In this article, we will walk you through everything you need to know about the Magento hierarchy to take full advantage of it!
Nowadays, most eCommerce store owners try to expand the network of their stores and enter many different niches of the market by creating multiple websites, stores, and store views.
The system of all those websites, stores and store views is called Magento hierarchy.
Continue to read the content below to learn more about Magento Hierarchy.
CHECK OUT the simple explanation of Magento Different Prices For The Same Product HERE!
Explanation of Magento Hierarchy
To take full advantage of Magento functions, we should have a correct understanding of the Magento Hierarchy. Magento allows users to create multiple websites and stores in only one installation.
There are 4 terms in accordance with 4 levels of the web store hierarchy: “Global,” “Website” “Store” and “Store view”.
- Global is the entire Magento 2 settings for the website after the installation is completed. Those settings include inventory, prices, and other parameters that are specified by the store owner.
- Website is the basis of a web store. On one Magento installation, the store owner can use a domain to create a website.
- Store is the children of a website. Each website has one or more stores to show its product catalog.
- Store view is different presentations of front-end data in a store. In general, it is usually used for multiple languages. It provides store owners with the ability to localize their store based on each target market.
This Magento 2 hierarchy results in a “multiple” system: an installation allows creating multiple websites, a website can have various stores, and a store can have multiple store views.
For example, you have one Magento installation and create a website to sell a book. On this website, you create 2 stores, one for fiction and one for non-fiction books. In each store, you create 3 store views with different languages English: Germany and French for customers from a different country.
What We Can/Cannot Do With Each Layer In Magento Hierarchy
– Can assign different themes to each store view.
– Can adjust the naming conventions of your payment/shipping methods.
– Can change the titles and descriptions of your category/ product.
– Can see orders that have been processed from a specific store view.
– Can manage orders based upon their store view.
– Cannot have particular payment/ shipping methods for each store view.
– Cannot change the category/ tax structure between store views.
– Cannot view most reports based upon store view segmentation
– Can manage a completely different catalog/ category between Stores.
– Cannot have specific payment/ shipping methods for each Store.
– Cannot change the tax structures within Stores.
– Cannot manage a separate inventory with Stores.
– Cannot manage ANY configuration settings between Stores
You can do almost everything from the reporting and orders to the customer base and checkout configurations.
Benefits Of Multiple Magento 2 Hierarchy
This Magento 2 hierarchy is highly extensible, flexible and user- friendly so that it can support the dynamic needs of ecommerce business. It is easy for store owners to manage and grow business through a system of stores under only one Magento installation with one single admin panel.
– Customer experience will be improved. Customers will find it easy to access your sites with such a clear structure.
– Site management becomes easier. You can manage your business with a large and diverse range of stores, products, markets (regions).
+ Multi stores: Open the volume of your business at ease. Increase the ability to sell various kinds of products, divided into different categories in an easy-to-follow structure.
+ Multi-store views: Advantageous for international trading. Cross-border selling in different markets becomes easier with the using of local currency and language.
+ Multi website: increase the ability to change every aspect of the customer experience, including the ability to manage an entirely different set of customers for each Website.
+ It is easy to share data such as product and customer accounts, which centralizes sales and data reporting.
Hope that this post provides you with a useful overview of Magento hierarchy with multiple layers that help to boost up your business. However, you need to consider which actions you can do with multi-website, multi-stores, and multi-store views.
Also, because of various advantages of Magento 2 hierarchy, some extensions like Magento 2 Multiple Store View solution and Magento 2 Multiple Store View Pricing are created to make it more powerful.
This module allows the admin to set up different prices for the same product and set up base currency on each Magento store view easily.
- Set up different prices, special prices and tier prices for a product per store view of Magento 2 store
- Set up base currency for each Magento 2 store view
- Customers checkout with base currency of their store view conveniently
- Set up various special prices for a product per store view of Magento 2 store
If you find our tutorial helpful, please Like, Share and Subscribe to spread it to more users.
BSS Commerce is one of the leading Magento extension providers and web development services in the world. With experienced and certified Magento developers, we commit to bringing high-quality products and services to optimize your business effectively. Furthermore, we offer FREE Installation – FREE 1-year Support and FREE Lifetime Update for every Magento extension.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.