Are you an ambitious eCommerce entrepreneur seeking to expand your business and reach new heights of success? If so, consider creating Shopify multiple stores to tap into new markets or better manage your growing business.
However, the idea of managing multiple stores may seem daunting, leaving you with questions such as “How do I create and manage multiple Shopify stores?” and “What are the potential challenges I should expect?”
Fear not, because in this article, we’ll provide expert tips and guidance on successfully creating and managing multiple Shopify stores.
Whether you’re a seasoned Shopify merchant or just starting, you’ll gain insights into why you may need multiple stores, how to create them, and the potential pitfalls to avoid.
Sound goods? Let’s explore!
- 1 Why should you create Shopify multiple stores?
- 2 Can you run multiple Shopify stores under one account?
- 3 Challenges of running multiple Shopify stores
- 4 Why Shopify Plus is an ideal choice?
- 5 How to create multiple Shopify stores: upgrade to Shopify Plus
- 6 How much does the Shopify Plus store actually cost?
- 7 The bottom line
- 8 Shopify multiple stores – FAQs
Why should you create Shopify multiple stores?
Opening multiple shops may seem like additional work and expenses. Don’t worry! In fact, having numerous stores can be a game-changer for business owners looking to expand their online presence. Here are just a few of the benefits you can reap from creating Shopify multiple stores:
Expand your business globally
Expanding your business internationally with Shopify multi-stores is a smart move that can open up a world of new opportunities for your brand. But here’s a friendly reminder: don’t assume that people from other countries will have the same shopping behavior as your local customers.
To truly succeed in international markets, you must understand your target audience in each country, such as:
- Unique shopping habits
- Consumer needs
- Local language
- Local culture
- Lifestyle issues
For example: If you’re selling products in Canada, you can feature regionally-exclusive products and display prices in CAD. And if you’re targeting customers in an Asian country, you’ll need to adopt a different strategy altogether.
The good news is that creating a separate Shopify store for each country can help you achieve this. With Shopify multiple stores, you can easily customize your shop for any market you’re interested in, ensuring that your website and product offerings are localized for each audience.
Source: Shopify Plus
And if you still need convincing, consider these statistics updated in 2023: there are 6,455,887 Shopify websites, with 4,159,344 being live sites.
Regarding eCommerce, Shopify holds a 21% market share and ranks as the 2nd eCommerce technology globally.
Interestingly, millions of Shopify merchants are located in 175 countries and generate billions of dollars in revenue, significantly contributing to the global economy.
You may have already grasped the significance of these numbers, which is why you’re considering opening a second, third, or even fourth Shopify store.
Able to duplicate products
Unlike other eCommerce platforms, Shopify allows you to set the same products in your second store as long as it is still under one credential. And for the brand name, the same name is not possible as the store name is unique and by default.
Reach diverse audiences and niches – Experiment with different strategies
One of the four significant advantages of setting up Shopify multiple stores is the ability to reach diverse audiences and cater to specific niches.
For instance, if you sell beauty products, you could set up one store catering to people interested in skincare and another focusing on makeup. This approach can help you target customer segments and provide a more personalized shopping experience.
Moreover, creating multiple Shopify stores allows merchants to experiment with various marketing strategies and test new products. Instead of risking their business on a new product or marketing campaign, they can launch it in a different store and see how it performs.
Creating multiple Shopify stores allows merchants to experiment with various marketing strategies for new products.
Explore new markets
The idea of exploring a new market is fascinating, especially with the popularity of B2B and dropshipping. It’s no wonder you’re curious! There are so many opportunities for entrepreneurs to branch out into different markets. Setting up multiple Shopify stores allows you to take advantage of these opportunities and reach even more customers.
If you decide to go for it, you must create a separate store for each market. But with a little effort and dedication, the rewards can be significant.
Diversify your revenue streams – Reduce the potential risk
Are you relying on a single source of revenue? Just think that your business may be vulnerable to market fluctuations, changes in consumer behavior, or unexpected events like supply chain disruptions. However, by diversifying your revenue streams through multiple Shopify stores, you can spread out your risk and minimize the impact of any single factor on your business.
For example, you sell accessories like handbags or scarves in your primary Shopify store. If your sales slow down due to seasonal factors, you may need help maintaining a steady revenue stream. However, you have a second Shopify store that sells handmade jewelry. In that case, you can leverage that store to generate additional revenue and offset any losses from your first store.
>>> In light of everything we’ve discussed, it’s clear that Shopify is a fantastic platform that can provide profitable opportunities for online merchants.
But can you open a second Shopify shop with the same Shopify account? How many Shopify stores can you have? And does running Shopify multiple shops have any challenges? Stay tuned for answers to these questions in the next part.
Can you run multiple Shopify stores under one account?
The answer is NO with three plans including Basic Shopify, Shopify, or Advanced Shopify!
This means that each new store you make will require a new account, which also means two stores, two sets of settings, and two paid plans.
However, the positive aspect is that Shopify permits using the same email address to create multiple stores, enabling you to easily switch between them by logging in to your Shopify admin.
The only option to have Shopify multiple stores on one account is to upgrade to Shopify Plus. If you have a more significant business with high traffic and a budget of $2,000 per month for your eCommerce solution, then Shopify Plus may be your solution.
Source: Shopify Plus
Not to mention, this plan offers unlimited stores, with 10 included in the base plan. However, if you need more than 10 stores, you’ll have to pay an additional $250 per month for each one.
>>> Curious more about Shopify vs. Shopify plus
Challenges of running multiple Shopify stores
Every coin has two sides, and the same goes for Shopify multiple shops. While there are benefits and drawbacks, certain aspects shouldn’t cause you much trouble, especially if you are already familiar with this competitive market. Here are some important things to keep in mind as you embark on the journey of opening multiple Shopify stores:
- Time commitment: While expanding your business reach may seem like a good idea, it’s essential to consider the time commitment required to manage them effectively. Ensure you have enough time and resources to give your shops the attention they need to succeed.
- SEO challenges: Managing multiple Shopify stores means you’ll have to put twice as much time and effort into building two strong domains and dealing with on-site SEO.
Ensure you have enough time and resources to give your second Shopify shop the attention it needs to succeed.
- Cost: Understanding the financial implications of running multiple shops on Shopify is a must, as creating and maintaining them can be costly.
For example, if you have two stores and are on the Basic plan, which costs $29/month, you will be paying $58/month. Similarly, three stores will cost $87/month, and so on.
On the other hand, upgrading to Shopify Plus with the same account starts at $2000/month.
- Inventory Management: Keeping real-time inventory updates is crucial, especially with multiple Shopify stores. While it may take some extra effort to update inventory on both sites for products sold, it’s worth it to avoid the frustration of customers ordering out-of-stock products.
- Systems integration: Adding more stores to your Shopify system will give you more components to consider. Integrating other systems you use, like ERP or POS, can be challenging with each additional store you create.
Why Shopify Plus is an ideal choice?
Are you feeling limited by your current Shopify plan? It’s time to upgrade to Shopify Plus. This platform is designed to help fast-growing brands achieve their revenue goals and effectively manage their online stores. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, here are some more reasons to consider Shopify Plus, but not limited to:
- Platform integration: An omnichannel approach to eCommerce is essential for today’s customers to manage all the products from one platform. Shopify Plus allows you to integrate with 80+ marketplaces and over 100 social media channels, including eBay, Etsy, and Pinterest.
- Unlimited bandwidth: With the capacity to process as many as 500,000 hits per minute and up to 6,000 checkouts per minute, Shopify Plus manages significant surges in traffic.
Shopify Plus can increase your conversion rate by up to 91% from the first day.
- Customized checkout: With Shopify Plus, you can customize your checkout process and increase its speed by up to 4X times. This means you can make more sales with Shop Pay, which has the highest conversion rate of any checkout on the internet.
- Lower transaction fees: You can enjoy lower transaction fees of 2.15% + $0.30 per transaction, which is up to 0.75% – 0.25% lower than other Shopify plans.
- Increased conversion rates: You can attract more shoppers looking for products like yours with data-targeted audiences across popular social marketplaces. This can result in an increase in your conversion rate by up to 91% from the very first day.
>>> More details about Shopify Plus Benefits that you should know
Here are some famous brands using Shopify Plus to scale up their business successfully:
Besides, running your multi-stores with Shopify Plus also means having access to a dedicated merchant success manager who can answer any questions you may have along the way.
And with Shopify’s commitment to providing exceptional support, you can be confident that your store is in good hands and you’re getting the most out of your Plus plan. Don’t hesitate any longer! Let’s move on to the next step and upgrade to the next level with Shopify Plus!
How to create multiple Shopify stores: upgrade to Shopify Plus
To develop numerous stores in your Shopify organization admin, upgrading to Shopify Plus is necessary as it is only available to this plan. Contact the Shopify Plus customer support team to start the process. After that, a specialized consultant will assess your needs and recommend the best action.
Your dedicated customer support agent and launch engineer will then work with you to map out your transition plan, whether building a new site or multiple sites. Your team will work together to ensure your site is ready to launch and provide ongoing support.
Once your Shopify Plus store runs, Store management access will be added immediately.
Here is how to create multiple Shopify stores in the same account with just a few simple steps:
Step 1: From the Shopify organization admin, click on “Stores“.
Step 2: Click on “Create store“.
Step 3: In the Store type section, select the purpose of your new store.
Step 4: In the Store details section, enter a name and URL for your new store. Note that the URL cannot be changed later.
Step 5: (Optional): Choose apps to pre-install on your new store.
Step 6: To import themes, follow these steps:
- In the Themes section, click on “Import themes“.
- Select the themes that you want to import.
- (Optional) From the Choose a theme to publish in your new store list, choose the theme that you want to use for your new store.
- (Optional) If you don’t want to import files, simply uncheck Import all files from this store.
- Click “Done“.
INTRODUCING EURUS – THE FAST, FEATURE-RICH AND MOBILE FIRST THEME FOR SHOPIFY!
Step 7: To import store staff, follow these steps:
- In the Users section, click “Import users“.
- Select the staff members that you want to import.
- Click on “Done“.
Step 8: Finally, click on “Create Store” to end the process.
All done! You can now log in to the new store and start adding details.
How much does the Shopify Plus store actually cost?
Looking to take your second store to the next level with Shopify Plus? As you consider your options, you’ll want to consider the two most popular types of fees: per project or hourly. While hourly is more common, it’s worth exploring retainer contracts as well, especially if you have ongoing needs.
Of course, the development cost varies depending on many factors, from the complexity of your project to the developer’s location.
For example, outsourcing Shopify Plus development to Vietnam has become increasingly popular among European online firms, thanks to high-quality services at a significantly reduced cost.
To give you a general idea of pricing:
- Basic Shopify Plus development can range from $6,000 to $40,000
- Custom development can run from $12,000 to $100,000
- For larger enterprise projects, the price can go beyond $100,000
- Hourly rates for developers typically fall between $65 and $150 (rate of international market).
- Maintenance rates are usually between $80 and $125 (the rate applies to the international market).
The price left you overwhelmed, right? Therefore, if you’re looking for an affordable Shopify Plus development agency, consider BSS Commerce Shopify.
Our rates are highly competitive, but the quality is top-notch — with over 10 years of experience working with 22,000+ clients across the globe, including B2B and B2C clients.
We specialize in helping enterprises design and build their Shopify Plus store from scratch and handling migrations and custom development projects. Here are just a few of the ways we can help:
- Deliver a new Shopify Plus store
Our experts work closely with you to understand your user experience and business needs, providing valuable insights to help supercharge your eCommerce store and elevate your brand on Shopify Plus.
- Migrate to Shopify Plus
If your current eCommerce platform no longer meets your business needs, we can help seamlessly and securely migrate your store to Shopify Plus.
- Integrate existing systems
Powering your Shopify Plus store by integrating third-party systems like CRM, ERP, and marketplaces. We aim to provide a seamless and unified eCommerce experience for you and your customers.
- Maintain & Optimize the Shopify Plus store
We don’t just stop at building your website. Our team provides ongoing maintenance services to keep your store running smoothly and avoid security vulnerabilities. Plus, we work to optimize your store for maximum sales potential.
Moreover, we offer real-time resource availability to help you meet your highly scalable requirements. Ready to take your second store to the next level? Contact BSS Commerce, and let us accompany you on your Shopify Plus journey!
We understand that setting up Shopify multiple stores can seem daunting, but with the proper guidance and expert tips, it can be a manageable and profitable endeavor. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily create multiple stores on Shopify and streamline your business operations.
So, if you have any questions or want to discuss your project further, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you, and we are sure that with professional support, you can optimize and develop your stores for success and stay ahead of the competition. Thank you for reading!
Shopify multiple stores – FAQs
Can you have multiple stores on Shopify?
Absolutely YES! You can have several Shopify stores by creating different Shopify accounts. And you can open as many Shopify stores as you want. However, if you wish to have multiple stores with one account, upgrading to Shopify Plus is a must.
Can you have two Shopify stores on one domain?
YES, it is. Shopify enables you to create a seamless shopping experience for your customers by having all your stores under the same domain name. However, each store operates as an independent entity. If you want to set up multiple Shopify stores using the same domain, you will need to use subdomains.