How to SEO on Magento
Client’s requirement: We are using Magento Commerce 2.x version (Magento Enterprise) and would like to have some work to optimize our on-page SEO.
We use BSS theme with some customization, but we need to make sure that its core theme remains, then we can upgrade this theme to the latest version in the future.
Please kindly check the following points, any suggestion is appreciated:
- SSL enablement for all web pages, not only my account & checkout.
- HTML Header: title tag, meta description tag, heading tags.
- Keyword consistency.
- Image attributes, on-page link structure, broken links.
- Robots.txt, sitemap.
- Image optimization, Gzip compression.
10 Magento SEO Tools From Our Magento Development Team
We have dealt with this type of job in a lot of Magento projects in the past few years. As a Magento solution provider, we understand that Search Engine is an essential factor which affects the traffic to an e-commerce store. Therefore, we have investigated the following Magento SEO tools that will help store owners to optimize their search results:
Fixing some points here will significantly improve your website to be faster, and even help bots to crawl the site much easier.
It’s obviously good for your Google ranking if you have followed precisely their own tool, that’s why we highly recommend our clients to do the best practices with Google PageSpeed.
Our third recommendation is a technical Magento SEO tool that has many useful features for your website. You can realize various benefits of Website Auditor such as:
- Detect and fix SEO issues related to structure and coding;
- Build a Google-friendly XML Sitemap as well as robot.txt for your site;
- Have expert on-page SEO reports to conveniently manage your website’s progress.
A free Magento SEO tool helps you check whether your site is affected by Google’s algorithm updates or not.
You know, if we do SEO improperly, enduring the Google penalty is inevitable and this has a very negative effect on your rankings on the search engines.
With Panguin, you only need to connect this tool to Google Analytics. Although this free version has many limitations, you can still take advantage of it for simple tasks.
Another suggestion from us is a Magento SEO tool that allows you to track your ranking to evaluate whether your marketing strategy is good enough or not. Moreover, it helps you acquire, manage, and retain more customers for your SEO agency.
Google SERP Preview Tool
A free yet handy tool by Google enables you to see how your site appears in Google search results.
You can make the most of SEMrush Keyword Analytics to find the right keywords for your SEO campaigns. Besides, an interesting function of this tool is to explore multinational environments to adapt keywords.
If you are seeking a backlink checker, don’t ignore Ahref. It provides users with effective backlink checking with over 12 trillion known-links, 200 million root domains, 6 billion pages, and every-15-minute updated backlink index.
Magento SEO Extension – Another Effective Seo Toolkit Magento 2
As you are using the Magento eCommerce store, we believe that using extensions from the best provider will reduce your workload and bring you high values immediately. We at BSS Commerce always do our best to provide you the most appropriate solution.
GRAB IMMEDIATELY SEO plugin for Magento – the best Magento SEO extension on the market.
The outstanding features are:
- Add Rich Snippets to show up the website on SERPs.
- Better site navigation with advanced breadcrumbs set.
- Social Shares optimization via Open Graph and Twitter Card.
- Advanced XML and HTML Sitemap set up.
- Duplicate content elimination by Canonical tag & Hreflang tag.
- Meta tag generation for products and category pages.
- Image’s ALT tag & name generation.
- Additional H1 on custom pages for admin.
- 301 redirects and external links support.
- Smart SEO report & SEO analysis toolbar in uses.
Let’s take a closer look at some highlights of our stunning Magento 2 SEO extensions!
Certainly, the default Magento gives you some inconveniences to use or select a limited snippet source available for product pages to display on the Search Results page.
Now, you won’t have to worry about how to make your product stand out if you choose Magento 2 Rich Snippets in the SEO toolkit Magento 2.
- Offer a wide range of snippets for the product including price, review, brand, rating, availability, category, custom properties;
- Present rich snippets for categories (name, description, image, product offer); & business identity (name, logo, business type, contact, social links,…) on SERPs;
- Include a certain search box on your store;
And many more features.
A user-friendly website is a must-have to retain customers and improve your brand awareness. Dynamic HTML Sitemap extension makes this easier than ever with the following actions:
- Auto-generate an HTML sitemap;
- Personalize an URL key for the sitemap
- Update any changes automatically in the store’s structure.
- Include/Exclude links, products, categories, CMS links in the sitemap.
- Set on the backend edit page to remove product & category pages from the sitemap.
- Take control of the sitemap listing order.
- Display the HTML sitemap link on the header/footer.
- Be compatible with Multi-store views.
You must have heard of Meta Tags at least once. A meaningful and engaging meta tag plays a crucial role in raising the customer clicks to your store. Below are how the Meta Tags Template can help your SEO campaign:
- Design unique meta template for products and categories including meta description, meta title, and meta keywords
- Allow auto-adding description for product pages and category pages
- Offer multiple variables for making meta tags template
- Set up priority to pick a template for products of multiple categories
- Keep an eye on the process of generating meta tag template
- Eliminate products/categories from meta tag template updates
Last but not least, Magento 2 XML Sitemap is an equally good candidate to support your website on reaching the top of search engines.
- Easy-to-use Magento 2 XML sitemap containing all links on your store;
- Divide XML sitemap into minor sitemap.xml files by top-level category, manufacture, or time;
- Remove selected links from Magento 2 XML sitemap file by category, product type or product ID and CMS page;
- Configure in the edit page to disable product or category pages from XML sitemap;
- Set priority and frequency for updating Magento 2 sitemap.
- Integrate extra links to the XML sitemap.
Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate by Mageworx
One of the best-paid SEO extensions, Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate is highly appreciated for the multi-task support. For example, using this module, you can eliminate duplicate sites, improve your site rankings as well as make your site more search engine friendly.
Besides the above Magento SEO tools, you can visit some of our helpful blog posts:
- 27+ Magento 2 SEO Tips – Search Engine Optimization A to Z Checklist
- Magento 2 SEO Settings – The All-in-One Definitive Guide 
Overall, SEO boost is an indispensable task for any online business. We all admit that many different approaches are here for you to evaluate and develop your SEO strategy so as to match with Google updates and customer preference.
Currently, on the market, there are countless Magento 2 SEO tools available to serve various purposes, so you should have enough basic knowledge and alertness to choose for yourself an effective module.
Finally, if you need help, please do not hesitate to contact our Development Team.