Hide Price for Magento 2 extension has just been newly released but has received many questions from customers and followers. Here is a list of frequently asked questions of the extension.
1. Are Hide Price extension and Hide Price Call For Price extension the same?
No. Hide Price for Magento 2 is developed as the standard version of Hide Price Call For Price extension because it only focuses on function hide price not combining both hide price and calls for price function, so they are not the same.
2. Does Hide Price extension have any difference from Hide Price Call For Price extension?
Yes. Hide Price extension allows admin to disable Add to Cart button and price separately while Hide Price/Call For Price extension only hide both prices and Add to Cart button at the same time.
Besides, the Hide Price extension supports using custom URL while Hide Price/Call For Price extension only applies the custom message.
3. Can I hide price for not-logged-in visitors?
Yes. You can enable hide price for NOT LOGGED IN customer group and set a custom message as “Log in to see price” with custom URL link to Customer Login Page. See DEMO.
4. Can I show price for wholesaler and hide price for all the other customer groups?
Yes. In Global Config, choose the desire Hide Price action, and apply for NOT LOGGED IN, General and Retailer customer group, and set the Hide Price message as “Price only available for wholesalers.” The product price will only be displayed for the customer with the wholesale account.
5. Can the extension hide Add to Cart button but still show the price?
Yes. Hide Price extension supports both actions of hiding price and Add to Cart button at the same time and hiding price and Add to Cart button separately. So it is easy to show price and disable Add to Cart button. Check DEMO.
6. How can I show a custom URL when disable Add to Cart button?
Please go to Product Edit Page => Hide Price tab => set Hide Price action (Hide Price and Add to Cart button or Show Price and Hide Add to Cart button) => enter Hide Price message and apply for customer group => set Hide Price URL.
Make sure the URL is a full link, for example, http://demom2.bsscommerce.com/magento2-hide-price/customer/account/login/ to redirect the customer to Login page.
7. Is the extension able to hide price for some products only?
Sure. In each Product Config, there is an additional tab named Hide Price; you can choose hide price action, set message, apply for customer groups and enter custom URL.
8. If a product belongs to 2 categories, but only one category is set with hiding price config, will that product’s price be hidden or not?
Hide price action is still applied to that product so the product’s price will always be hidden in that case.
9. Can the extension hide price for a whole category?
Yes. Go to Stores => Configuration => BSSCommerce => Hide Price => General Config => choose category in Apply for Categories.
10. Is it possible to hide price for a category but still enable price and Add to Cart button for some products in that category?
Yes. You just need to apply hide price in Global Config and disable hide price for the selected product in Product Config (Product Edit Page => Hide Price Action => choose “Disable”).
11. I notice that there are 2 levels: product config and global config. Which one is more prioritized?
The extension applies to hide price function for both Product Config and Global Config, but the Product Config has higher priority.
For example: If a product is set with hiding price action A in Product Config and the category with that product is set with hiding price action B in Global Config, then that product will follow action A.
All the questions above are summarized in the following infographic: