As a Magento 2 business owner, you must have read about Rich Snippets. In this article, we will show you in details about this structured data and how to enable Rich Snippets in Magento 2 to highlight your products in search result pages.
1. What is Rich Snippets (Structured Data) and its benefits?
Rich Snippets is a term used to describe a type of structured data markup that you can add to the current HTML of your Magento 2 site. This structured helps search engines like Google understanding the site’s content and enabling special features when showing your store in the search result pages. In another word, by implementing Rich Snippets in Magento 2, you can have an enhanced search result appearance for your website with extra information such as rating, review, prices, business information and so on.
As a result, an enhanced search result offers lots of benefits to the site owner.
– Firstly, Rich Snippets improve the visibility of your site in the SERPs. Among all the regular results, your store will stand out with an eye-catching display and especially the highlight from rating stars for the product pages.
– CTR (click through rate) is increased when enabling Rich Snippets in Magento 2. Buyers have more reliable info about your product (rating, review, price, etc..) and your business (logo, address, contact, social profiles,..). For example, a customer types “red sports t-shirt” in their search box. The page provides an appealing showing of a 5-star rating and 24 reviews will more clickable than a regular result with nothing at all.
– Reduction in bounce rate is undoubted. Extra information in rich snippets gives buyers a more relevant overview about the pages. Hence, you will have a better-qualified visitors who are less likely to be bounced back.
2. The Default Rich Snippets in Magento 2
The default Magento 2 is also supported with the structured data. However, it is constrained. For the default Magento 2 store, only rating and review of product pages are enabled to be visible in the SERPs. Other rich features for product page such as showing navigation path, price, availability are disabled. Moreover, there are even more captivating rich snippets info are being forgotten in the default. Those are local business details, sitelink search box, social profile links and so on. In the next part, we will show you how to enable these advanced Rich Snippets in Magento 2.
3. Advanced Rich Snippets in Magento 2 you should not miss
To enhance the default Rich Snippets for Magento 2, admins can use the extension such as Rich Snippets for Magento 2. The extension can helps you get the most practical rich features for the search result of an ecommerce store such as:
Full rich snippets for Magento 2 product page: price, availability, rating, and review
Besides the necessary rating and review rich snippets like default, price and availability are a must-have when showing your products in the SERPs. Especially, the price can help to gain more qualified traffic. When visitors know that they are clicking into the items in a suitable budget, they are less likely to be bounced.
Showing breadcrumbs (navigation path) with a customized store name
In the regular search result, the full URL is shown under the meta title of the page. However, with the breadcrumbs feature of rich snippets, the URL is written in the form of a clear navigation path. This gives buyers a precise page’s position in the store hierarchy. Moreover, in the extension backend, admins can customize the store name displayed in the SERPs. For example, you can get rid of the .com and https and replace them with a more charming name.
Adding detailed business info of name, logo, contact, address, social links…. with Rich Snippets
Local business is a prominent feature of Rich Snippets in Magento 2 which is very useful to gain brand awareness. 81% of shoppers conduct online research before they make a purchase. And you have only one chance to gain a trustworthy impression once your store name is typed in the search box. The features can help you to do that at ease. Let’re the rich snippets provide your precious buyers with the most detailed overview of your business.
Enable a sitelink search box only for your Magento 2 store
A search box will be displayed to search within your website exclusively. This search box is powered by Google and provide a quick way for users to look for products from your store only. Below is an example of a site link search box.
In conclusion, enable Rich Snippets in Magento 2 is essential to any store as they can significantly improve the CTR and reduce bounce rate. In default Magento 2, only a few limited rich snippets are supported. Hence, the extension like Rich Snippets for Magento 2 is an ideal solution to fully empower your website with all the necessary Rich Snippets for ecommerce. Moreover, the extension comes with a Free Installation and Free 1-year Support from experts. In the upcoming article, we will publish more articles about SEO in Magento 2 and tips for a better ranking for your store. So stay tuned and let us know what you want to read next in the comment section!