Businesses must invest in the membership program to expand the customer base, attract new customers, and retain old customers without spending too much. It is simply understood as a membership created by companies to encourage customers to continue shopping or generate value for themselves in the long run. There are many Shopify membership programs in this day and age, each of which will bring different benefits to you. Many people have had trouble finding the best Shopify membership app for themselves. If you buy an app with poor quality and high prices, you will be very disappointed.
Using Shopify membership apps, you can grant your users access to restricted areas on your Shopify store, such as content blocks, pages, posts, specific products or entire collections, and so on, only if they purchase the corresponding membership plans.
So how do you choose the best membership app for Shopify? The following article helps you make the right choice and provides valuable information about the membership program to help you increase loyal customers and increase revenue.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Why Should You Use A Shopify Membership App?
- 2 Review Top 4 Best Shopify Membership Apps
- 3 Differences Between Membership and Subscription Box Business
- 4 Cost For Having The Best Shopify Membership App
- 5 Conclusion
Why Should You Use A Shopify Membership App?
One of the most effective methods is to encourage customers to buy again and again, right from the start of their customer lifetime. Subscriptions and recurring purchases eliminate many reasons for churn and attrition in the e-commerce business model.
The first step to building a brand, satisfaction of customers, and revenue for your business is to attract and keep loyal customers. Because they drive more conversions and spend with their trustworthy brands, they also share, go viral, and tell their friends and colleagues about those brands, which helps drive free referrals. Each company will have membership cards that bring different benefits to loyal customers, so choosing which company has the best Shopify membership app needs to be considered by various criteria.
Boost your sales and customer loyalty by letting your customers refer their friends, get rewards and loyalty points by social media shares with BLOOP: Referral & Loyalty
Quality Marketing Campaign
According to research by Frederick Reichheld of Bain & Company: The cost for businesses to acquire a new customer is about 5-25 times higher than selling to a customer who has been using the current service. Moreover, according to analysis, statistics show that old customers spend 67% more than new customers. Therefore, building a loyalty program will bring businesses the following benefits: Increase connection with users on every interaction channel; Increase brand recognition and brand reputation in a more positive direction; Reduce costs for marketing activities.
Keeping Loyal Customers
To develop a brand, good products, and quality marketing campaigns are not enough. You also have to build close relationships with customers. Because today’s shoppers have many choices between brands, if your business has impressive products, meets customer needs, and has impeccable customer service, they will surely stick with your brand.
Currently, many business people think that if they run their business, they will find many new customers but accidentally ignore old customers who have purchased goods. The business of finding new customers is not wrong, but old customers are the ones most likely to buy. The cost of finding and persuading new customers will always be higher than for existing customers.
Purchases with discounts or promotions always stimulate the buying behavior of users. Moreover, this promotion is done once but many times. And yet, you can do it for a long time through incentive programs for customers with preferential cards, making them trust and stick with the service of the business.
Not only that, the stores focus on quality customer service, and customers always appreciate after-sales service. Through incentive programs and points, the store shows its gratitude to customers and helps to strengthen long-term relationships with customers. Relationships will become stronger if these incentive and gratitude programs are built systematically, realistically, and with a long-term vision.
Review Top 4 Best Shopify Membership Apps
|Wholesale Pricing Manager
Read more to know about: Best Shopify Subscription Apps?
The first app on the best Shopify membership app list is Bold Membership. To specify, you can use this app to run any type of membership on your store and charge a recurring membership fee for it. For example, sophisticated memberships display different content, blogs, or change something on your site to simple memberships for offline services like fitness classes, piano lessons, or any other membership type. Luckily, this app does everything!
Furthermore, a membership app is an excellent choice for stores that want to go the DIY route and create their programs and integrations. It is recommended that Shopify stores that choose Bold look at the entire Bold ecosystem of apps to see if there are opportunities to combine several of them to get more value from the system.
- Show or hide specific pages
- Display or hide individual blog posts, blog categories, or an entire blog!
- Specific products or entire collections can be displayed or hidden.
- Product prices can be displayed or hidden.
- Display or hide the add-to-cart button
- Any page’s liquid templates can be changed.
- The use of Tags on customer accounts is the primary site functionality that makes this work so well. Furthermore, the publication of hidden content can only be viewed by customers who have those tags. As a result, your site can begin publishing content invisible to those who do not pay – but visible to those who do. It is practical and straightforward.
- The lack of direct integration with the Shopify shopping cart is a major stumbling block.
- You cannot use the Product Upsell App for the membership program, which is highly frustrating and unusual given that the Product Upsell App is a Bold Commerce App.
- 14-day free trial
- Starting from $9.99 per month
Bold is ideal for retailers who want to pick and choose which features they want on their platform. Primarily, they’re also suitable for VIP pay-to-play programs.
SpurIT Wholesale Pricing is an all-in-one solution for managing wholesale pricing and membership manager on your Shopify store. It includes a slew of features to help you manage your wholesale pricing strategies, such as auto-tagging, email marketing, and an unlimited number of wholesale statuses. This app will assist you in creating multi-tiered pricing for your wholesale store without duplicating your products.
Besides, customers will receive price adjustments based on their spending value, purchase quantity, purchase frequency, and location. In addition, you will have access to live chat support for the app 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Last but not least, if there is a new status assignment, you will receive an immediate notification letter. Allow this app to be a valuable resource for your wholesale store.
- Provide you with a plethora of wholesale statuses
- Set a percentage or monetary discount rate that has the same value.
- Set multiple price levels for the same product at the same time.
- Send notification letters to users to notify them of a new status assignment.
- Allow customers to purchase discounted products for separate collections.
- Set multiple wholesale price points for the same product.
- The app does not duplicate products and is compatible with the vast majority of inventory management apps.
- It was simple to set up, and the Support team quickly answered any questions.
- Not work on the collection page and with other discount codes.
This app is ideal for running a business-to-business store. Besides, it is an excellent choice for stores seeking a fully optimized and customized VIP program covering all bases and includes world-class expert input. Larger brands with ardent fan bases may benefit disproportionately from using this platform.
- Pricing: 8-day free trial.
- Basic Plan: $19.95 per month
- Priority Plan: $28.95 per month
Membership By AAAecommerce, published by AAAecommerce Inc, is a valuable tool for all Shopify store owners who want to set up a membership for their store. This best Shopify membership app allows you to create an unlimited number of recurring membership levels, which you can then use to protect your pages and collections. This app also allows you to show or hide the selected content, such as pages, groups, and the add to cart button.
Furthermore, you can auto-tag members on specific pages and collections based on their level of membership. Again, by using Membership, you can configure it to have both free and paid membership. You won’t have to worry about security because payment for a paid membership will be made through Stripe.
You can also accept one-time membership payments through Stripe because the Membership application supports both one-time and recurring fees. On top of that, payment history will be saved and accessible via the transaction menu from the app dashboard.
- Protect your pages, collections, and products so that only your members can access them.
- Assign pages and collections to the membership you’re making.
- Non-members who visit a protected page will be prompted to log in or join.
- Paid membership payments are processed securely by Stripe.
- Supported payments on time or on a recurring/subscription basis.
- Excellent support team.
- This app will assist your store in converting your store into a membership store, allowing your customers to become members and unlock additional storage areas.
- Only support PayPal and Stripe.
- The setting is not easy.
AAA Membership + Wholesale B2B meticulously is ideal for retailers who want to track ROI on their loyalty program meticulously and have access to testing and automation features.
- 7-day free trial.
- Starting from $7.99 per month
Thinkific ‑ Online Courses
Thinkific ‑ Online Courses is another best Shopify membership app. It includes a drag-and-drop website builder to help you create your entire website. The platform allows for the use of a complete e-commerce system that is directly integrated. A unique feature of their platform is instant access to your funds. So, once you’ve earned your first dollar, you can withdraw it directly to your bank account without incurring any fees.
This platform, which specializes in online courses, allows you to add multiple instructors and choose between taking private or hidden classes. It provides excellent marketing tools to assist you in increasing your revenue, including mail marketing, a dedicated affiliate system, analytics, and retargeting campaigns. The platform manages all of your marketing campaigns from a single dashboard.
Furthermore, you can create custom pages and restrict access to them based on a user’s membership plan, which is extremely useful if you want to deliver one-time content on an ongoing basis.
- Increase the value of your knowledge by expanding that connection and monetizing it into a new revenue stream.
- Boost product sales
- Courses can be easily created and customized to match your brand.
- Make membership sites your own.
- Have drag and drop page builder and template library
- Integration of Automation Tools
- Improve the user experience for students
- Profits are available immediately.
- Highly Modifiable
- Support is only available via email and has a limit on the size of the video and file uploading.
- It is one of the best standalone membership site builders in the Shopify App Store.
- Basic: $49 per month
- Pro: $99 per month
- $499 per month
- So on
Many of the essential membership features (such as bundles, subscription pricing, communities, and so on) require the PRO plan, which costs $99 per month.
Eber: Loyalty & Gift Card is a Shopify store’s innovative member system. With Eber, you can easily reward, engage, and understand your customers. It includes a comprehensive loyalty and rewards system, as well as marketing and analytic tools. You can automate your member program.
To specify, Eber will add a member widget to your store once it is installed. Members can use the device to check their member points, view a list of rewards, and redeem them.
Besides, by importing a list of one-time-use discount codes, you can automate reward redemption. When a member redeems a reward, Eber will assist in their distribution. We will also keep track of how the code is being used. You will know who saves and uses a specific discount code.
Finally, you can program a welcome message and a birthday message to be automatically sent. There is an in-built marketing tool that allows you to send a one-time email or SMS campaign.
- Loyalty points distribution
- Integrated Shopify rewards
- Capable of engaging shoppers through a member widget
- Analyze customer purchase
- An integrated marketing tool that allows you to send a one-time email or SMS campaign
- Can program a welcome message and a birthday message to be automatically sent
- By importing a list of one-time-use discount codes, you can automate reward redemption.
- Purchases are automatically captured.
- Not many users and reviews yet.
- Have a high price.
- No variety of pricing plans.
- Eber – Loyalty & Membership is appropriate for both offline and online businesses. It includes retail businesses, hotels, food and beverage franchises, restaurants, shopping malls, theme parks, Aesthetic clinics, and many others.
- 14-day free trial.
- Shopify Edition: $178 per month. It will cost $1,815.60 once per year ($151.30 per month) if you pay annually.
Does your company want to use membership cards to increase sales revenue? Do you want to keep your customers coming back? POS Membership is unquestionably the way to go. A POS membership comes with a slew of incredible benefits.
First, the app generates loyalty points to encourage merchants to return. The app allows buyers to earn points for each product purchased, which are then accumulated on their membership card. When their points reach a certain level, they will be eligible for discounts on future purchases.
Second, POS membership enables shop administrators to update the membership status based on the points collected by customers. Furthermore, administrators can establish clear rules so that your store does not encounter issues with the process of calculating points for customers. Finally, POS membership allows you to use mail configuration to send the most up-to-date information to customers.
- Create loyalty point rules and provide merchants with membership cards.
- Configure your email.
- Allow admin to redeem loyalty points.
- Can add clear rules for adding points.
- Only the admin user could add loyalty points to customers’ members (not all employees), as well as change the email text and custom design (color)
- An excellent choice for brands looking for easy integration, a limited but precise rewards system, and the ability to structure rewards within their program
- Have been able to add the rule based on the purchase amount
- Not many users and reviews yet.
- No variety of pricing plans.
- POS Membership is ideal for retailers looking for a do-it-yourself solution that rewards a limited set of behaviors and appeals to customers motivated by transactional benefits such as discounts.
- 7-day free trial.
- Pos Membership costs $9 per month. If you pay annually, it will cost $99 per year.
Differences Between Membership and Subscription Box Business
A membership: is paying money to become a member of a club, an activity, or a service location to receive some sort of service or privileges for a specific time. In contrast, a person can physically join a gym or a golf club after purchasing a membership plan that meets their needs. The way membership cards work is similar to subscription box businesses, which are based on recurring payments. However, there are specific differences between these two forms.
In addition, when finding out which is the best Shopify membership app, you need to find out about the packages of that service, such as monthly or yearly packages. When signing up for a monthly package, the benefits and benefits of that package will be less than the annual package. But if you sign up for a monthly plan, you will have more time freedom, more flexibility.
Otherwise, subscription boxes are based on providing digital experiences through the use of cutting-edge software. There is no official definition of a subscription box; even Wikipedia’s entry on the subject offers a hazy and overgeneralized definition. Customers, on the other hand, tend to define it as “monthly delivery of cool stuff that I like in a box.” The lack of an official definition stems from the fact that a subscription box focuses on a consumer retail concept rather than business models.
Almost every subscription plan is available digitally. The Subscription Model was introduced by companies such as Netflix. Netflix established a particular club for on-demand online streaming services, which can be accessed via Digital Subscriptions from anywhere in the world.
Cost For Having The Best Shopify Membership App
When you choose membership apps, each app will have different prices. So to choose the best Shopify membership app, you need to find out the benefits that the app will bring. From there, we can compare the help of the apps and make the best choice.
In addition, the membership apps will all be divided into different prices based on the subscription period. If you sign up for a 1-month package, you will not receive a discount. If you sign up for a 3-month or 1-year package, you will receive a 10 to 20% discount. To choose the most suitable application, you need to decide how long you will use it. If you decide to use it for a long time, you will usually get a more significant discount than short-term use.
As for the quality of the membership card, you need to ask yourself the following questions: “what benefits will it bring me?”; “What amenities do I need?” or “what benefits will I never use?”. That will depend on each person’s personal opinion.
In addition, the price assessment for a Shopify membership app has not yet brought objectivity to those who need to use it. Therefore, we need to learn about other users’ app reviews to have an objective view of the product. From there, you can choose to use a membership app that best suits you, both in terms of price and quality.
With the Shopify membership apps, the possibilities are virtually limitless. You can offer subscriptions and save deals so that customers can save even more money if they subscribe to your service. It can also help improve conversions on your website and customer retention, resulting in significant cost savings.
Businesses using the best membership app for Shopify stores have got almost 400 members instead of 100 as a target. More than that, these enterprises would have probably abandoned the program if they had only signed up 20 or 30 people.
If you’re an e-commerce seller looking for ways to add a high-margin product, increase site traffic, provide excellent customer service, and stabilize your income, consider launching a membership program.
When it comes to the best Shopify membership app, there are numerous options available, making selecting the right app difficult and overwhelming. That is why I advise you to keep things simple! First, look into hosted membership software, which is much easier to use and will work well for most creators. BSS Commerce Shopify hopes this guide aided you in making a decision.
Keep reading: 25 Best Shopify Blog Themes