For a good preparation to update to the new version of one of the biggest eCommerce platforms – Magento 2.4.4, all necessary information will be provided clearly in this blog. Read Now!
Don’t miss the opportunity to try the Latest Version of Magento 2 Demo Free With Sample Data!
Magento 2.4.4 – Release Schedule
Adobe is ready for Magento 2.4.4 release. According to the schedule, this version will be released on March 8, 2022, but it was postponed. Following the latest notification from Adobe, the Magento 2.4.4 release’s beta testing period has been completed, and it will be released to the general public on April 12, 2022.
Check the detailed release schedule below:
|Release||Versions||Adobe Commerce Beta||Adobe Commerce Pre-release||Adobe Commerce & Magento Open Source
Feature + Patch release + Security patch release
|October 2021 and ongoing||March 29, 2022||April 12, 2022|
|—||—||—||April 26, 2022|
|—||—||—||June 21, 2022|
Feature + patch release + security patch release
|—||July 26, 2022||August 9, 2022|
Feature + security patch release
|2.4.5-p12||—||September 27, 2022||October 11, 2022|
3 release types of Magento 2.4.4:
- Patch releases: update security, compliance, performance, and high-priority quality adjustments to the core Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source applications.
- Security patch releases: Security-only upgrades to Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source to keep merchants safe and compliant.
- Feature releases: Separate from patch releases, feature releases bring new features and feature updates as stand-alone services. Services like Product Recommendations and Live Search, independent modules such as PWA Studio and Inventory Management (MSI), and improvements to our cloud services and infrastructure are just a few examples.
Interested in Magento but still have no idea of what to do first? Ready to grow your new store and quickly boost sales with our experts at eCommerce Platform ProFitting event!
Release Highlight Of Magento Version 2.4.4
According to the release schedule above, stores using Adobe Commerce are ready with the Magento 2.4.4 beta by joining the Adobe Commerce Beta program. However, the beta editions of new Magento versions are not available for Magento Open Source stores. Hence, they will have to wait until the general release.
Are you curious about what’s new in Magento version 2.4.4? Is that enough for you to decide to upgrade your recent version?
In this release time, Magento 2.4.4 pre-release will provide merchants with the highlight features:
- Magento project libraries and dependencies are compatible with PHP 8.1.
- Support for TinyMCE 5.
- Removal of all Vendor-bundled extensions (except Braintree).
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 compatibility with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Retrieve category information using GraphQL query for a scheduled category update.
- Support for the user’s timezone in the timestamp of the export filename.
- Optimized page builder table fonts and positioning.
- Improved module list load execution time.
- Fixed price sorting issues for products prices equal to or close to zero.
- Admin can test and verify custom date attribute formats for storefront and admin.
- Display related products, up-sell products and cross-sell products according to their position in the admin.
Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes
Here you can check the specific release notes of both Magento Open Source and Adobe Commerce. Magento 2.4.4 will provide a number of significant bug fixes and performance improvements.
In this section, we will show you Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 release notes first. And Magento Open Source 2.4.4 has the same one.
About performance improvements of Magento 2.4.4
One security fix and platform security improvements are included in this release. Adobe Commerce 2.4.3-p2 and Adobe Commerce 2.3.7-p3 have both been updated with this vulnerability fix.
- Email variables were deprecated in version 2.3.4 as a security risk mitigation measure in favor of a more rigorous variable syntax. As part of that security risk mitigation, the old behavior has been completely removed in this release.
- API Bearer token authentication no longer accepts integration tokens.
- The database no longer stores session IDs.
- The database now encrypts OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens.
- To prevent non-alpha-numeric file extensions from being uploaded, validation has been improved.
- Coupon codes now have reCAPTCHA functionality.
- When Adobe Commerce is in production, Swagger is now deactivated by default.
- For the Adobe Commerce storefront, HTTPS is now enabled by default. All built-in cookies are now set to secure, and the Use Secure URLs on Storefront and Use Secure URLs in Admin options are enabled by default.
- All Adobe Commerce installations now require the dependency confusion plugin.
- On a per-endpoint basis, developers can now set the maximum size of arrays permitted by Adobe Commerce RESTful endpoints.
- Added system-wide capabilities for limiting the amount and number of resources a user can access through a web API, as well as setting defaults for specific modules. This resolves the issue addressed by < MC-43048__set_rate_limits__2.4.3.patch.
PHP 8.1 is now supported in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4. For compatibility with PHP 8.1, all project libraries and dependencies have been updated.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 provides support for Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- The JQuery library has been upgraded to version 3.6. The jquery-ui library has been upgraded to version 1.13.0.
- Support for TinyMCE 5.8.1 and remove TinyMCE 4 from the codebase.
- The RequireJS library has been upgraded to the latest version (v2.3.6).
Performance and scalability enhancements
High-throughput order processing and message queue optimization are aided by Adobe Commerce performance improvements. This release’s asynchronous orders capability allows for the production of 60,000 orders per hour.
- The AsyncOrder feature is enabled.
- When adding a product into the cart, the new Enable Inventory Check On Cart Load configuration option allows you to toggle between inventory checks.
- The new multiple_processes configuration option supports running parallel consumers in multiple processes.
- Increase the memory limit set by max_input_vars in the php.ini file to support input variable volume for cart operations.
- Optimization of sales rules processing by postponing total computation during checkout.
- Complete GraphQL coverage for negotiable quotes.
- New mutations
- The collectQuoteTotals() method is now called only once during a GraphQL request, which reduces response time.
- The storeConfig query now returns the configuration settings for the Zero Subtotal Checkout and Check/Money Order payment methods.
- The webonyx library, which enables core GraphQL to function, has been upgraded to version ^14.9.
- Fixed translation issues in GraphQL with multi-site and multi-language stores.
- GraphQL now provides New Relic with descriptive transaction names.
The detailed B2B release notes are noted on this page.
All vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from the Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 codebase, with the exception of Braintree.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 is compatible with PWA Studio v.12.3.0. It contains reCaptcha support, content optimization in Page Builder, and tailored content.
PayPal Payment enhancements
- Support the Venmo payment.
- Pay Later has been added as a payment option for shoppers depending on their location rather than the merchants.
- Merchants can now set the shopper country when testing the shopper experience in their country of choice.
- When selecting Pay Later, the messaging on the checkout page now accurately reflects how much and in how many increments the consumer is expected to pay.
- Tooltip links with text and accurate, task-focused, visible labels for inputs
- Edit buttons now have unique text.
- Admin buttons now have unique, accessible, and descriptive purpose in adherence to AA standards
- Icon images that convey meaning now provide a textual alternative.
- Enhanced contrast in Admin buttons and form fields to a contrast ratio of at least 3:1 with adjacent colors.
To improve content accessibility, merchants can now add alternative text (alt_text) to images (Image, Banner, Slide).
About fix issues for Magento 2.4.4
As usual with previous updated Magento versions, this release also fixes hundreds of issues. Check again what are fixed in the below grid:
|Installation, upgrade, deployment||Catalog||General fixes|
|Accessibility||Catalog rule||Gift cards|
|Bundle products||Customer Segment||Import/export|
|Cart and checkout||Frameworks||Infrastructure|
|Invoice||Logging||Adobe Commerce coding standard|
|ProductAlert||Product video||Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA)|
|Theme||Translations and locales||UI|
|URL rewrites||Web API framework||Wish list|
If you want to see the specific change in the new Magento version, read here!
All up-to-date information on the latest Magento version – Magento 2.4.4 is specifically provided in this blog. We will continue to add new and intriguing information for you to catch the news. Therefore, you should bookmark the post or subscribe to the RSS feed above to remain up to date on the latest Magento versions, features, tips, and trends.
Let’s look at this excellent post to learn everything there is to know about Magento >> Magento 2 Tutorial for Developers & Merchants.
BSS Commerce is one of the leading Multi-platform eCommerce solution and web development services providers in the world. With experienced and certified developers, we commit to bring high-quality products and services to optimize your business effectively.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.