Whether you offer products to B2B or B2C customers, you are no stranger to the Magento 2 configurable product. It’s almost present at any Magento store to assist the owner in displaying and managing products in the most simple and professional way.
However, the fact is, some businesses are still struggling to exploit all advantages of this product for consistent operation.
May you simply think that creating a configurable product and showing it on the page is enough? Totally wrong! The customer experience requires a lot of complicated things more than you imagine.
Recognizing the difficulties our clients have to encounter, in this article, we’re going to suggest the hottest tips to optimize your Magento configurable product page, which will bring comprehensive management and blooming conversion rate.
Are you ready to follow our lead? Let’s get started!
ABSORB another article about >> Magento 2 configurable product << NOW to comprehend how to create this product type.
Elements of a Product Page
Before jumping to the main point, you should know clearly about a Magento product page so you can take full advantage of its components. In general, not only Magento but ecommerce also includes 4 major elements.
Obviously, your product always needs the greatest care. However, if you don’t arrange the product appropriately, chances are this primary focus becomes overshadowed.
In particular, configurable products in Magneto 2 require a smart layout because it includes many types of colors and sizes. It’s essential to consider strictly aesthetics when presenting child products.
If you don’t want to be overtaken by hundreds of formidable competitors in the market, then a unique brand voice is compulsory. Branding needs to appear anywhere on the website, even on the product page.
That way, you can instill in your customers a strong awareness of your identity. From there, they’ll remember you and return next time.
The third element of a product page is about website design because customers are often attracted to what looks beautiful and friendly.
You cannot sell products without any description. The content style should harmonize with your design to create a chorus that goes into people’s hearts.
For example, if your product page has bold and dark colors, it will be ridiculous if you use a cute, bright writing style.
Don’t ignore these combinations! It can make your product page more sophisticated and attractive, thus helping your conversion rate soar.
It’s not too complicated, is it? Then, if you have gained confidence with your Magento 2 configurable product knowledge, let’s glide down and discover more!
Golden Rules to Build an Enriched Magento 2 Product Page
An appealing product page is one of the determinants to create extraordinary customer experiences. Without a product page, you won’t be able to display configurable products clearly and conveniently.
Therefore, your investment in this land will increase the conversion rate from online viewers to shoppers. Below are some well-known rules when you plan to optimize your Magento configurable product page, divided into 4 main groups.
- The configurable product must be displayed in large, clean, and clear images.
- Customers can zoom in to view photos at a larger size.
- The image must reflect the options of customers. For example, when a customer changes a product color, the image must describe that color. This is a must for the main image.
- You should show products from any angle and, if possible, display 360-degree images.
- Set photos in real-life contexts – especially artwork showing product dimensions.
- Give buyers all the necessary information.
- Exclude lengthy text.
- Clearly state the In Stock & Out of Stock.
- Clarify free shipping or shipping costs. The number one reason the abandoned cart happens is that they are surprised by the final cost, (due to the addition of shipping costs).
READ MORE ABOUT Magento 2 abandoned cart solution to minimize this rate.
- For clothes and shoes, provide a special size chart.
- Product preview: If available, show it to the buyer! Potential buyers often rely on reviews to make purchasing decisions.
Note: If there are no reviews, leave it behind.
- Give customers the option to add products to Wishlist.
- Provide icons that allow shoppers to share your product via social media.
Price and Cart Rules
- Prices must always be clearly present next to the product – don’t make it smaller in font size. Transparency is the key.
- Highlight discounts, clearly show the percentage that customers save after-sales.
- Help customers easily select the product attributes they want: color, size, etc.
- Ensure clear product communication when shoppers select an attribute.
- Make it easy for buyers to add to their shopping carts.
- Clearly notify that the product has been added to the cart.
- Provide Checkout and Continue Shopping steps as options for the next step easily.
Upsell & Cross-sell Rules
- Seize the opportunity to upsell. Think about the options for your product. For example, can customers buy a larger version?
- Plan cross-selling. Provide product ideas based on current interests, for example: “Customers also bought” or “You might like”.
Secrets to Optimize Your Magento 2 Configurable Product Page
After you have mastered some rules when building a Magento 2 configurable product page, let’s go to the main part of today’s article.
Being a team of experienced experts in the Magento store development, we’ve accumulated and shared here the best tips to apply to your Magento 2 configurable product page.
Try and feel these practices!
Inspect Your Configurable Product Pages
Before you make any changes to your Magento 2 configurable product page, don’t forget to take the time to research and evaluate factors to decide which ones need to be corrected.
Good customer experience is always the priority for any business because it greatly influences their buying decision. To satisfy them, you first understand their preference and decide what to show them when they are on your configurable product page.
This checklist can help you to assess your Magento configurable product page precisely:
- Fast loading speed;
- Clear design to raise customer engagement;
- Informative content to lead your customers buy their desired product;
- Outstanding product display with high-quality images;
- Strong brand voice;
If any of these aren’t optimized on your Magento 2 configurable product page, then do it.
Produce Attractive Images
Would you shop at a Magento store that couldn’t even take product photos properly? We’re afraid not.
Before reading words, visitors are drawn to images. So make sure to place quality images that exactly reflect the product on your product page.
You can consult some Magento store owners using white or light colors for product photos. This has proven to be quite effective in sales kicking.
Besides the product thumbnail, each sub-product of a configurable product needs to be displayed visually. Unlike bricks and mortars, online shopping doesn’t allow customers to touch, hold, or try your product. That’s why you need to show each sub-product from multiple angles. Surveys have concluded that over 30% of customers prefer to see lots of product images before purchasing.
Furthermore, customers have high expectations when it comes to color. Therefore, it’s crucial that you exactly represent each available color, pattern, or texture.
Particularly, the color of configurable products can be expressed by a visual swatch, text swatch, or input control. Swatches can be used on the product page, in product listings, and in layered navigation. On the product page, users will see the corresponding product image when they select the swatch thanks to the synchronization.
EXPLORE 2 Easy Steps To Add Color Swatch In Magento 2 INSTANTLY to help customers choose their favorites at ease.
Write Detailed Product Description
As we have mentioned in the first section, content plays a vital role in seducing and urging customers to make desired decisions.
It isn’t difficult for readers to realize whether you dedicate your mind and brain to every word or not. As long as you touch the hearts of customers, they will be willing to buy your product.
Not only that, but you also need to optimize the content for child products in the configurable product. Take care of words and styles for descriptions to inform customers about the benefits, specifications, and features of the product. These aim to convince customers to use your items.
According to Forbes, 88% of buyers appreciate detailed product content. Some pieces of information that you should include are elegant yet relevant titles, price, description of size and material, warranty, brand, and so on.
Make sure your writing style is personal, maybe a little humorous, but still polite. The ultimate goal is to tell customers why you should choose your Magento 2 configurable product.
Plus, content should also be friendly with search engines to help your page rank higher in SERPs and, thereby, bring in more customers in the first place.
DON’T HESITATE TO GRAB Magento SEO advice to idealize your marketing strategy!
Still, writing an engaging product description is challenging. So consume these tips:
- Maintain a short and neat description;
- Contain your brand identity;
- Decide the main keywords and sub-keywords;
- Utilize a smooth structure, headings, and bullet points to improve readability;
- Include relevant specifications.
Nevertheless, the truth is Magento default doesn’t support admin to create simple details for child products. This significantly affects the customer experience because what they want to buy is simple products of the configurable, so reading detailed descriptions can be a fundamental demand.
To banish your fear of destroying customer satisfaction, we have done tons of research and launched an ideal solution. It has always been among our best sellers since its release.
Let’s see how it can improve your product description!
Magento 2 Simple Details on Configurable Product
As its name implies, Magento 2 Simple Details on Configurable Product was born to clarify details of the simple product in the configurable one. It’s beneficial for both providing information and optimizing SEO score.
- Update dynamic content such as name, SKU, descriptions and other attributes;
- Provide a URL for each selected option;
- Preselect options for multiple purposes;
- Maximize customer satisfaction and buying conveniences;
- NEW feature: Import Pre-select.
Want to dig deeper into this extension? SWITCH TO Magento 2 Simple Details on Configurable Product RIGHT AWAY!
Fasten the Page Loading Speed
As we all know, slow speed will drive our passers-by away. They want to buy online to save time on the store, so consumers will expect no interruption during their purchase.
Source: Digital Marketing Daily Updates
This is really a problem that needs careful consideration. For a Magento 2 configurable product, customers have to consider the size and color of the child ones, so they may take many actions on the product page. This means that the loading speed must be fast enough to respond to customer actions.
Our next must-have functionality on Magento 2 configurable product page is breadcrumbs, which help customers navigate and keep track of where they are. They will find your product page very organized and trustworthy for online shopping.
Create Strong Call-To-Action (CTA)
The Magento 2 configurable product page stands right before the checkout process, so you may be extremely sorry when visitors leave at this step. Then, treat them skillfully with quality CTAs.
Some words like “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart” are a must to encourage customers to buy.
The CTA needs to be eye-catching in size and shape without obstructing the UX of the page.
Build Trust with Customer Reviews and Ratings
Right. Trust directly affects customers’ purchasing decisions. To optimize your Magento 2 configurable product page, you can build and strengthen their trust with product reviews and ratings from real customers.
Wonder where to get the feedback?
One easy way is to deliver old customers an email post-purchase to ask for a review.
Frankly, many people don’t want to write long reviews, so minimize their inconvenience by simply asking them to do a quick rating out of five.
Besides the main purpose of reinforcing trust, reviews and ratings also support store owners to understand the tastes and needs of the market, to upgrade products and customer experience.
Install Magento 2 Improved Configurable Product Extensions
After you’ve done some basic manual practices, integrating Magento 2 Improved Configurable Product Package into your Magento store is just a matter of time.
To be more specific, this kit includes some extensions that specialize in improving and optimizing Magento 2 configurable products. All your customers, especially B2B, can benefit from the amazing features of the module.
- Show all associated products of the configurable at hand;
- Place prices, stock availability all in the grid;
- Ensure dynamic simple details on the product listings;
- Update dynamic content per selected associated products;
- Add multiple products with different quantities to cart simultaneously;
- Work great for wholesale websites.
Magento 2 Configurable Product Wholesale Display
To optimize the display of Magento configurable products, you should leverage this. Magento 2 Configurable Product Wholesale Display orders all child products in a grid table view which allows wholesalers to add all chosen products to cart at once.
- Use the grid table to show child products;
- Enable one-time multiple products addition;
- Activate/ Deactivate SKU, Availability, Unit Price, Tier Price, Subtotal and Price Range;
- Support Advanced Tier Price;
- Work with default Color swatch function with clickable options;
- Stay responsive to different devices;
- Be compatible with the configurable product having more than 3 attributes.
STEAL Magento 2 Configurable Product Wholesale Display IMMEDIATELY to beautify your product presentation!
In a Nutshell
So, here we are, in the final part of the article. It would be thoughtful of you to read the material mindfully to understand all the Magento 2 configurable product tips favored by e-commerce giants.
We all admit that optimizing the configurable product page is quite tricky, so you need a great assistant by your side. A trustworthy extension qualifies that. It helps minimize worries, simplify inventory management, and perfect customer experience. For that reason, why don’t you evaluate and pick a suitable module to boost your sales volume?