As you know, the structure of the Magento hierarchy includes 4 levels called Global, Website, Store, and Store View. Being a Magento user, you can specify this hierarchy in multiple systems, which means you can create multiple websites under a single Magento instance, a website can contain Magento multiple stores, and a store can be divided into many store views with different languages.
Today, we will explore more absolute knowledge about Magento multiple websites, Magento multi stores, and multiple store views to take a detailed and precise look at each level.
GET AN OVERVIEW OF Magento 2 hierarchy NOW for the deepest understanding!
All Definitions You Should Know
Magento 2 Multiple Websites
Magento 2 Multiple Website means that you can run more than one website from the similar Magento installation. Let assume that you want to sell furniture and electric equipment at the same time; you will create two websites furniture.com and electricequippment.com, for example. Thus, these two websites are called multiple sites under one complete Magento installation.
- What are the Advantages of Magento 2 Multiple Websites?
When you set up more than one website, you can get more flexibility and convenience to take stores in your control because you need to manipulate in a single admin dashboard.
– Share the data between websites
– Change every aspect of the customer experience, including the ability to manage an entirely different set of customers for each Website
– Manage report, orders to the customer base and checkout configurations
– Manage separate inventory
– Manage separate shopping cart between multiple websites
With Magento 2 multi websites, you can widen your business with a lot of products without complicated management due to all gathering in only one admin dashboard.
READ Magento 2 multi website THOROUGHLY to comprehend when you should utilize this function!
Magento 2 Multi Stores
A store is a child of a Magento 2 website and a website can include a lot of children called Magento multiple stores.
If we run Magento multiple stores, we can have different products and categories in different stores. For example, you are selling various clothes for both women and men, then you create 2 separate stores, each of which provides particular clothes for a specific gender.
However, there is something Magento 2 multistores cannot function such as:
– cannot have specific payment/ shipping methods for each store
– cannot change the tax structures within Magento multiple stores
– cannot manage a separate inventory with stores
– cannot manage ANY configuration settings between Magento multiple stores
With Magento Multi stores, it is more convenient for selling diverse types of products, widening the volume of business under an easy-to-follow structure.
- Some Benefits of Magento Multi Stores You May Be Interested In
Despite those drawbacks, Magento 2 multi-stores offer users tons of strong points that are essential to your business development:
– Allow selling different good types on the same web domain. Moreover, you can also manage all product statuses on a single admin panel.
– Multi stores can have different product categories.
– Include necessary attributes such as check-in, check-out, selective pricing, and add to cart option.
– Easy to setup Magento multistores. You don’t have to log-in to vast admin panels to manage purchases and customer behavior.
If you want to create Magento multiple stores to optimize your product management, don’t hesitate to check how to add stores in Magento User Guide.
Magento 2 Multiple Store Views
Magento 2 Multiple Store View is included in one store of each website with the ability to have localization support. It means that one store will have different store views along with particular languages to sell products more conveniently for local communities.
Take the furniture.com as an example. You want to provide various products on this website such as tables, sofa, and wardrobe. It will be better for you to create a separate category for each of them.
Therefore, you can use different subdomains for these 3 kinds of products such as tables.furniture.com, sofa.furniture.com, and wardrobe.furniture.com. These are 3 stores on a single website and are also called multiple websites.
Depending on your target market, you will set up specific store views to provide more support for these customers.
For sofar.furniture.com, if you want to direct your products to some countries that have primary languages like English, Spanish or French, corresponding store views set up are English, Spanish and French ones. One store view is per language. They are called multiple store views of one store under a website.
- What Can Your Store Benefit from Multiple Store Views?
It cannot be denied that Magento 2 multiple store views help customers to understand products and do the purchase process more efficiently. However, different store views also bring a lot of convenience and benefits for store owners such as:
– Set up different prices for the same products in-store views of one store by using Magento extension.
CHECK OUT Multistore Pricing Extension to sell a product at various prices per store view.
– Store View will cope with everything that can be solved only by applying the design/template directory on the server or language pack.
– Remain category structure between store views
– Generate more sales due to enhanced shopping experience via language support.
– Check out with the display currency of each store view.
Also, for the reason that your store views are purposed to enhance the shopping experience in markets with various languages, it is essential for you to be like-native when translating web content into your customers’ mother tongue. Then, multiple store views can be optimized and bring as many benefits as possible for your business.
- About Magento 2 Multiple Store View Pricing by BSS Commerce
We suggest here a perfect solution for you to leverage your multiple store views’ features.
Specifically, when using Magento 2 Multiple Store View Pricing, not only can admin users set separate prices for the same product on each store view, but you will also get support for configuring base currency per store view.
– Enable different prices, special prices, and tier prices for a product per store view of Magento 2 store.
– Making the checkout with a base currency of each store view more convenient and comfortable than ever.
– Be compatible with Magento 2 Catalog Price Rule per Store View extension.
Compare Magento 2 Multiple Websites, Magento 2 Multi Stores vs Multiple Store Views
Magento multi store views and multi website share the following things:
– Operate under a single admin panel
– Share the same customer accounts
We will take a look at what makes Magento 2 multi website – stores – store views different in this table:
Furthermore, you can also consider more specific differences between Magento 2 Multiple websites and multiple store views in details:
In conclusion, Magento 2 Multiple Website and Magento 2 Multi stores/ Store Views are fundamental factors for store owners to start their own e-commerce business. Let’s consider carefully about demands, products, target market, and so on to make the right decision.
BSS Commerce is one of the leading Magento extension providers and web development services in the world. With experienced and certified Magento developers, we commit to bring high-quality products and services to optimize our business effectively.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.