As you know, Magento 2.3.x version was introduced to global users with more advanced functions to help store owners to develop their own business and control stores better and better.
Once a new version is launched, you will need specific requirements (necessary software, supported browsers, and so on) to run Magento application.
Today, I will give you some minimum system requirements to install Magento 2.3.x so that you can make it successful.
Magento 2.3.x System Requirements
Operating Systems Requirements
Linux distributors including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian or RedHat Enterprise Linux and so on are convenient for you to install Magento 2.3.x.
Magento is not supported on:
- Windows OS
- Mac OS
2GB of RAM is required to upgrade Magento applications. In case you are using a system with less than 2GB of RAM, let’s create a swap file to avoid failures in the update process.
It is necessary to get the latest stable composer version for you to develop Magento 2 extensions.
Web Service Requirements
- Apache 2.4
- Nginx 1.x
- MySQL 5.6, 5.7
MySQL NDB Cluster 7.4.*, Percona 5.7, MariaDB 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 and other binary-compatible MySQL technologies are databases which can be compatible with Magento.
Note: Only MySQL features which are compatible with MariaDB are used by Magento. Although MariaDB may not be compatible with MySQL features, please guarantee that you do research issues of compatibility carefully before using a feature in Magento module.
Required PHP extensions:
It is recommended to enable PHP OPcache for performance reasons
You are required to configure essential PHP settings like memory limit to prevent popular problems during the Magento 2.3 usage.
- Set the system time zone for PHP
- Set the PHP memory limit:
- Compiling code or deploying static assets, 756M
- Installing and updating Magento components from Magento Marketplace, 2G
- Testing, ~3-4G
- A Security certificate for HTTPS.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) requirement – PayPal and repo.magento.com both require TLS 1.2 or later:
Note: Self-signed SSL certificates are not supported.
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
- SMTP server
Magento can use the following technologies:
- Redis versions 3.2, 4.0, 5.0 (compatible with 2.4+) are used for page caching and session storage. Version 5.0 is highly recommended
- Varnish version 4.x, 5.2 or 6.2
- Elasticsearch 6.x
- RabbitMQ 3.8.x (compatible with 2.0 and later)
Magento Commerce only
- Three master databases
The master databases are advantageous to bring high scalability for various functional areas of Magento application: checkout, order, and every Magento 2 application tables.
Optional but recommended
- php_xdebug 2.5.x or later (development environments only; can have an adverse effect on performance)
- mcrypt (for PHP < 7.2)
- PHPUnit (as a command-line tool) 6.2.0
Storefront and Admin:
- Internet Explorer 11 or later, Microsoft Edge, latest–1
- Firefox latest, latest–1 (any operating system)
- Chrome latest, latest–1 (any operating system)
- Safari latest, latest–1 (Mac OS only)
- Safari Mobile for iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad with Retina Display (iOS 12 or later), for desktop storefront
- Safari Mobile for iPhone 6 or later; iOS 12 or later, for mobile storefront
- Chrome for mobile latest–1 (Android 4 or later) for mobile storefront
Note: latest–1 means one major version earlier than the latest released version.