Maintaining your online store might not be an easy task, especially if you don’t have much experience working with the development language of the platform. That’s why a maintenance service is extremely helpful. Not only does it provide assistance whenever you need but it also improves the quality and productivity of your business. With a suitable service, the operation process will become smoother and simpler. In this blog, we’re going to introduce some Magento support services that you should take into account for your business.
Magento support services for your business
1. Migration service
Switching from Magento to Magento 2 is a challenging project. You have to make sure all the data is successfully migrated, from customer to product information. If there are any incidents during the migration process, chances are, you’ll be easily confused. Luckily, this service is here to help you with that. The migration service ensures a smooth transition from one version to another. But if you are wondering whether to move onto Magento 2, here are some advantages of this new edition that you should take into account:
- Magento 2 page loading speed is 2-3 times faster.
- Magento 2 comes with more advanced features.
- Magento 2 security has been enhanced.
- Magento 2 has a mobile-friendly interface.
If you have decided to move to Magento 2, here are some steps you should follow in order to have a smooth transition:
- Back up your source of data in case of any incidents.
- Make sure your softwares and hardwares are up to date.
- Make a list of extensions that you would like to have on your new site because most Magento 1 extensions won’t work on this new edition.
- If you have decided to hire a developer team, make clear with them about any expectations or requirements you have to ensure that you’re all on the same page.
- Thoroughly test your new site before going live.
2. Security service
For online stores, it’s much easier to face the risk of information theft or leakage, especially when digital crimes have been increasing at an alarming rate. Any security vulnerabilities can place your store at potential risk of data loss and external invaders. That’s why security service is one of the most essential Magento support services. This service helps you with malware cleanup, firewall setup and if you have been hacked, they will remove your website from the blacklists as soon as possible.
If you are thinking about signing up for a security service, but still not sure whether your store has any vulnerabilities that need improving then here are some Magento security scanners you can consider:
- MageReport: this program helps you check your core Magento store and also some third-party extensions for any potential threats.
- Magento Security Scan: a tool provided by Magento and designed specifically for Magento’s business owners. You can schedule to run the program daily or weekly and receive the report via your email.
- Foregenix: this online scanner provides you with results of any Magento shoplift, outdated version, unprotected version control, credit card hijack or secret leaks.
IDENTIFY POTENTIAL RISKS with Magento full-site audit.
3. Integration service
System integration means joining different subsystems into one large system, for example: integrating a customer relationship management system into your e-commerce store. Integrations add great value to your overall system as it gives you better control of the business.
FIND OUT MORE about useful integrations for e-commerce stores.
To ensure a smooth integration process, here are some tips you should follow:
- Understand what your business requires and make sure the integration is suitable for those needs.
- Check your system to see if they’re working properly. An outdated application could slow down or complicate the process.
- Do your research carefully before making the decision. You can read customer reviews or do background checks on the service provider’s history.
4. Extension service
An extension is a piece of software that can extend the capabilities of an application. In other words, it adds extra features to an already existing application. For example, when the default SEO function of Magento is not sufficient for your store, you can enhance it by adding an SEO extension. With the right extensions, customer experience would increase and so would your sales and competitiveness. Some extensions can also help you save time and effort doing the manual work such as translating your content, SEO optimizing, managing multiple stores,…
For anyone who is thinking about getting a new extension, here are some steps you could follow to make the process easier:
- Create a list of all the features that your store needs to have. Since you’re the one who understands your business most, you should know what’s best for it.
- Take into account important factors such as price, quantity and quality of the features, policies and support services,… of the extension.
- Do some research by reading customer reviews, checking the provider’s history,…
- Reach out to multiple providers. It’s best for you to gather as much information as possible before making any choices. A conversation with the provider might give you some beneficial insights.
5. Performance service
This kind of Magento support service covers a wide range of topics. It can provide you with advice on how to improve performance or help you enhance a specific aspect of your online store.
Some usual performance improvement services that you can find include:
- SEO improvement: Everybody understands the importance of SEO for online business. But not everyone knows how to utilize it. With the help of this service, you’ll be able to optimize your digital store to reach more potential customers.
- Speed improvement: Loading speed is a significant factor when it comes to customer experience. Most people expect the website to load in less than 2 seconds. With this service, an overall check will be carried out to determine what is slowing your site down and help you fix it.
- Sales improvement: If you’re wondering why the conversion rate and traffic rate of your digital store don’t look so good, then this service can help. Through data analysis, this service introduces you to some business strategies or tools that you can use to improve sales.
SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS with Magento maintenance service.
As one of the leading e-commerce platforms, there are many choices for you to consider when it comes to Magento support services. Ranging from setting up a new store to enhancing the performance of the current business, there is always a solution to any problems you face while using Magento. With the right Magento support service, your business will see great improvement. Our final advice for anyone who is looking for a support service is: know what’s best for your business first and then find a service that’s well catered to those specific needs.