Magento 2 was launched in 2015 and developers and related people have to spend more than 3 years doing research, studying as well as gaining more experience in working with the new Magento 2 system.
It was not until March 2018 that the first Magento 2 certification exam called Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer was available for every developer to take part in and get certificates.
At the moment, Magento has launched 7 kinds of Magento 2 certificates for both developers and Magento experts (Magento U certification) to test their own knowledge and skills.
What is Magento 2 Certification Exam?
Magento 2 certification exams are designed to help validate skills and knowledge after a specific time dealing with Magento 2.
By passing this exam, developers and experts not only prove their qualifications, get more opportunities in career but also grow the number of customers because these precious certificates play important roles in building more customer trust in works.
Kinds of Magento 2 Certification Exams
- Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist: indicates a thorough understanding of making advantages of Magento 2 functionality to benefit the business. Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialists are able to effectively align business objectives with Magento 2 functionality, optimize available features, and avoid customizing unnecessarily.
Unlike other exams particularly designed for developers, participants of this exam are not limited. Whether you are a merchant, manager, consultant, analyst, or developer, you are allowed to join and get the certificates.
READ MORE this article to know how to pass this Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam.
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer indicates a thorough understanding of customizing the source code of Magento 2 along with practice. Developers will be evaluated about essential skills and knowledge to customize Magento 2 in terms of UI modifications, database changes, admin modifications, checkout process customizations, order management integrations and customizations, catalog structure, and functionality changes.
- Magento 2 Certified Associate Developer is specially designed for beginner developers to validate their skills and knowledge in the variety of fundamental Magento 2 areas.
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Front End Developer is the exam to evaluate the necessary skills and knowledge of developers in terms of Magento 2 theming components as well as user interface modification along with practice.
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Cloud Developer: This exam tests your knowledge and skills required to test, troubleshoot, and operate Magento Commerce Cloud environments. You will also need to prove your ability to leverage Cloud features to enhance it’s operating and performance.
- Magento 2 Certified Order Management Developer: The exam is scenario-based, and designed to validate the skills and understanding to successfully deploy Magento Order Management with the main focus is still on leveraging the Magento Commerce Connect. Also, the developer who takes the exam to get this certification needs to demonstrate their skills when working with all the integration data between Magento Order Management and third-party tools, such as ERPs, payment gateways and shipping providers using the Magento Order Management API, etc. Therefore, they have to have deep knowledge on Magento Commerce as well as API-based integration.
Let’s take a look at the following infographic to get more details about Magento 2 certification belonging to Magento U certification also:
How to Register Magento 2 Certification Exams
By navigating to the list of exams, you choose the wanted exam and complete checkout to purchase the exam voucher. Depending on each exam, Magento 2 certification costs are different, and often range from $195 to $295.
Then, you will get a voucher code via your email or you can obtain it in the My Product and Services section of the Account page.
On the detailed page of each certification exam, you click “Find a Testing Center and register for Exam” button and are redirected to the Webassessor page where you can Register for a new examination.
There are 2 options for you to choose how to take the exam: Onsite (take the exam at the certification center) or Online.
Select one option (Online, for example), then choose suitable dates and times (please be careful with timezones) and then enter the voucher code. A confirmation email will be sent to you along with more details as well as requirements.
How to Prepare Magento 2 Certification Exams
Magento 2 certification study guide
It is quite advantageous because Magento U does always provide developers and others with FREE study guides for each exam. You can easily find out these documents on each detailed information of Magento 2 certification exams.
By downloading useful study guides, you know what to learn, revise and practice to achieve good scores and qualify for decent certificates.
For example, a study guide for the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developers exam downloaded from Magento U certification system provides some following information:
- Topics are included in the exam and revision questions related to each topic.
- The percentage of topics are covered in the exam.
+ Magento Architecture & Customization Techniques (18%)
+ Request Flow Processing (12%)
+ Customizing the Magento UI (10%)
+ Working with Databases in Magento (7%)
+ Using the Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) Model (8%)
+ Developing with Adminhtml (10%)
+ Customizing the Catalog (12%)
+ Customizing the Checkout Process (13%)
+ Sales Operations (5%)
+ Customer Management (5%)
- Answer key and more explanation
DOWNLOAD Magento 2 certification study Guide for exams.
Magento U certification system also suggests developers getting involved in some paid training courses to prepare for the exam. There are some specific courses designed for each Magento 2 certification exam as below:
|M2 Certified Associate Developer||M2 Development Essentials (5-day Instructor-Led classroom) Perfect for those starting their developer career with Magento 2|
|M2 Certified Professional Developer||M2 Certified Developer Study Group (10 weeks, 2 hours per week – Instructor-Led on-line) Ideal for those moving from M1 to M2|
|M2 Certified Professional Front End Developer||Core Principles for Theming in Magento 2 .Courseware to help you modify or customize your Magento websites|
|M2 Certified Solution Specialist||Managing Your Magento 2 Store This great course is geared for Merchants/Marketers and Business Analysts!|
Furthermore, you can absolutely experience more training courses launched by Magento, from the beginning level to the advanced one. There are paid courses and even some FREE ones for the purpose of providing additional useful knowledge for everyone. Checkout out these training courses HERE.
It is of course that Magento blogs are always beneficial for all developers over the world. Technical Magento blogs such as Inchoo, StackExchange, Stackoverflow are must-have resources to visit and find out useful knowledge.
Furthermore, since the first certification exam was launched at the beginning of March 2018, there are a lot of developers, merchants, experts and so on achieving their own certificates until now. Therefore, a variety of blogs are created to give more instructions or pieces of advice on how to pass Magento 2 certification exams.
Hence, searching for these blogs is quite easy and simple with some clicks on search engines. You can collect plenty of useful information, experience, and even some tips to overcome questions and get the final results.
Magento 2 Certification Directory
After passing Magento 2 certification exams, your name is listed in the directory and people can easily seek your name as well as other Magento 2 certified developer lists with some filters.
It is better for every developer and expert to complete Magento 2 certification exams and prove their own skills and experience after a specific period of time working with Magento.
As mentioned from the beginning of this article, certificates are very beneficial for work, career, and even future opportunities in the Magento area. Hence, achieving a Magento U certification benefits so much for your future career and your business.