We all want to save time and do everything faster in today’s world. If you wish to change your Magento 2 Import Export Product with only one click, we are here to help.
In modern society, where each has a phone in our pocket and at least possesses a computer or two, online shopping is the norm, especially when the pandemic is exploding.
For eCommerce businesses, User experience is among the most crucial things if you want to boost your conversation rate and profit. So, why are you wasting your time on default Magento 2 and trying to import product attributes manually?
Let’s go deeper into the guideline on Magento 2 Product Import and Export Extension to make the right decision of whether or not you should purchase one. We will introduce you to an entire guideline on performing Magento 2 product import and export via a CSV file so that all of you can do it by yourself without depending on IT staff.
VISIT Magento 2 URL Rewrites to see how to import/ export and perfect your product URLs!
What Is A CSV File In Magento 2?
The only way to import Magento 2 products is via a CSV file. The file is so important that we all need to know about it.
Let’s look at the CSV file structure for Magento 2 product import. Below, you can find a detailed description of its columns.
- sku – a unique product identifier used as a key product attribute in the Magento 2 core. It is required for all products and should be unique for each. SKU can include digits and letters without spaces separated with underscores (_) and dashes (-).
- store_view_code – an associated store view code. The column can be empty if an associated store/website has a single sub-item.
- attribute_set_code – a product attribute set code. Create and configure an attribute set before importing products into Magento 2. It should look exactly the same as an attribute set name, including capital letters (e.g. “Default”, “Man shoes” etc.)
- update_attribute_set – defines if the product set should be updated for the product during the Magento 2 import export product.
- product_type – the type of an imported product. Use only lowercase letters (small, configurable etc.)
- categories – product categories in Magento 2 differ from ones utilized in Magento 1, where comma-separated category ids are used. In Magento 2, full names of assigned categories, including full path, are required. Besides, assigned categories should be separated by |. For instance, “Default Category/Gear|Default Category/Gear/Bags” means the product should be assigned to both Gear and Bags categories. The latest one is a subcategory of Gear.
- product_websites – an associated product website code. Use lowercase letters only (e.g. “base”).
- name – a product name.
- description – a product description.
- short_description – a short description of a product. Both, description and short description, could include valid HTML tags.
- weight – weight of a product. Requires using the following format 1.00000.
- product_online – enables or disables products. Use 1 or 0, respectively.
- tax_class_name – a product tax class. Allows using capital later and spaces, like in Magento 2 backend (e.g. “Taxable Goods”).
- visibility – visibility of a product (e.g. “Catalog, Search”, “Not Visible Individually” etc.).
- price – a price of a product (e.g. 34.000).
- special_price – a special price of a product (e.g. 34.000).
- special_price_from_date – the time when Magento starts using a special price instead of a default one (e.g. ‘2015-09-01 15:26:29’).
- special_price_to_date – the time when Magento stops using a special price (e.g. ‘2015-09-01 15:26:29’).
- url_key – an URL key of the product. In case of an empty field, a value is generated automatically based on a product name.
- meta_title – a meta title of a product.
- meta_keywords – product meta keywords
- meta_description – a product meta description
- base_image – the main product’s image and its path. Should be uploaded to /pub/media/import. The path of /sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg has the following structure: /pub/media/import/sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg. In addition, you can use a direct URL of an image, such as http://site.com/images/some_image.jpg.
- base_image_label – a label of a base product image.
- small_image – a name and a path related to a small product image. It should also be uploaded to /pub/media/import. The path of /sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg has the following structure: /pub/media/import/sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg. In addition, you can use a direct URL of an image, such as http://site.com/images/some_image.jpg.
- small_image_label – a label of a small product image.
- thumbnail_image – a name and a path related to a thumbnail product image. It should be uploaded to /pub/media/import as well. The path of /sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg has the following structure: /pub/media/import/sample_data/m/b/mb01-blue-0.jpg. In addition, you can use a direct URL of an image, such as http://site.com/images/some_image.jpg.
Above are some types of CSV files. You can find more information through a list of CSV file Structure.
The ultimate goal of every feature developed by Magento 2 solution providers is to make our clients’ lives easier and, as a result, to facilitate selling online.
Many merchants are seeking a tool jam-packed with features that are expressly designed to make managing your items a pleasure rather than a chore. Magento 2 Import Export product was created to handle almost any scenario while managing your online inventory.
Every store owners longing for a tool that can help them import/ export products friction-free.
Limitations Of Default Magento 2 Import Export Product
By default, the admin can process some significant actions more quickly and directly with Magento 2 Import And Export Product functions such as Advance Pricing, Products, Customers and Addresses (single file), Customer Main File, and Customer Addresses.
However, if you want to import/export a new product attribute, you will have to do it manually and one by one repeatedly. Therefore, this process often takes you a lot of both time and effort to complete.
Your business is very complex, and it always needs to add so many requirements. Default Magento 2 import export product is not enough for your store. If you want to use a new extension, don’t hesitate to check out our extension.
CHECK OUT Magento 2 Import Export Product Attributes extension and Magento 2 Import Export categories to better your work now!
For those reasons, here comes the guideline for configuring Magento 2 Import/Export Products Extension.
How to Set up the Magento 2 Import Export Product
Magento 2 Import Products
To make Magento 2 import products, navigate to Admin Dashboard ⇒ System ⇒ Data Transfer ⇒ Import.
In Import Settings: you choose Products in the drop-down list of Entity Types section. Then there are many other settings appearing for you to make configurations for Magento 2 import products.
Step 1: Prepare a CSV file including product data
As mentioned before, you can easily implement Magento 2 products import in bulk via a CSV file. Therefore, the very first thing you need to do is to prepare a standard CSV file with the necessary information about products. Default Magento 2 supports this issue by providing the sample file to download, which can help you follow available examples and avoid errors while filling in data.
You click “Download Sample Data” next to Entity Types section.
Download the sample CSV file to prepare for importing products Magento 2[/caption]
The CSV file will be saved on your computer. Let’s open the file and finish your product data in columns and rows of the file.
- For product data, including paths of product images, make sure that you have uploaded the image files to the appropriate location. The default location on the Magento server is pub/media/import.
- The size of the CSV file does not exceed 2M.
Step 2: Configure Magento Import Products Behaviors
In Import Behavior, there are 3 options for you to select depending on your purposes to import products in Magento:
- Add/ Update: Add new data to the existing product data for the current entries in the database and update all fields except for SKU. Moreover, new tax classes, new product categories, and new SKUs specified in the CSV file are also automatically created.
- Replace Existing Complex Data: Replace the existing data with the new ones. In case SKUs in the CSV file is similar to the SKU of the existing entity, all fields are deleted, and a new record is created using data in the import file.
- Delete Entities: Delete every entity in the CSV which already exists in the database.
Also, you can determine how the system will process when errors occur:
- Stop on Error: the system stops importing when there are errors.
- Skip error entries: the system skips errors and continues to import.
In Allowed Errors Count: This setting allows you to choose the maximum number of errors when importing products Magento 2. If the number of errors in the import process exceeds that maximum number you fill in this field, the system will stop importing.
In Field separators: fill in a character to separate fields. Magento accepts the default value of a comma.
In Multiple value separators: Magento also accepts the default value of a comma.
*Note: If you want to change into another character as a separator, make sure that it matches the one you use in the CSV file.
Step 3: Upload the Magento product import file
You click Choose File to select the wanted file of import products Magento 2 and upload it.
For Images File Directory section: It will be used if you have an import date, including paths of product images. Let’s choose one of the following options to enter into this field:
- The path to the uploaded images on the Magento server. For example: var/import.
- The full URL to the images is on another server.
Step 4: Check the import data
After you finish all of the above things, the last one you need to do is validate the Magento product import data by clicking Check Data button.
- If your CSV file is free from errors, there is a message to notify validation results, and the Import button now appears to click. You click the Import button to start Magento 2 product import in the CSV file into the websites.
- If your CSV file includes errors, the Import button cannot be displayed for you to click, and there is a notification about these problems.
Magento 2 Export Products with Attributes
Default Magento 2 allows you to export products with selected attributes by going System ⇒ Data Transfer ⇒ Export.
In Entity Types: you choose Products in the drop-down list.
You can see a grid table of product attributes in the Entity Attributes section. By default, the system will export all of these available attributes if you don’t perform more actions. However, you can exclude unnecessary attributes by ticking in boxes before them.
Then, click the Continue button, and as a result, you will export wanted attributes in a CSV file.
The Benefit Of Using Magento 2 Import Export Product Attributes
Import Export Product Attributes is a Magento 2 extension that allows administrators to swiftly import and export bulk product attributes using a CSV file.
Here is the list of why you should buy a Magento 2 Import Export Product Extension:
- Use a CSV file to load product attributes into Magento 2: The data for product attributes are included in the CSV file and added to Magento websites. In the backend’s grid table view (Stores -> Attributes -> Products), the admin can easily manage these product attributes.
- Allow users to obtain a sample CSV file and complete product attribute data: Administrators can also get a sample CSV from this Magento 2 product import plugin by default. All you need to do is provide information about product attributes. Then your product attributes are ready to be imported.
- Make sure your CSV’s file is valid: This file must be checked before executing Magento 2 product import to ensure validity. Only when this file is perfect and free of problems will the Import button appear, along with a message regarding the validation findings. To Magento 2 websites, the admin may simply import product attributes. If there are issues, users are notified with messages, and the CSV file cannot be imported.
- Export all product attributes or each product attribute set of Magento 2 sites with a single click: By selecting them from the drop-down list, the administrator might export every attribute or each attribute set. Clicking the Contributes button will get a CSV file including specified product attributes.
Do all the below reasons make you feel satisfied with our extension? Let’s go further and INSTALL our Magento 2 Import Export Products Extension now!
TRY NOW >>> Magento 2 Import Export Product Attributes to faster your process!
This is the complete guideline for Magento 2 product import and export. Moreover, to quickly import and export product attributes into Magento 2 websites, we can try other Magento 2 Import Export extensions you may take more concerns for your websites:
- Magento 2 Import Export Product Reviews Extension
- Magento 2 Import Export URL Rewrites Extension
- Magento 2 Import Export Wishlist Item Extension
- Magento 2 Import Export Categories Extension
- Magento 2 Import Export CMS Page Extension
In brief, this useful pocket handbook has covered all you need to know regarding Magento 2 Import Export product, and you can utilize it to make a smart decision in optimizing your store’s checkout process.
If you still have any questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime.
BSS Commerce is one of the leading Multi-platform eCommerce solutions and web development services providers in the world. With experienced and certified developers, we commit to bringing high-quality products and services to optimize your business effectively.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.
I am quite passionate about Ecommerce and Technology, love sharing helpful information about Marketing, SEO, and business management for global readers. I feel like traveling to new destinations for the cultural experience and beautiful sightseeings.