If you have a quick look at our recent post “10 Biggest Reasons Why You Should Choose Magento”, then you must be ready to begin your business with Magento. Our professional advice for you is to hire Magento 2 developers, even you have an excellent command of technology, not to mention, you are a Magento 2 amateur. Ask them to do complicated work and improve your site performance.
Ways to Choose The Most Suitable Magento 2 Developers on Your Limited Budget
Working with the skilled Magento 2 developers is such an idea, yet, the large budget gets on your nerves. As noted in the article ” How much does Magento 2 cost “, the cost for web development ranges high from $15 per hour up to $250,000 based on what you require and which service you take (freelancer or web agency)
We know your concern. Here, we provide you with 4 questions to get the right Magento 2 developers without spending much. Let’s get started!
1. What are your goals on choosing Magento 2 developers?
The very first step of any project is to define a framework about which tasks Magento 2 developers are employed for. The more transparent it is, the more comfortable you find the best one.
- Parts of your sites you hope developers to help you
With a set of various skills on designing and coding, Magento 2 developers can be hired to do a wide range of jobs such as new design, redesign, frontend features, backend functionalities, website maintenance or upgrade, etc. To get the right developers, you need to create a brief job description clarifying what you expect them to complete.
You should know which part of default Magento is good enough and which to add more value. Learn here: “Everything You Need to Know about Magento.”
- A budget for hiring Magento 2 developers
Without a financial plan, the cost might go beyond and hurt your profit. However, hiring cheap while expecting a super talented developer seems unrealistic. Be considerate to compare the up-front cost and long-run value. If it is worth investing, don’t be so tight.
Our advice is to search for Magento 2 developer hiring posts that have similar requirements, go through their budget and set up yours. If the task is massive, you can set up and divide your budgets into several parts. Also, you can estimate the budget at an hourly rate when working with freelancers.
- A clear deadline for your projects
You must clarify your expected deadline met by Magento 2 developers. The deadline depends on various factors: the complex of the task, your budget, what extent of professional Magento 2 developers is, and so on. Frequently, the website development project is prolonged due to unforeseen factors or additional needs. Hence, you should set an earlier due date.
If you are in a hurry, for example, to launch your new stores, hire professional Magento 2 developers to ensure your plan goes smoothly with little out-stretch.
2. Where should you pick Magento 2 developers from, Domestic or International?
It is true that there is no need to meet Magento 2 developers physically, every task can be discussed online. As a result, many merchants undervalue the location when hiring developers. Now, you need to pay more attention since this factor will affect interpersonal communication and the cost.
- Firstly, communication is the lifeline of any Magento 2 development projects. To meet all of your requirements, the developers need to understand what you ask them to do. It doesn’t mean you need to contact domestic developers who have your same first language. You can outsource for international developers as long as their foreign languages; usually English; is good enough.
- What’s more, the location of Magento 2 developers is an important component of the total hiring cost. For example, in Vietnam, the labor cost is very competitive compared to countries in the EU or the U.S.A, the home to many good Magento development companies. Vietnamese Magento 2 developers hourly rate just varies from $10 to $20 – very cheap, isn’t it?
In brief, you can consider hiring Magento 2 developers in Asia (Vietnam, India, Singapore, etc.) to reduce your cost, yet ensure the excellent. You can contact BSSCommerce – Magento Development Company in Vietnam for more details.
3. Does Cheap Cost Mean Low Quality?
The low service price doesn’t always mean lousy quality. As can be seen above, with the same job, hiring Magento 2 developers in Vietnam is definitely cheaper than hiring an American because of the difference in labor cost. However, if it is unreasonably cheap, you must think twice. Or else, you might pay double to hire professionals to fix the half-hearted work by the earlier low-paid programmer.
If you find a Magento 2 developer who is good in the budget. Let’s check whether he is trustworthy, using the tips as below:
- Search for several possible solutions to your problems first: It is essential to know something about your headache before finding the cure. There are many chances that other people have gotten into similar issues and know effective solutions.
- Read Magento developers’ portfolio, customer review, and testimonial: When you find the potential candidates, remember to check others’ experience. It will partly help you figure out whether Magento 2 developers have done good jobs.
- Ask several questions: Present your problems and requirements in a clear way. Check the answer. Whether it is comprehensive and reasonable (based on your previous search). A good Magento 2 developers will take time to explain your issues and offer you several ways to fix. Also, you can ask them more about their skills and work experience.
- Test ideal developers with a small project: You may have to pay the extra cost. Nevertheless, a non-critical task is helpful to observe that Magento 2 developer in action. Evaluate how effective the candidate is, including interpersonal communication, time spent, the result, and more.
4. Which to Choose: Freelance Magento 2 Developers vs. Agency?
The answer is based on the scope of work Magento 2 developers are hired for, the money and time you plan to spend, quality guarantee, support capability, etc.
- The scope of your projects
If your project is small and specialized in specific fields: SEO, checkout, theme, etc., consider hiring one or two freelance developers for cost-effectiveness. Freelance Magento 2 developers often have focused skills and sell what they do best. Hence, you can get the products quickly.
In case, you get involved in a long-term project, you must gather multiple freelancers. That time how to collaborate them in a team and manage them is such a challenge. Hence, we strongly recommend hiring a Magento 2 developer agency instead. With an experienced and high tech-savvy team working together on various projects, the company can shape up and accomplish the work professionally.
- The money spent and time expected
Obviously, hiring an entire team is far more expensive than hiring an individual one. However, one freelancer often handles with many projects at one time, which is a workload. Under the rush of time, he may fail to complete your task on time or finish it with less satisfying results. That time, you even need to hire other Magento 2 developers to clean up the unexpected bugs. More time and money are required.
About Magento 2 development agency, they often include various certified developers with a set of skills and experiences. As a result, the agency can easily group in a team and get the problem solved quickly.
- Quality guarantee and ongoing maintenance & support
As noted, a freelancer can be experienced and skilled. He can perform an excellent job and make you totally satisfied. Nevertheless, one day you ask for a revision of the previous work and realize that he has already dropped off the face of the earth. Sound tough but frequent!
The relationship between online merchants and freelancers is often short-term. Since the salary of the freelancer is hourly, once he completes your tasks, he turns to another. Hardly does he repeat the work for revision or upgrade. That time, hiring another means going through the project once again!
In contrast, working with an agency often involves a written contract, in which the company must ensure service quality, along with future support within a specific period. What’s more, you can build a long-term relationship with that agency for future projects. Since they have an overall of your business, they can quickly detect which pieces of your business need to improve and how to perform it without conflicts. Great help!
Where to find Magento 2 developers?
From all the above, you have your own decision on choosing freelancers or development agencies, don’t you? The question coming across now is where to access one. Feel free to consider the following resources.
The right places to hunt for super talented Magento 2 developers from all over the world are Magento 2 communities. Post the job descriptions, your requirements (location, price, part-time, or full time, etc.), browser the potential candidates using the pro tips mentioned above, and hire them to work for your success.
- Commerce Hero: Home to hundreds of Magento developers (heroes) who are available to work for your business.
- UpWork: Another place to search for the top talent freelancers from Magento 2 developers, editors, designers, etc.
- Stack Overflow – Jobs: Not only post any concerns about Magento technical issue, but you can also find freelance developers there.
- Github – Jobs: You can post a listing of job requirement and evaluate the ideal candidates in a breeze. However, it will cost you $450.00 per listing.
- Freelancer: Millions of freelance Magento 2 developers are ready to turn your ideas into reality.
Though hiring a Magento 2 development agency might cost you much at first, you can expect the significant profits earned by the high-quality functionalities and premium support. We are pleased to provide you with several channels to get you easily accessed the best Magento 2 developer team.
- Magento Partner: Browser Magento partners (solution & technology) and pick your most suitable agency.
- Magento Insider: Get supported for small Magento 2 development projects from the certified team.
- Community Hero: Easily sort to Magento 2 developer agencies by ranking, location, partner type, etc.
At BSSCommerce, our best team of passionate Magento Certified Developers are willing to be your supportive hand with innovative extensions and website development projects. Feel free to share any concern about website improvement via firstname.lastname@example.org
P/S: Building Magento 2 website is far from easy, however, don’t rely every work on Magento developers. There are many simple tasks you can do yourself to minimize the cost by referring to here: “Everything You Need to Know about Magento.”