Are you looking for the best loyalty program apps? This Shopify loyalty apps article is for you!
When it comes to your eCommerce business, building customer loyalty is one of the most important things. Everyone knows that it is way cheaper to drive existing customers to buy again than to find new customers. In fact, research shows that it is five times cheaper to retain customers, and loyal customers spend 67% more than new ones.
The key to customer retention is an impressive loyalty program. A program that allows your customers to gain rewards will make your store more attractive. But if you are doing your business on Shopify, you can find over 600 results for the “customer loyalty app” on the Shopify app store. How do you choose? We have done some research for you. In this article, we will review the 9 best Shopify loyalty apps, so you can be informed to choose the most suitable app.
- 1 What is a Customer Loyalty Program?
- 2 List of Top Best Shopify Loyalty Apps
- 2.1 BLOOP: Referral & Loyalty by BSS Commerce
- 2.2 Growave: Loyalty & Wishlist UGC by Growave
- 2.3 BON Loyalty Rewards Referrals
- 2.4 UpPromote: Affiliate & Referral by Secomapp
- 2.5 Smile: Rewards & Loyalty by Smile.io
- 2.6 Marsello by Marsello
- 2.7 LoyaltyLion Rewards & Referral
- 2.8 Gift Cards & Loyalty App by Rise.ai
- 2.9 Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards by Swell Rewards
- 3 Best Shopify Loyalty Apps Must-Have Key Features
- 4 How Shopify Loyalty Apps help your eCommerce business?
- 5 Conclusion
What is a Customer Loyalty Program?
Customer loyalty refers to a customer’s willingness to purchase from a brand repeatedly as a result of positive customer experience and customer satisfaction. A customer loyalty program will help push customer loyalty by providing rewards to customers who frequently visit and purchase products and services from a store.
There are so many types of rewards that customers may be given through a loyalty program:
- Discounts or Coupons
- Free Merchandise
- Free shipping
- Points or on-site currency
- Access to unreleased products
Any brand can benefit from a loyalty program. However, internet retailers usually can earn bigger value from a loyalty program.
List of Top Best Shopify Loyalty Apps
Here is our collection of the 9 best Shopify loyalty program apps.
|BLOOP: Referral & Loyalty||Growave Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews UGC||BON Loyalty Rewards Referrals
||UpPromote, Affiliate & Referral||Gift Cards & Loyalty Program||Smile: Rewards & Loyalty||Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards||Loyalty, rewards and referrals||Marsello|
|Price||Starting at $20 per month||Starting at $9 per month||Starting at $15 per month||Starting at $29.99 per month||Starting at $19.99 per month||Starting at $49 per month||Starting at $29 per month||Starting at $119.99 per month||Starting at $49 per month|
|Provider||BSS Commerce||Growave||Smartify Apps||Secomapp||Rise.ai||Smile.io||Swell Rewards||LoyaltyLion||Marsello|
|Free Trials||7-day free trial||14-day free trial||3-day free trial||14-day free trial||7-day free trial||7-day free trial||No||14-day free trial||14-day free trial|
|Easy to use||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Display promotional offers||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Deliver personalized offers||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
Let’s find out about 6 Best Shopify Wishlist Apps
And for more details of each app, you can read the content below.
BLOOP: Referral & Loyalty by BSS Commerce
Standing on the first in our list of best Shopify loyalty apps is BLOOP: Referral & Loyalty provided by BSS Commerce Shopify. With BLOOP, you can create and launch a Shopify referral and loyalty program in minutes, boosting the power of word-of-mouth marketing, increasing sales, and enhancing customer loyalty through rewards. BLOOP makes it easy to refer friends and redeem loyalty points. BLOOP also integrates seamlessly with your favorite apps. Our customer support team is ready to assist you with anything from setup to technical issues.
- Automate the rewards process for both referrers and referees
- Customize the design and content of social sharing and email messages
- Create referral programs with different rules for specific customers and products
- Encourage customers to earn and redeem points for repeat purchases
- Monitor and report the revenue and success of referrals
- Free forever plan: referral page & popup, loyalty program, rewards/coupon expiration setup, scam detection, branding, translation.
- Basic plan: $20/month: all free forever features, change email/domain sender, multiple referral rules, post-purchase widget, scam detection, remove watermark.
Growave: Loyalty & Wishlist UGC by Growave
Growave Loyalty &Wishlist is a multipurpose app that helps you build a strong marketing presence.
This Shopify loyalty app can add product reviews that can be integrated with Google Shopping. You can also add a wishlist and social login functionality to your website.
Therefore, it can help you improve your website performance by reducing the additional codes.
Growave awards reward points for several actions of your customers. The basic reward is for purchasing products in your store. Customers also get points when they encourage friends and family to buy in your store.
You can set the number of points your customers are rewarded.
This app can also help you improve your store’s conversion rates with photo reviews, Instagram feeds social proof, etc.
- Build a strong loyalty program
- Reward points to customers for numerous actions
- Improve your store’s Google Shopping results with integrated reviews
- Included Wishlist, referral program, and other advanced functions
They have 4 plans to choose from; each plan has an external list of features.
- Basic plan: $9 per month, up to 75 orders/month, all features: loyalty & rewards, referral program, wishlist, reviews, Instagram UGC, social login.
- Starter plan: $19 per month, up to 150 orders/month, all features.
- Medium plan: $49 per month, up to 500 orders/month, all features plus 24/7 live chat support, phone support.
- Enterprise plan: $299 per month, up to 1000 orders/month, medium plan feature list plus Klaviyo integration, Omnisend integratio.
BON Loyalty Rewards Referrals
BON Loyalty Rewards Referrals is also recommended as one of top best Shopify loyalty apps which has a wide range of solutions to encourage customers to spend more with a referral program to drive sales, a VIP program that enhances customer satisfaction; & many more. Everything can be customized to match your branding: loyalty widget, page, email, content, etc. Also they regularly update in-app features based on customers’ suggestions.
- Encourage customers to buy again by giving them points for online and POS purchases
- Create fully-customized rewards with expiry dates, that can be combined with discounts
- Display loyalty widget and automated emails in over 250 languages at the same time
- Get advanced features at affordable prices (loyalty page, point expiry, VIP Tiers)
- Enjoy fast and responsive 24/7 customer support (our reviews prove it)
Free plan forever and 3-day trial for paid plans.
- Lite plan: $15/month: Advanced loyalty program, POS fully integrated, advanced branding: landing page, hyperlink, 250+ languages, all integrations, 500 monthly orders
- Growth plan: $99/month: All features in Lite, VIP Tiers (with customer perks to drive purchases), unlock custom CSS (with assistance from our dev), unlimited orders
- Professional plan: $349/month: All features in Growth, advanced program & email branding (contact us), advanced custom development (contact us), support priority
UpPromote: Affiliate & Referral by Secomapp
UpPromote Affiliate & Referral is the top of the best loyalty app for Shopify stores, offering various marketing solutions to support you in building, tracking, and succeeding with your marketing campaign.
With UpPromote, no technical knowledge is required. You can easily build a professional affiliate campaign by generating unlimited commission programs. Also, you can quickly create and assign coupons/ referral links for affiliates/ influencers. To manage your campaign, UpPromote allows you to track every click, and order from affiliates with various tracking methods and a reliable tracking process.
Furthermore, you can easily approach potential affiliates with Uppromote. The highlight feature of UpPromote is UpPromote Marketplace where you can find the affiliate’s profiles and free list your offers here.
- The customer referral feature allows your customers to promote your products without the need to join any affiliate program. It helps you boost sales with positive word-of-mouth as well as connect to your loyal customers
- Expand the affiliate team by free listing on UpPromote Marketplace; or with a
- Multi-level Marketing feature.
- Simple to set up: The quick onboarding process and guideline systems will help you understand basically how things work.
- Auto-generate referral affiliate links and coupons.
- Manage your affiliate performance by in-app analytics with details of affiliate clicks, sales, etc.
Free plan available for unlimited affiliates. 14-day free trial for all paid plans
- Grow Affiliate plan: $29.99/month – Review 300 referral orders/ month + Grow features
- Professional plan: $89.99/month – Review 600 referral orders/ month + Professional features
- Enterprise plan: $199.99/month – Full-featured package with custom development available
Smile: Rewards & Loyalty by Smile.io
Smile: Rewards & Loyalty will reward your customers by providing them with on-site currency when they shop. They can spend that currency on new shopping trips to your store.
Your customers can be rewarded in-site currency for other activities, for example, social sharing or registrations, etc.
You can design the customer reward area to make it more aligned with your store and give your visitors a familiar space.
This is recommended as the best loyalty app for Shopify that lets you create a referral or VIP program to keep customers loyal.
It is extremely versatile. You can set the exchange rate and expiry times for your in-shop currency.
You are able to integrate with advanced marketing tools to improve loyalty schemes.
- Create a wide range of loyalty programs
- Reward your customer with in-shop currency
- Set the exchange rate and expiry dates for in-store currency
- Connect your loyal programs to advanced marketing apps to create complex campaigns
- Create social proof
- Encourage customers to refer a friend
- VIP program
- In-app analytics
Pricing: They have 4 plans to choose from, each plan has an external list of features.
- Free plan: Up to 200 monthly orders, no monthly fee, points & referral programs, visual customizations, default rewards emails, analytics overview
- Starter plan: $49 per month, up to 500 monthly orders, advanced branding, customizable reward emails, nudges (on-site pop-ups), 2 integrations (e.g. Klaviyo, Okendo)
- Growth plan: $199 per month, up to 2,500 monthly orders, plus $20 per additional 100 orders, VIP program, loyalty landing page, points expiry, free product rewards, unlimited integrations, and points redemption at checkout (Shopify Plus)
- Plus plan: $999 per month, up to 7,500 monthly orders, plus $5 per additional 100 orders, powerful reporting tools, segmentation & exports, priority support, api access, preferred pricing for multiple stores
Marsello by Marsello
Marsello is also one of top best loyalty apps for Shopify that can help you enact a retention marketing automation campaign that can work across both eCommerce and POS.
It combines your loyalty program with data-driven automation to offer smart, targeted marketing campaigns.
You can use that data to send one-off campaigns or create longer-term campaigns.
Marsello users see an average of 45x ROI.
This best loyalty program app for Shopify doesn’t use a point system. Instead, customers will be rewarded with special offers and deals when they take certain actions.
Therefore, you can reward your best customers only.
- Reward your best customers only
- Design professional-looking campaigns with the easy drag-and-drop builder
- Send automated emails to win back at-risk customers, welcome new customers, offer birthday special deals, etc
- Send one-off SMS or email marketing campaigns
- They don’t have a free plan.
- The paid pro plan starts from $100 per month, based on the customer database size and the number of eCommerce/POS sites connected: 4,000 monthly orders included, unlimited members, access additional rewards and support, Multichannel loyalty
LoyaltyLion Rewards & Referral
LoyaltyLion Rewards & Referral can take care of the loyalty aspect to keep bringing your customers back. There are several ways to do it. For example, it can send unique discount codes to former customers.
You can design the app’s templates so the look of the reward system and coupons can match your branding. You can add product images to it even.
This Shopify loyalty app allows you to build a loyalty program where customers get points for each purchase they make.
You can set the number of points they are rewarded per purchase. And you can set an expiry date for those points, too, to push your customers to use their points quickly.
You can integrate with third-party referral apps to offer points when customers refer their friends and families.
- Build loyalty programs that can reward customers with points
- Entice customers to refer their friends and family with rewards
- Customize the look of the reward system and coupons
- Design shopper notifications
- A powerful dashboard of analytics
- Multi-language support
Pricing: They have 4 plans to choose from, each plan has an external list of features.
- Free plan: 800 monthly orders included, unlimited members, access to the basic loyalty features, add advanced features from $5/month
- Small Business plan: $159/month: 800 monthly orders included, unlimited members, kickstart your loyalty program with our core features
- Classic plan: $399/month: 2,000 monthly orders included, unlimited members, take your loyalty program to the next level
- Advanced plan: $729/month: 4,000 monthly orders included, unlimited members, access additional rewards and support, multichannel loyalty
Gift Cards & Loyalty App by Rise.ai
Gift Cards & Loyalty helps you build enhanced store credit programs that include rewards, gift cards, referrals, and loyalties to enhance your customer loyalty programs.
This loyalty app allows you to offer gift cards to your customers through email and instant messenger.
You can set the rules for your loyalty programs. There are no limits on how you can adjust the rules to improve loyalty, retention, and satisfaction.
You can also use it to start a referral and affiliate marketing program. So that when your customers refer a friend, they will be rewarded.
And you can offer gift cards for returned items instead of paying back the customer.
- Easy to use
- Reward customers with gift cards and store credit
- Versatile rewards system
- Setup automated rules to reward customers
- Send a bulk gift card and bulk discount campaigns
- Referral and affiliate marketing
- Issue gift card refunds or store credit for returns
- It can be used both online and offline
- No code skills required
- Integrates with other apps
Pricing: They have 4 plans to choose from, each plan has an external list of features.
- Starter plan: $5 per month, $0.2 per order above 100: 100 monthly store orders included, advanced gift card program, manually issue store credit, referrals
Small business plan: $59.99 per month, $0.15 per order above 400: 400 monthly total store orders, starter plan feature list plus claim page customization, check balance page
- Pro plan: $199.99 per month, $0.1 per order above 2,000: 2000 monthly total store orders, small business feature list plus apply store credit button, bulk gift card creation
- Premium plan: $599.99 per month, $0.05 per order above 12,000: 12000 monthly total store orders, all pro plan featuré plus multi-store gift cards, white labeling
They don’t provide a free plan, but you can use the 7-day free trial to test it out.
Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards by Swell Rewards
Like most of the famous Shopify loyalty apps, Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards can reward your customers for more than 15 unique actions, and some actions that aren’t available on other apps are possible with this app.
Those actions include writing reviews, referring friends, interacting on social media, etc. By involving the customer in so many ways, you can build loyalty, improve SEO, gain insight, and promote your store all at the same time.
This app is really easy to use, and it offers a 30-day trial, so you can test it out as much as you want.
It is easy to customize, too. And their developer team can help you build your loyalty program exactly as you wish.
Swell is free for stores with under 100 orders per month
- Reward customers with more than 15 unique actions
- Build a powerful, customized reward system
- Build a customized referral Program
- Increase engagement with VIP tiers
- Integrate with all email service providers
- Create paid membership
- Great support from the development team
- Free plan: Plan available to stores with fewer than 100 monthly orders: rewards sticky bar, earn points for purchases, points for creating an account, referral program
- Gold plan: $199 per month, $0.20 per order after 500 total orders per month: dedicated rewards page, more ways to earn: Instagram follow, birthday and more, redeem points at checkout, Klaviyo & recharge integration
Best Shopify Loyalty Apps Must-Have Key Features
Before we talk about the app options, let’s quickly review five must-have features in the best Shopify loyalty program apps.
Those features are:
- Easy to use: The best tip for designing an amazing loyalty program for your store is to keep it simple. That is why the best Shopify loyalty program apps should be easy to sign up for and easy to use.
- Display promotional offers: The main reason customers sign up for loyalty programs is because they are looking for great deals. An amazing loyalty app should do a good job of displaying to customers relevant promotional offers.
- Deliver personalized offers: Nowadays, one-size-fits-all offers aren’t customers’ favorites anymore. What they really love is personalized offers. So a great loyalty app should also show such personalized offers to customers.
- Social sharing: Social sharing is an important component for the success of your loyalty programs. The app should make it easy for customers to share their experiences on social media.
- Professional help: At some points, when you are building your website, you may run into some problems. If that happens, it would be better if the app’s customer support system is countable.
How Shopify Loyalty Apps help your eCommerce business?
There are a lot of benefits you can win through a customer loyalty program. Those advantages can help you identify the most profitable segment of your business’s customer base.
Here are some benefits of a customer loyalty program:
- Retain existing customers: This is the main purpose of a customer loyalty program. As mentioned above, it costs 5 times less to retain existing customers.
- Acquire new customers: Even though a loyal program focuses on retaining existing customers and increasing repeat orders, it also can attract new customers.
- Move customers up the buying ladder: A loyal program can systematically move your customers up the buying ladder by converting first-time buyers into repeat buyers and keeping your repeat buyers spending more.
- Win back lost customers: Over time, a certain percentage of customers will be lost. A loyal program can help you identify, target, and bring them back.
- Increase the lifetime value: When the frequency of customer shopping increases, the lifetime value of your customer will automatically increase.
- Identify your best customers: A loyalty program app for Shopify stores in particular helps you identify your best customers. Then you can observe patterns in their behavior and use them to improve your business.
- Create your best brand influencers: Your best customers are the potential candidates to be your brand influencers. By identifying them, you will take the first step to creating your brand influencers.
- Set you apart from the competition: With a loyalty program in place, it will be harder for your competitors to steal your customers.
- Reduce advertising costs: When you know who your best customers are, you can target your advertising to the right audience. This information will help you cut down on advertising costs.
A loyalty program can help you sell more and keep customers coming back to your store. Therefore, it is always a great idea to use a Shopify loyalty program app in your store. Above, we have reviewed the 9 best Shopify loyalty apps. But it depends on your needs to decide which one suits your store the best.
We hope this article can give you a good overview of some of the best Shopify loyalty program apps for your online business. Best of luck to you!