To continue the previous blog on how to manage customers and customer group in Magento 2, this article will introduce the Magento 2 customer configuration, in which we will explain Magento customer account options in a brief and comprehensive way.
All About Magento 2 Customer Account Settings
To get started, please navigate to Store > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration.
1. Online Customers Options
Online Minutes Interval: the period that customer’s online activity is accessible from the backend admin.
2. Account Sharing Options
Share Customer Accounts:
- Global: Magento customer account information is shared with all websites and stores.
- Per Website: Magento customer account information is restricted to the website that account was created.
3. Create New Account Options
GRAB the FREE Magento 2 Social Login extension to make Magento customer account creation even more quickly.
- Enable Automatic Assignment to Customer Group: Choose Yes to automatically assign a customer to a particular customer group in Magento 2.
- Default Group: Pick up one available customer group. For example: if you choose the General group, any newly created account will be allocated to a General customer group.
- Default Value for Disable Automatic Group Changes Based on VAT ID: If choose Yes, automatic change of customer group in Magento 2 store based on VAT ID will be enabled by default.
- Show VAT Number on Storefront: If you choose Yes, customers see the VAT number in the frontend.
- Config to set up mail when creating a new account:
- Default Email Domain: Specify the default email domain.
- Default Welcome Email: Specify the email template for a welcome email.
- Default Welcome Email Without Password: Specify the email template of welcome email for new customer accounts that are created by admin and don’t have an assigned password yet.
- Email Sender: Specify the store contact for sending a welcome email.
- Require Emails Confirmation: Choose Yes to require customer confirmation when creating an account.
- Confirmation Link Email: Specify the email template for a confirmation email.
- Welcome Email: Specify the email template for the welcome email after the account is confirmed.
- Generate Human-Friendly Customer ID: Choose Yes to create a human-friendly Magento 2 customer ID.
4. Password Options
- Password Reset Protection Type: Decide the method to reset a customer password. If choose None, the password can be reset only by the store administrator.
- Max Number of Password Reset Requests: Limits the number of passwords reset requests per hour. For unlimited requests, enter 0.
- Min Time Between Password Reset Requests: Limit time between password reset requests. For no delay enter 0.
- Config to set up an email template:
- Forgot Email Template: Specify the email template when a Magento 2 customer forgot the password.
- Remind Email Template: Specify the email template when the customer receives a password reminder/hint.
- Reset Password Template: Specify the email template when customer reset the password.
- Password Template Email Sender: Choose the store contact as the sender for password-related emails.
- Another config to set up a password reset for the customer:
+ Recovery Link Expiration Period (hours)
+ Number of Required Character Classes
+ Maximum Login Failures to Lockout Account
+ Minimum Password Length
+ Lockout Time (minutes)
5. Name and Address Options
- Number of Lines in a Street Address: If the field is blank, the default street address of two lines is used.
- Config to set up name fields for the customer:
- Show Prefix
- Prefix Dropdown Options
- Show Middle Name (initial)
- Show Suffix
- Suffix Dropdown Options
- Another config to decide which fields to be included in Name and Address Form:
- Show Date of Birth
- Show Tax/VAT Number
- Show Gender
6. Login Options
Do you want to create an additional login form, for B2B – for instance? Then, CHECK NOW Magento 2 B2B Registration extension.
Choose Yes to redirect the customer to Account Dashboard after logging in.
7. Address Templates
- Text: The template is used for all addresses that are printed.
- Text One Line: The template is used for the order of address entities in the customer’s shopping cart address book list. Progress during checkout.
- HTML: the template is used for the order of address fields located under the Customer Addresses area in the Admin panel (Customers > Manage Customers) and those located on the Add New Address page when a customer creates a new billing or shipping address on his or her account page.
- PDF: The template is used for the display of billing and shipping addresses in the printed invoices, shipments, and credit memos.
Choose Yes to enable Captcha for avoiding spam accounts.
Hope you can find this article helpful. Please stay tuned for more blogs on set-up for customer and customer group in Magento 2.
Also, check more useful extensions on BSS Commerce to improve customer experience and management.
About BSS Commerce:
We are one of the leading Magento extension providers and web development services in the world. With experienced and certified Magento developers, we commit to bring high-quality products and services to optimize our business effectively. Let us know about your problems. We are willing to support you every time.