Newest release – Magento 2.4.6 is coming!
Adobe just announced that the new version 2.4.6 of Magento is ready to release. The public release is scheduled on March 14, 2023.
This is a major update with many enhancements and bug fixes, aiming to improve the performance of your Magento store. So are you ready for it?
In this article, we will help you prepare for the upcoming changes of Adobe Commerce.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 Highlights
The new release includes 8 security fixes and security improvements to prevent unauthorized access to customer information or the hijacking of administrative sessions.
Some security improvements are:
- Address gaps in Admin action logs with more specific auditing of actions within grid views, mass actions, and exports
- Fix reCAPTCHA validation fail during checkout when unexpected errors occur during payment processing
- Require email confirmation when an admin user changes their email
List of Magento 2.4.6 supports:
- PHP 8.2 (remain fully support for PHP 8.1 and remove support for PHP 7.4).
- Composer 2.2.x. (Composer 1.x has been removed)
- Redis 7.0.x. (compatibility with Redis 6.2 remains but Redis 6.2 is expected to reach end of life in 2024)
- OpenSearch v2.x (OpenSearch is now supported as the default search engine)
- ElasticSearch 8.x
- MariaDB 10.6 (LTS version)
Some other upgrades and replacements are:
- Migrate DHL schema from v6.2 to v10.0.
- Upgrade Symfony dependencies to the new LTS version
- Remove jquery-migrate from the Commerce codebase
- Upgrade jQuery/fileUpload library to v10.32.
- Remove Zend framework (ZF1) components that have reached end of life
- Remove laminas/laminas-dependency-plugin Composer plugin
- Replace Zend_Filter with laminas/laminas-filter.
- Upgrade web-token/jwt-framework to v3.0.5. (latest version)
- Upgrade allure-framework/allure-phpunit to v2.x.
- Upgrade the Chart-js library to v3.9.1
Performance and scalability enhancements
Adobe also includes some updates enhance performance and scalability:
- Improved performance for operations affecting many customer segments
- New system configuration setting for limiting number of products displayed in product grid
- Improved import performance (up to 100,000 records per minute)
- Improved high-throughput order processing performance through load balancing
This release has 4 updates focus on making storefront experience on Venia (PWA) more user-friendly:
- The text label for the Sign in button now matches its accessible name
- Add descriptive accessible names to buttons
- Add verbal descriptive labels to the Has Video checkboxes in search filters
- Allow keyboard-only users to access all page functionality on the storefront
Fixed Issues in Magento 2.4.6
Hundreds of issues have been fixed in the Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 core code, as described below:
- 10 fixes to make the installation, upgrade, and deployment processes more stable
- 2 fixes to make sure website navigates through keyboard work as expected
- Many other bug fixes for B2B, bundle products, cache, etc.
For more information, please check Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 release notes!
Should You Upgrade to Magento 2.4.6?
As we listed below, the latest Magento 2.4.6 includes a lot of enhancements for security, performance and accessibility. Along with that are many new features to improve your store functionality.
That’s why we highly recommend you to upgrade to Magento 2.4.6 as soon as possible to take advantage of all those updates!
CHECK NOW: The best Magento 2 Website Maintainance Service if you need professional help to upgrade your store!
Magento 2.4.6 Compatible Extensions
Magento 2.4.6 includes many changes that crucially affect the performance of third-party extensions. Thus, all existing Magento extensions needed to have some updates to run smoothly on the new version.
But the good news is, BSS Commerce, as a trusted extension provider, is working extremely hard to make our Magento modules compatible with Magento 2.4.6 in time with the release of it.
Not to mention, we also offer FREE Installation – FREE 1-year Support and FREE Lifetime Update for every Magento extension.
CHECK NOW: Full list of BSS’s Magento plugins to optimize your store!
BSS Commerce is a world-class Magento extension provider famous for 3 factors:
- Solution-Oriented: We care about our client’s pain points and provide the right solution accurately, timely, and effectively. That’s why we have 75,000+ satisfied customers worldwide.
- Feature Rich: We offer 180+ extensions that are fully featured and innovative. All are developed and supported by Magento solution specialists, certified developers, and ISTQB testers. Accordingly, we earn the position as one of the leading Magento 2 extension providers.
- Transparency & Reliability: We provide modules at the best price (one-time payment and no hidden fee) and the best support service (average first response time within 1 hour and 4.9 stars on Trustpilot). Hence, after 10+ years of dedication, we were honored to be Adobe Bronze Partner and ISTQB partner.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.