SEO for Magento 2 plays a very significant role in boosting sales in online stores using this platform. However, default Magento 2 does not contain enough functions for the best SEO performance. Don’t worry! A Magento 2 SEO Extension can remove those limits.
Want to boost your rankings? You need the best Magento 2 SEO Extension to do that. Here we introduce 33 options for the best SEO extension for Magento 2 (Magento 2 SEO module).
I. Why SEO Matters for E-commerce Websites
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization,” which means making a website friendly to search engines. This activity aims to help that website stand out in search engine result pages (SERPs).
So, why SEO matters for e-commerce websites?
First, good SEO performance makes your website noticeable in SERPs. Then, it can attract prospective customers to visit your website when they search for things you also buy. The more customers you reach, the more sales will happen. Furthermore, once your website appears at high positions in SERPs naturally, it will become more trusted.
Second, SEO is an economical method but brings higher traffic and conversion rates compared with paid marketing efforts. Good SEO performance delivers the right information that users need, unlike interrupting ads that drive them crazy.
For those reasons, never underestimate the importance of SEO if you want to sell more.
II. Drawbacks of SEO Features in Default Magento 2
Default Magento 2 itself embraces features to support SEO for Magento 2 websites, including Metadata, Sitemap, URL Rewrite tool, etc. Unfortunately, it still contains limitations that prevent you from the best SEO performance, such as:
- It’s impossible to customize Robot Meta Tag for each specific page.
- There’s no room for HTML. It also means there’s no HTML sitemap.
- There’s no Hreflang tag, which helps you avoid the duplicate content issue.
- Default variables of meta template are often not enough to describe products.
- For each frontend page, SEO analysis is not supported.
DISCOVER Full Magento 2 SEO Guide to know what defaut Magento 2 supports for SEO!
It is no longer a big deal as you can easily find an available and complete solution right here. Keep reading the next part for 33+ Magento 2 SEO Extension choices.
III. 33+ Magento 2 SEO Extensions to Boost Up Your Ranking
1. Best Magento 2 SEO Extension by BSS Commerce
Magento 2 SEO Extension is one of the best-sellers of BSS Commerce. The extension is the integration of significant SEO modules, covers full settings to boost up your rankings. At a reasonable price, it ensures high compatibility with no conflicts.
Features of this best SEO Extension for Magento 2:
- Rich Snippet: Highlights your store on SERPs more strongly with extra snippets: Price, Rating, Review, Availability, Brand, Custom Properties, etc. It also supports a search box to let customers search store items right in SERPs.
- Advanced Breadcrumbs: The module upgrades default breadcrumbs by advanced functions to make your store more friendly with both Google and customers.
- HTML Sitemap: Site visitors can easily navigate a website with an HTML sitemap. With best Magento 2 SEO Extension, store owners can get a sitemap including products, categories, CMS pages, and additional links and create one for each store view.
- XML Sitemap: Divided by date, category, and manufacture, this is surely the best interface for an XML site map ever.
- Robot Meta Tag: The module allows you to assign Robot Meta Tag for each URL to inform search engines which page they should not index.
- Hreflang tag: it is used to inform search engines like Google about multiple versions of the same content in different languages. Thanks to this, users can be served with the right content in a suitable language.
- Canonical tags: Those tags are used to alert search engines of the official version of a website. Then, you no longer worry about duplicate content issues or being penalized by Google.
- 301 redirects: Take customers to an alternative whenever they access a deleted page to improve user experience.
- Meta Tag Template: add more variables into meta templates
- ALT Tags: Create an Alt Tag template to use for all images. Those images are displayed on a grid for convenient management.
- External Links: Auto-mark external links as NO FOLLOW. In this way, Google crawlers will not follow these links and the power of your URL will not be transmitted inside.
- SEO toolbar: It gives you the results of your SEO on each page in the frontend.
- Especially, to express the thanks, BSS Commerce gives all customers who buy Magento 2 SEO Extension a free SEO Audit service so that you can keep track of your SEO performance better.
2. SEO Extension Magento 2 by Mageplaza
Magento SEO Extension by Mageplaza was developed for any Magento 2 store with the following features:
- Prevent duplicate content issue
- Structured data
- Metadata Template
- Hreflang Tag
- SEO Report
- Enriched Rich Snippets
- HTML/XML Sitemaps
- SEO Checklist
- Link Alternate Tag: provide a link to an alternative version of a site easily.
- Cross-Linking: link all relevant pages together in a blink of an eye.
3. SEO Tool Kit for Magento 2 by Amasty
SEO Plugin Magento by Amasty is a Magento 2 SEO suite gathering several Magento SEO extensions for these functions in one:
- SEO analysis for any page
- Automated meta tags templates
- Enriched Rich Snippets
- Advanced pagination and Redirects
- Automated internal and external cross-links
- Advanced HTML/XML Sitemaps
- Unique product URLs against duplicate content
4. Mageworx SEO Suite for Magento 2
Being highly appreciated in the market, Mageworx SEO Suite Magento 2 can completely handle important SEO settings you need to boost up your site. At the price of $299, this module covers the following features:
- Streamlined page URLs and metadata
- Advanced HTML/XML Sitemaps
- Advanced Rich Snippets
- Complete arsenal of SEO tools
- Detailed SEO reports
5. Ultimate SEO Optimizer by FME Extensions
Another SEO extension for Magento 2 we recommend you is Ultimate SEO Optimizer. It is a combination of 7 powerful tools that automate your SEO, which helps:
- Auto-generate SEO Meta Title, Description & Keywords Generate SEO
- Optimize Alt Tags for product images
- Support XML & HTML Sitemaps for store
- Add extended Rich Snippet
- Handle content language duplicates with Hreflang Tags
- Add No Index No Follow Tags to any page
- Add Canonical Tags to prevent duplication
6. Advanced Magento 2 SEO Suite by Mirasvit
Most of the SEO configurations are included in Advanced Magento 2 SEO Suite – a SEO plugin Magento by Mirasvit which saves time and money for store owners and SEO specialists.
- Manage SEO configurations for pages, categories and layered navigation
- Highlight your website with advanced rich snippets
- Create Meta-tags by templates
- Generate advanced Sitemap for Google
- Control all redirects quickly and easily
- Configure canonical URLs
- Support SEO analysis of every page
Besides, $149 is a reasonable price making this SEO plugin Magento more favorable.
7. Magento Creare SEO Extension
Magento Creare SEO Extension is one of the best Magento 2 Extensions for SEO which provides a set of smart tools to help solve SEO problems, such as:
- SEO checklist: inspect SEO performance in your store correctly.
- Canonical tags: solve the duplicate content issue.
- Structured data: contains specific information that is understandable to search engines.
- Metadata templates: accelerate the creation of page titles and meta descriptions.
- Google integration: integrate extra services by Google which are not available in default Magento 2.
This Magento Creare SEO extension is still on development, so please keep updated with them!
8. SEO Magento Extension by Magedelight
SEO Magento Extension can enhance online stores’ visibility on SERPs to increase more traffic. How does this SEO plugin Magento help you?
- Support a smart toolbar to review on-page SEO
- Track users activities by Facebook pixel
- Create flexible HTML/XML sitemap with ease
- Support Canonical tag
- Redirect users when they encounter the 404 error
- Serve dynamic meta tags
9. SEO Extension by Webkul
SEO Extension by Webkul offers various tools and configurations to improve the SEO performance of your store at a noticeable price ($149). Let’s look through the benefits the best SEO plugin Magento brings.
- Display more product information with advanced Rich Snippets
- Display categories of your store on SERPs
- Provide social sharing options
- Support SEO meter to analyze your SEO performance
- Generate sitemaps easily
10. SEO Suite for Magento 2 by Emipro Technologies
One more time, this SEO suite by Emipro Technologies is a module you should not ignore among options of the best SEO extensions for Magento 2.
It provides you with:
- Powerful SEO dashboard
- Enhanced Magento SEO templates
- Custom Robots.txt Editor and Meta Robots
- Canonical tags for duplicate pages
- SEO information rewriter
11. Magento 2 SEO Suite by Swissuplabs
This Magento 2 SEO Suite is a combination of various best Magento SEO extensions. Therefore, it is also a good choice for those who expect a better ranking for their stores on SERPs.
- Auto-generate meta tags for product and category pages
- Add HTML sitemap
- Extend XML sitemap with more settings
- Add extra Rich snippets
- Support Hreflang tags
- Create cross-links with ease
12. Advanced SEO for Magento 2 by Activo
Finally, the last best Magento SEO extension also helps you so much in boosting up your store is Advanced SEO by Activo with the following features:
- Support Category flat URL structure
- Provide additional Schema.org selections for category pages
- Enhance meta description templates
- Solve 404 errors and bad links
- Send report on SEO via email
- Optimize images with Alt Tag
13. Bulk Images Upload & SEO for Magento 2 by Activo
Bulk Images Upload & SEO for Magento 2 by Activo is a very supportive Magento 2 SEO module that saves time for uploading bulk product images. It helps admins to match images to hundreds of products in just a few seconds.
- Import multiple images in seconds
- Upload with traditional FTP
- Drag-and-drop image upload and import interface
- Adaptable regular expressions to match image file name with product SKUs
- Rename images based on product names for better SEO
- Mark base image as excluded
- Import only images updated since the last upload
- Assign configurable product image to children simple products
- Support JPG, PNG and GIF image extensions
- Include multisite configuration
- Effectively defer Iframes embedded on websites
- Raise your ranking on SERPs
15. Rich Snippets by BSS Commerce
Rich Snippets by BSS Commerce is one of the best SEO extensions for Magento 2 at a higher price. Once installing the module, it will improve your rankings on SERPs to enhance your website visibility and highlight your page better.
How does this SEO plugin Magento support online stores?
- Supply various Rich Snippets for products such as price, rating, review, availability, brand, category, etc.
- Display rich snippets on categories
- Show breadcrumbs in the search result for easy navigation
- Display Rich Snippets including business information (name, logo, business type, contact, social links, etc..) on SERPs
- Show a specific search input box for your Magento 2 store
- Open Graph and Twitter Card are available for sharing on social networks
16. Google Page Speed Optimizer by Amasty
There is no doubt that page speed plays an important role as one of the fundamental factors for SEO. Google Page Speed enhances web page performance in order to place your store at the top of Google search rating.
This Magento 2 SEO plugin helps:
- Accelerate store loading on mobile and desktop
- Streamline JS, CSS and HTML code structure
- Display pages faster with the Webp images format and Lazy loading
- Make your store SEO-friendly with a higher Google rating
- Completely compatible with Porto theme
17. Meta Tag Template for Magento 2
Like we include in the SEO Extension for Magento 2 by BSS Commerce, the meta tag template increases your store visibility in search engines. Meta Tag Template for Magento 2 enriches this function in your store, which allows admins to:
- Tailor meta template for products and categories including meta description, meta title, and meta keywords
- Auto-add description for product pages and category pages
- Support multiple variables for making meta tags template
- Use priority to choose a template for products belonging to multiple categories
- Easily manage the process of generating meta tag template
- Exclude products/categories from meta tag template updates
18. XML Sitemap by BSS Commerce
For those who seek a Magento 2 SEO module that automatically generates XML Sitemaps in an efficient way, XML Sitemap by BSS Commerce is one of the recommended options. The best SEO plugin for Magento will give you the flexibility to:
- Provide admins with a friendly Magento 2 XML sitemap including all links on your website
- Divide XML sitemap into smaller sitemap.xml files by top-level category, manufacture or time
- Exclude selected links from the XML sitemap file by category, product type or product ID and CMS page
- Exclude product or category pages from XML sitemap with configurations it in the edit page
- Specify the priority and frequency to update the XML sitemap
- Include extra links to the XML sitemap
19. Magento 2 Lazy Load by BSS Commerce (Free)
Magento 2 Lazy Load allows loading product images when scrolling down the pages to shorten the loading time for better performance. This SEO plugin for Magento comes with extra concentrated functions to:
- Load product images when customers scroll down (if they don’t scroll to the end of the page, images placed at the bottom of the page aren’t loaded.)
- Load product images on time or before they appear on the screen
- Save internet bandwidth and offload for server
- Make your site SEO-friendly: Google, Bing, and Yahoo can index lazyload product images
20. Google AMP Extension by BSS Commerce
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages), an open-source framework developed by Google in collaboration with Twitter, can create a faster experience on the mobile web. Among best Magento SEO extensions for AMP in the marketplaces, the module by BSS Commerce is one of the richest in features.
- Auto-create Magento 2 AMP pages for Category Pages and Product Pages
- Customize AMP Homepage and CMS Pages by AMP-standard widgets: banner, iframe, social share, image, video
- Support styling with custom CSS for each page type
- Integrate with Google Analytics for easy tracking performance of AMP in Magento 2
- Enable Search and Subscribe Newsletter block for sites using https
21. Import/Export URL Rewrites
URL Rewrite is a popular technique used to rewrite the URLs of websites to make them clearer and more friendly to users. So, the extension is must-have in SEO for Magento 2 that covers these significant features:
- Allows admins to import URL rewrites via a CSV file
- Provide a sample CSV file to help administrators conveniently import data and reduce errors.
- Validate the CSV file before importing and display messages to notice about import results
- Allow admins to export available URL rewrites into a CSV file format also
- Support importing and exporting 301 and 302 redirect types
22. Cross-Linking for Magento 2 by Amasty
Every SEOer will advise you to have a significant number of internal and external links within your site. A proper cross-link system is necessary to increase the power and take users from page to page. In this way, it improves the architecture and obviously boosts traffic on your website.
How does this Magento SEO module help online stores?
- Generate internal and external links
- Create links to any product, category, or CMS page
- Automatically include links on category and product pages
- Replace keywords with related links
- Set the maximum number of links per page
Auto Interlinking Product is another solution to build internal links within your site to help Google easily find out your related content and evaluate the value of that content by supportive features:
- Easy control auto-interlinking keywords & URLs from the backend
- Keyword replacement activation filter for product pages, category pages & CMS pages
- Max Replacement Count setting for each page & keyword
- Import mass keywords via CSV file
- Export interlinking keywords with mass editing action
24. SEO Friendly Images by Zymion
In SEO for Magento 2 or whatever online platform, image is a factor you should not ignore as unfriendly-to-SEO images can harm your rankings seriously. For that reason, SEO Friendly Images by Zymion comes to help you meet SEO requirements more easily.
- Automatically name images and make them descriptive
- Rename the images of a product to the full product name
- Image names like DSC100001.jpg are automatically converted into the more SEO-friendly format like “your-product-name.jpg”
- Do not change original images
- Bring your images better SEO score
25. Super Easy SEO Plugin for Magento by Magenest
Added to collection of best Magento SEO extension, this Magento 2 SEO plugin is another package of Magento SEO extensions that also bring a relatively thorough solution for e-commerce.
- Edit robot meta tag for multiple pages easily
- Include canonical tag in main pages
- Create and submit sitemaps
- Create product and category Magento SEO templates
- Auto-generate image alt tags
- Auto-create cross-links within your websites
- Manage redirects with ease
- Optimize images
- Include Content analysis toolkit
- Support SEO data live preview
26. Magento 2 SEO Suite by Template Masters
Magento 2 SEO Suite by Templates Masters is a toolkit of seven useful SEO modules. Store owners can easily find this Magento SEO suite in the marketplaces and try the demo to test for its functions.
Seven modules included in this SEO plugin Magento by Teamplages Masters:
- Metadata template
- HTML sitemap
- XML sitemap
- Rich snippets
- SEO Pagination
- SEO URLs
- Regional and language URLs
27. Magento SEO Extension by Mageinn
Magento SEO Extension by Mageinn is a good choice for those who seek an economical solution as it is completely free with the following features:
- Include canonical links on the categories page
- Wrap short description with a paragraph tag
- Optimize breadcrumbs on product pages
- Improved sitemap generator separates files into two types: with images and without images.
28. Alternate Hreflang Tags by Magmodules
Many Magento 2 stores translate their content into different languages in order to reach more customers from different parts of the world. With Alternate Hreflang Tags, those stores can avoid problems of duplicate content.
- Allow admins to group the right language storeviews together
- Generate Hreflang tags to tell search engine if there are any alternative languages available for pages
- Follow the latest Google Standards
- Include complete documentation
- Compatible with the latest versions of Magento 2
29. Facebook Open Graph Extension by Magefan
As a merchant, you should never ignore the ìnfluence of Facebook as this social network has a giant community of users all around the world. Once users share your content on their wall, your website has a great chance to reach more visitors and increase traffic.
Facebook Open Graph> (OG) by Magefan is an SEO extension for Magento 2 that helps you make use of the most popular social network.
Facebook Open Graph Extension supports:
- Default OG mage & description
- Automatic Open Graph tags based on SEO data (Meta Tags)
- Individual OG tags for product pages
- Individual OG tags for category pages
- Individual OG tags for CMS pages, including home page
30. Premium SEO by MagicOne
Premium SEO by MagicOne is a practical Magento 2 SEO tool that follows the latest Google updates. With the module, you can get technical SEO tasks done automatically, even when you haven’t got any coding skills.
Typical features of this Magento 2 SEO tool:
- Include schema.org structured data to help Google realize your sites more easily and positively impacts your site positions
- Specify pages as index, follow, noindex, nofollow or any combinations of those
- Highlight your web pages as a rich object whenever users share them on social networks with Open Graph
- Support OG metadata for product pages, category pages, and CMS pages
- Attach photos, videos, media experiences, and a few lines of markup to your pages with Twitter Cards. As a result, users who share your content will have a “card” added to the tweet
- Provide a search box that appears in SERPs (outside your website)
- Help Google understand your content easily with Google structured data
- Specify geolocation with GEO snippet
- Specify social media links for your contact information with social link snippet
- Support product review snippet also
- Support Hreflang tags, Canonical tags, and HTML sitemap
31. SEO Page Title Overwrite by Weltpixel
This Magento 2 SEO module allows you to rewrite products and categories page titles, which greatly improves SEO results.
Highlighted features of SEO Page Title Overwrite:
- Rewrite titles for your products and categories, then use SEO-friendly descriptions
- Support search engines descriptive long-tail keywords for products and category page names
- Help customers to find the products they are looking for with ease
- Complete the commercial title and the SEO title on product/category pages without difficulties
32. Product Redirect by MageModule
Product Redirect by MageModule is a Magento 2 SEO module launched to solve the “wasted link juice” problem. Once using the extension, a 301 or 302 redirect will be automatically created for all of the deleted or disabled URLs.
- Auto-create redirects for deleted or disabled product URLs
- Provides admins with two options to set up those URLs: 301 or 302 redirects
- When a disabled URL is later re-enabled, the original URL function just as it had before
33. Noindex Nofollow Tag by Cynoinfotech
You might have known how important Robot.txt is to help Google easily index your website. NoIndex NoFollow Tag is a practical Magento 2 SEO module that modifies the Meta Robot tags of the category, product CMS pages, and custom URL.
Highlighted features of the SEO plugin Magento:
- Optimize Meta Robot tags of the category, product, CMS pages, and custom URLs
- Specify which pages that should or should not be indexed or followed by search engine crawlers
- Set noindex and nofollow on the category pages and all products of that category pages
- Set noindex nofollow for any custom URLs
- Guide search engines to move the link juice to other pages, which harms the SEO score of the store
- Prevent products from being indexed and followed from crawlers
- Help your stores avoid duplicate content
- Limit indexing your confidential pages
IV. Wrapping Up
There’s no difficulty in finding Magento SEO Extensions in the market. However, the most suitable one will support you best in boosting up your rankings.