Effective Date: 01 Nov, 2023
Last Updated: 01 Nov, 2023
2. Personal Information the App Collects
- Your store name and store email address.
- Customers’ email addresses.
- Information we receive when providing technical or customer support for you.
This information is required to deliver specific services. If you choose not to provide the requested information, kindly consider uninstalling our app from your Shopify Stores.
Moreover, when accessing the BSS Commerce website (the “Site”), we may employ various technologies to collect personal information, including but not limited to:
- Cookies: Data files placed on your device or computer, often containing an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, including instructions on how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log Files: These files track actions occurring on the Site, collecting data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web Beacons, Tags, and Pixels: Electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
3. Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your data for the following reasons:
- To generate and save app configurations for your store.
- To maintain contact with you to resolve any issues you encounter while using our app.
- To facilitate the execution of various features within our app.
- To provide you with information or advertising related to our products or services.
4. Information Storage and Privacy Commitment
Your personal and customer data will be stored on the servers of BSS Commerce in the United States, utilizing the Linode system, until you submit a cancellation request or uninstall our app from your store.
BSS Commerce is steadfast in ensuring the security and confidentiality of your data. We employ the latest technologies and software to deter data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure, thereby safeguarding all the information we collect online. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure.
5. Our Cookies Policy
Cookies are small text files created when users visit websites, improving the user experience by remembering login information, theme selections, preferences, and other custom functions. We employ cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential for the operation of our website and enable you to navigate and use its features.
- Performance and Analytics Cookies: These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website, allowing us to improve its performance.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website and personalize content for you.
6. Links to Other Websites
While our app may contain links to other websites, please be advised that we do not have control over these external websites. Therefore, we cannot assume responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting such sites. Furthermore, these external websites are not governed by this privacy statement, so it is advisable to exercise caution and review the privacy statement relevant to the respective website.
7. Summary of Your Rights Under:
7.1. GDPR European Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you possess the following rights:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to know whether we hold your Personal Information and the purpose for which your Personal Information is processed.
- Right of access: You are entitled to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, along with an explanation of the categories of Personal Information being processed, the purposes of such Processing, and the details of third parties to whom the Personal Information may have been disclosed.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to correct/update your Personal Information available with us.
- Right to erasure: You are entitled to have your Personal Information erased from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases. It is important to note that we may need to retain certain Personal Information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
- Right to data portability: You are entitled to obtain and reuse your Personal Information. You can either obtain the Personal Information from us or provide it to a third party if you so wish, or request us to transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party.
- Right to object/restrict Processing or both: You have the right to object/restrict the Processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, including situations where the Personal Information is inaccurate (during the period when we verify the Personal Information), when the Personal Information is no longer required for the intended purpose of Processing, or in connection with direct marketing. You can prevent or discontinue marketing communications by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your Personal Information, or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in the emails we send you. You also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects that significantly affect you.
In these cases, we will retain minimal Personal Information to record your choice of opting out from further contact. For exercising any of the aforementioned rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
7.2. California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, please note the following details regarding the personal information we collect about you and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides you with the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to request access to details on the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect and/or sell, including how we use and disclose this information, and to whom we may sell it.
- Right to deletion: You can request the deletion of any of your personal information.
- Right to opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of any “sale” of your personal information that may occur.
- Right to non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the above rights.
To exercise your California privacy rights under the CCPA, please send us an email. We will verify your request using information associated with your account, including your email address. Further identification may be required. You may also designate an authorized representative to act on your behalf.
7.3. Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law obliges us to offer certain Nevada residents the option to opt-out of the “sale” of “personally identifiable information,” as defined by Nevada law. We do not engage in such activities. However, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request under Nevada law to opt-out of any potential future sales by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org