Valentine’s Day is regarded as one of the largest spending holidays after winter shopping season. This major event is what sellers don’t want to miss out, so what have you prepared to make the most of it?
This article will provide you with 7 basic steps to plan Valentine promotion and more importantly, some recommended extensions to implement it.
Step 1: Website Decor
This is the quickest way to inform visitors that there will be promoted soon. Lovely dovey theme, animation, color, and banner are great ideas to give your customer expectation on the up-coming promotion.
Step 2: Discount Types
You need to decide and set discounts carefully because discount strategies are various and have certain effects on customers’ behavior. For example, you can set a discount 15% for all items on the store, set special price for selected items, or offer a discounted price if ordering more than $80.
Your website may not be simple with just one store view. This can be a real headache for you to run different promotion programs for each store view because Magento default does not support this function. Handle this issue at ease with Multiple Store View Pricing and Shopping Cart Rules per Store View or have this amazing combo with 20% OFF.
Step 3: Social Media Post
Social channels are an important marketing tool to keep communication with customers, so it is crucial to update these channels with information, articles, and news on Valentine promotion. Engaging customers with fun mini-games, giveaway gifts and attracting new visitors to the site with special events are also great tactics to try.
Step 4: Email Marketing
Make sure that you schedule email to announce sale for your potential customers, and remember to choose subject line carefully because it is the first thing and the last thing that the recipients read before marking the email as spam.
Step 5: Valentine Blog
Start blogging in advance and be sure to expand the topic and content that is helpful for readers, especially the how-to and tip blogs. For example tips to decorate your store for Valentine’s Day, how to prepare your site for Valentine…
Step 6: Payment Options
Online ordering is all about user experience. Your customers are busy and do not have time to choose between a ton of payment options that they may not need or cannot use. Shipping and Payment for Customer Group extension speed up payment process by assigning payment methods for each customer group.
Step 7: Quick Delivery Service
Promotions may draw new customers to your site, but it is even more important to turn first-time visitors to loyal customers. Good delivery service is what keeps customers coming back for repeat purchases.
Unfortunately, the default checkout process does not allow customers to specify time and date to receive an order. Choose a delivery date and do more than that with Order Delivery Date extension!
Here is the full extension list to implement your site for Valentine promotion:
- Multiple Store View Pricing: set different prices (special prices, group price, tier price) same product in each store view.
- Shopping Cart Rules per Store View: set different shopping cart price rules for each store view.
- Add Multiple Products to Cart: add multiple products to cart at once on category pages.
- Shipping and Payment per Customer Group: specify shipping and payment methods for each customer group.
- Order Delivery Date: choose date and time for order delivery.
- Shipping Rate per Product: allows specific shipping rates for types of products.
- Percentage Tier Price: set up tier price in a fixed amount or percentage.
- Shipping Method for Category: create new shipping method and apply it for selected categories.
- Customer Group without Tax: control which customer groups to apply or not to apply tax policy.
*SPECIAL OFFER FOR VALENTINE 2017
From 8 to 14 February, you can purchase all the above extension with a 14% discount. Limited offer starts tomorrow!