully chosen from local suppliers and hand-printed by skilled cutters and sewers. When you purchase wholesale, Apliiq enables you to save up to anywhere between 20% and 55%, starting at as few as ten units. During checkout, your discount will be applied.
Free to use, you are only charged for each product Apliiq fulfills. Like other ShopifyPrint on Demand apps, Apliiq accepts all major credit cards and PayPal for payment.
- High customization
- High standard for DTG
- Outstanding customer service
- Created a catalog of clothing items for bulk purchases and Dropshipping
- Properly packaged products
- Assistance from a production artist
- Within 15 days, it ships to more than 150 nations and regions.
- Accept credit cards and PayPal
- Direct integration with WooCommerce and Shopify
- Warehouses and integrations need to be upgraded.
- Does not offer anything other than clothing.
- The production process can last up to five business days.
Source: Demo Store by CustomCat
CustomCat is rated as one of the best Shopify apps for Print on Demand. Businesses can utilize CustomCat to create unique products to sell on your Shopify store. With CustomCat, a consumer’s purchase can be automatically processed, printed, and delivered! CustomCat will automatically send a tracking email to your customer once the order has shipped. There are currently 350 Print on Demand items in its inventory, including clothes, housewares, and accessories.
Thanks to its cutting-edge printing facilities in Detroit, Michigan, the United States, CustomCat can ship up to 40K+ items in one day. In addition, high personalization makes life much simpler for app users.
CustomCat offers business-friendly prices. There are two pricing plans: CustomCat Lite and CustomCat. With CustomCat Lite, it is free to start with no upfront fees or monthly fees. With CustomCat, businesses have to pay $30 per month. However, you can get a 30-day trial at no cost. Moreover, you can save up to 20 percent on production costs on average.
- User-friendly interface
- Good support service
- Utilize an API for Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce integrations
- Affordable to use
- Various printing techniques, including digital printing, embroidery, 3D dye fusion, and DTG
- Relevant personal experience
- 350+ available products on Shopify
- One of the lowest commission rates apps for Shopify
- A tool for product personalization that enables buyers to insert names and texts
- Support fast overnight shipment (at additional costs)
- Discounts for wholesalers
- Accept payments from Payoneer, PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover
- No services for personal branding.
- Non-US/EU locations can have shipping delays.
- Deliveries can take a while.
- The USA is home to its sole warehouse.
- There isn’t any special packaging.
Source: Demo Store by Gooten
As one of the top Shopify apps for Print on Demand, Gooten also serves as a complete logistics platform. Gooten supports shipping everywhere since Gooten collaborates with several foreign producers and distributors to speed up delivery and cut down shipping costs. Gooten offers an intelligent supply chain solution for B2B businesses with flexible sourcing, dynamic routing, meticulous quality control, industry insights, devoted consultants, and financial advisors.
The app’s goal is to provide online stores with customized goods. Gooten delivers a wide range of products, such as business cards, pet accessories, apparel, entertainment and media, personalized gifts, and home decor. In addition, Gooten offers the POD service, including a flexible API, a powerful catalog, an automated process, and a global network.
Rating: 4.2/401 reviews
Like most POD apps, Gooten is free to download without up-front expenses. The hidden fees, however, might be deducted from the Shopify invoice. Since product costs are reasonable for the industry, they fit new and expanding dropshipping firms.
- Easy-to-use dashboard with statistics, shipping statuses, and order information
- Good product selection for small and medium-sized businesses
- Automated processing, manufacturing, and shipping orders.
- Support expedited international shipping and overnight delivery to the US (at extra fees).
- PayPal and credit/debit cards are accepted as payment methods.
- Compatible with BigCommerce, Etsy, WooCommerce, and Shopify.
- Simple to install and use
- Logical interface
- Numerous hot products
- High customization
- Reasonable prices
- Order processing takes 3-6 business days.
- No packages for customized shipments.
- When compared to the rivals, mockups may be superior.
- Some people receive alternative products, which affects them negatively.
Source: Demo Store by Printify
Founded in 2015 and invested by Silicon Valley angel investors, Printify is regarded as one of the top Shopify apps for Print on Demand. It offers online retailers a complete Print on Demand service to help them grow their business. With Printify, it takes less than a minute to synchronize with a Shopify site. Besides, it provides you with a fantastic selection of clothing items. There are various print vendors, including ones from the US, Europe, China, and Australia.
Moreover, Printify connects you with the large Print on Demand providers network in over 100 locations rather than constructing its production facilities. Hence, this Shopify app allows you to compare pg stationery, home & lifestyle items, fashion, accessories, and pet supplies.
Rating: 4.4/1790 reviews
Printify offers a free and premium version at $29 per month. With the free version, you can empower five online stores with an unlimited number of product designs and 24/7 merchant support. Apart from the free plan features, the premium one gives you ten online store capabilities and up to 20% discount on products.
- 250+ goods and 90+ printer locations worldwide, a simple mockup generator
- There are green printing providers available
- Support for credit cards and PayPal
- Connect to PrestaShop, Squarespace, WooCommerce, Wix, BigCommerce, Shopify, eBay, and Etsy
- Fast and modern technology
- Customizable options
- Effortless operation
- Outstanding client service
- Easy potential for integration
- Order processing takes 2–7 working days.
- Doesn’t offer solutions for personalized labeling and packaging.
- Niche goods could cost more than what consumers anticipated.
- As expected, their system can be more adaptable.
Source: Demo Store by JetPrint
Among the Shopify apps Print on Demand, JetPrint is at the top. Jetprint is more than just a Shopify t-shirt app; it can produce more than 35 pairs of shoes and 80 pieces of jewelry. Besides, JetPrint is famous for providing clients with unique items. Over 300 custom goods are available to internet retailers through JetPrint. As a result, Shopify merchants who are just starting their online store can find a suitable product with ease.
Rating: 4.1/253 reviews
Price: Installing JetPrint is cost-free, while additional fees related to the print-on-demand procedure can apply during delivery. The average price of the products is $18 for watches, $15 for jeans, $13 for t-shirts, and $25 for shoes.
- 200+ goods, including leather shoes and wooden quartz watches
- quick turnaround times (from three days for any product)
- Quicker product design with the help of design templates
- Devoted customer service
- Numerous options for items
- A helpful FAQ page
- High standards for product quality
- Many integrations with payments
- Give online business owners access to more than 300 products.
- A live mockup creator is available.
- The mock-up engine has certain lag times
- One could argue that the test method and sequence need to be improved
Fuel is one of the most affordable Shopify Print on Demand apps worth checking out. According to online reviews, this Shopify app offers incredibly low costs, making it ideal for novices. Fortunately, reasonable pricing comes with high quality. In addition, its purpose is to support Shopify-applying sellers. Workflow automation from Fuel saves time and is suitable for well-known brands.
Rating: 4.1/280 reviews
Price: Installing Fuel is cost-free. However, you must keep track of the costs you will incur during the shipping procedure. The cost of the products is reasonable; S-size, 100 percent cotton t-shirts start at $7 each.
- Affordable costs for personalized Print on Demand clothes
- Discounts (between $1 and $3 per item) for the first 50 orders placed by new customers
- Automatic shipping and order processing
- US shipping is quick (2-4 days)
- Direct integrations
- Robust assistance
- Diverse color collections and printing techniques
- Quick shipment
- The providers brought on several delays.
- They must perform more frequent stock checks on their inventory.
- Faster production is necessary.
Source: Demo Store by Gelato
Gelato is one of the excellent Shopify Print on Demand apps. The app collaborates with a sizable network of suppliers in 30 countries allowing global distribution. Hence, Gelato will likely have a supplier in your country, thereby fulfilling your requests. That’s why Gelato is one of the most widely used Shopify apps Print on Demand since it can reach both local and international locations.
In addition, Gelato offers very reasonable pricing plans and does not require any upfront costs. Besides, Gelato enables sustainable production and product customization with its free design tools.
Rating: 4.5/156 reviews
Price: Gelato offers three different pricing plans: Gelato Free, the Gelato+ costing $14.99 monthly, and Gelato+ Gold billed at $999 once per year with three months of free shipping, dedicated migration support, and workflow automation.
- A customization tool that enables customers to design unique products for your store
- With a wide selection of modern products, including roll-ups and metallic print
- No matter where you are, delivery only takes an average of 72 hours.
- Responsive and intuitive app
- Supportive client relations
- Reasonable pricing
- Diverse language support
- Various e-commerce website integrations
- A simple refund policy
- Instructive materials and lessons
- Some products’ quality fell short of expectations.
- The IT department has to address some bugs.
- Improved frame quality is expected.
9. Print Melon
Print Melon claims they concentrate on specialty products and printing quality to support new Shopify dropshipping businesses. It is the ideal solution for apparel decoration for Print on Demand businesses. Once your store and Print Melon are connected, you can upload your designs to our user-friendly design studio to create and publish mock-ups. As soon as your store receives an order, Print Melon will begin processing the order. Since providing excellent customer service is its top goal, Print Melon takes quality control very seriously.
Rating: 4.4/117 reviews
Price: Designing items for a Shopify store is free. Compared to the other Shopify Print on Demand apps on this list, the pricing of Print on Demand is approximately average.
- Order fulfillment that is quick and automatic helps businesses cut down costs
- Good service; after dealing with issues with Print Melon’s staff, some reviews were changed to 5 stars.
- Frequent restocking required – customer feedback shows that there are “out of stock” issues.
Source: Demo Store by teelaunch
Founded in 2015, teelaunch has settled more than 170,000 POD production facilities with high performance and quality. Shopify stores owners admit that teelaunch provides high-quality printing. teelaunch has a significant advantage over other Print on Demand apps that offers uncommon products like shower curtains and paperback journals. Besides, teelaunch has a helpful website to assist numerous stores in making a profit.
On the other hand, teelaunch can handle product delivery anywhere in the world with a quick turnaround time of 3-6 business days and cheap shipping rates. Additionally, teelaunch has a personalization feature that allows users to add their name or photo to a product.
Rating: 4.1/618 reviews
Price: No monthly costs; you only need to pay when you make a sale. However, extra fees associated with shipment can show up on the suppliers’ invoices.
- High-quality printing on all products
- There are several production facilities worldwide that permit exports to any nation.
- A wide collection of products is available, including clothing, dinnerware, drinks, home products, and office supplies.
- Quick orders for US purchases, processing times start at three days.
- Quick shipment
- Exceptional mockups
- Good customer service
- Profitable Direct-to-Garment (DTG)
- eCommerce platform integrations with Etsy, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce
- Powerful backend
- For a few consumers, account locking has led to annoying issues
- Deleted orders have happened to some consumers
- The app update caused some issues
How To Choose The Best Shopify Print On Demand App
When you choose the Shopify app for Print on Demand business, you should be aware of both the strengths and weaknesses. You will need a suitable Print on Demand app to launch a Shopify business selling t-shirts, hoodies, shoes, pet supplies, wall art, watches, or posters. Below are some essential features of Shopify apps Print on Demand to consider before making the final option:
- Free to use – to cut costs if you’re just starting, you could wish to select free print-on-demand Shopify apps.
- A respectable selection of products – The finest Shopify print-on-demand software allows you to sell at least 100 items (clothing, homeware, pet products, smartphone cases, etc.).
- No up-front expenses – you must be able to launch a print-on-demand company or grow an existing one without making an inventory investment.
- A print-on-demand Shopify business should manage inventory and complete orders without your assistance. Free fulfillment and storage.
- Fast product delivery – a Print on Demand company needs to make speedy deliveries, so look for programs that provide fulfillment, shipping, and delivery times as quickly as possible.
The Final Words
Starting a business without inventory or shipping is not a concern because Print on Demand apps can handle both. We are aware that selecting the best software can be challenging. Hopefully, our suggestions for the top Shopify Print on Demand apps according to ratings and reviews in the Shopify app store can make the process of starting your company has never been simpler. Shopify apps for Print on Demand offer more support in addition to POD services so that your time selling on Shopify runs well.
If you want to build a Shopify online store or migrate to Shopify from other platforms, you can consider BSS Commerce a top choice. We have the mission to deliver the fantastic Shopify solution to businesses of any size worldwide. Contact us and get consulted right away by expert-level professionals!