How to SEO on Magento
Client’s requirement: We are using Magento Commerce 2.x version (Magento Enterprise) and would like to have some work to optimize our on-page SEO.
We use BSS theme with some customization, but we need to make sure that its core theme remains, then we can upgrade this theme to the latest version in the future.
Please kindly check the following points, any suggestion is appreciated:
- SSL enablement for all web pages, not only my account & checkout.
- HTML Header: title tag, meta description tag, heading tags.
- Keyword consistency.
- Image attributes, on-page link structure, broken links.
- Robots.txt, sitemap.
- Image optimization, Gzip compression.
3 SEO Solutions From Our Magento Development Team
We have dealt with this type of job in a lot of Magento projects in the past few years. As a Magento solution provider, we understand that Search Engine is an essential factor which affects the traffic to an e-commerce store. Therefore, we have investigated the following tools that will help store owners to optimize their search results:
Fixing some points here will significantly improve your website to be faster, and even help bots to crawl the site much easier.
It’s obviously good for your Google ranking if you have followed precisely their own tool, that’s why we highly recommend our clients to do the best practices with Google PageSpeed.
Magento SEO Extension – another effective magento seo tool
As you are using Magento eCommerce store, we believe that using extensions from the best provider will reduce your workload and bring you high values immediately. We at BSS Commerce always do our best to provide you the most appropriate solution.
We strongly suggest you use our SEO plugin for Magento, which is the best Magento SEO extension on the market.
The highlight features are:
- Add Rich Snippets to highlight website on SERPs.
- Better site navigation with advanced breadcrumbs setting.
- Social Shares optimization via Open Graph and Twitter Card.
- Advanced XML and HTML Sitemap set up.
- Duplicated content elimination by Canonical tag & Hreflang tag.
- Meta tag generation for products and category pages.
- Image’s ALT tag & name generation.
- Additional H1 on custom pages for admin.
- 301 redirects and external links supports.
- Smart SEO report & SEO analysis toolbar in uses.
Beside the above tools, you can visit some of our helpful blog posts:
- 27+ Magento 2 SEO Tips – Search Engine Optimization A to Z Checklist
- Magento 2 SEO Settings – The All-in-One Definitive Guide 
Finally, if you need help, please do not hesitate to contact our Development Team.