In the competitive business landscape, the satisfaction of customers is the key to beating your competitors. Offering them a smooth shopping experience, from in-store to online, is one effective method. Shopify POS Go is an equipment that helps you do that. Keep reading this article to learn more about Shopify POS Go.
- 1 What is Shopify POS Go?
- 2 Who should use Shopify POS Go?
- 3 The main features and specifications of Shopify POS Go
- 4 The pros and cons of Shopify POS Go
- 5 Supported payment types for POS Go
- 6 The price of Shopify POS Go
- 7 All needed steps to use Shopify POS Go
- 8 4 Crucial Shopify Pos Go Hardware
- 9 Conclusion
What is Shopify POS Go?
Shopify POS Go is a device that can be considered an all-in-one handheld mobile POS device. POS Go has a bundle of functions, namely payments, fulfilling in-store pickups, a barcode scanner, a card reader, etc.
Who should use Shopify POS Go?
In general, Shopify POS Go is suited for all businesses. However, it is the best fit for small to medium retailers who are looking for:
- A simple yet robust point-of-sale system
- An all-in-one device that can help them with all tasks, such as managing inventory and staff
- A solution to strengthen relationships with customers and reward loyal customers
The main features and specifications of Shopify POS Go
In this part, we will detail the features and specifications of Shopify POS Go. The information will help you decide whether to buy or not. Let’s get started!
Product and warehouse management
The very first feature of Shopify POS Go is product and warehouse management. This device makes it easy for you to add, organize, and keep track of products. You can put your products into groups, add variations, and allocate inventory to different sales channels. Moreover, you can manage shopping carts, exchange goods from anywhere, and add your store’s information to printed receipts easily with this device.
Shopify POS Go is a solution for smart inventory management. You can easily keep track of your products because this device gives you personalized recommendations based on your store sales data. You will receive an alert whenever the stock level is low, and you can refill the inventory in time.
Making payments anywhere
With Shopify POS Go, it is convenient for both store owners and customers to make a payment. It provides a number of payment options, such as traditional credit card swiping, credit card taps, and even chop inserts. Shopify Payments handles all of your transactions, so you can be sure that every time you check out, it will be safe and easy.
Besides, buying POS Go allows transactions to be made everywhere. The reason is that the design of POS Go is so thin, with a built-in 1D/2D barcode scanner and reader. You don’t need a separate card reader or scanner. All you have to do is add items to a customer’s cart and then accept tap, chip, and swipe payments.
Shopify POS Go is a helpful tool to manage your staff. This device allows you to keep an eye on your staff’s access and performance. Setting permission, handling staff accounts, or giving employees custom roles can all be done with POS Go.
Shopify POS Go allows store owners to create customer profiles and follow their purchase history. Based on this information, you can personalize service and reward customers to build a stronger relationship with them. Besides, the data on average order value or shopping frequency can be useful when you build marketing campaigns.
Reporting and analysis
The last feature of Shopify POS Go is reporting and analyzing real-time data. It will provide you with information about sales, profit margins,… You can view and export this data on the dashboard. It also allows you to customize reports and metrics so that they fit with your business’s goals.
Specifications of Shopify POS Go
|POS station, barcode scanner, card reader
|Qualcomm SDM 665 processor
|5.5″ HD display
|3960 mAh (quick charging)
|Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac @ 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
The pros and cons of Shopify POS Go
Before deciding to buy Shopify POS Go or not, you should consider its pros and cons.
Pros of Shopify POS Go
- It’s easy to use on the go because it’s small and portable
- A barcode scanner and card reader that is built in make transactions easier
- It takes many types of payments, such as credit card swipes, credit card taps, and chip inserts
- All transactions are safely handled by Shopify Payments, a payment platform that meets PCI standards
- Gives businesses access to store-level reports that let them keep an eye on how their stores are doing
- It is simple to keep track of inventory and handle transactions from the gadget itself
- The quick-charging battery says it will last all-day
- It comes with a powerful Qualcomm SDM 665 chip for fast computing
Cons of Shopify POS Go
- Shopify sellers in the US who have enabled Shopify Payments are the only ones who can use it
- Not compatible with gear that has Bluetooth
- Extras like the POS Go Case and an extra printer can make the total price go up.
- The $399 price tag may seem high to some retailers when compared to other point-of-sale (POS) choices
- Shopify only lets you use its own built-in POS software, and it might not let you customize it as much as other POS systems
Supported payment types for POS Go
POS Go supports a variety of payment methods. To be more specific, they are:
- Visa and Visa Debit
- Mastercard and Mastercard Debit
- American Express
- Discover (USA and Canada only)
- Diner’s Club (USA and Canada only)
- Interac (Canada only)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
Besides, the national debit cards, which are co-branded with Visa or Mastercard, can be used as well.
The price of Shopify POS Go
The price of Shopify POS Go will have differences in different countries. However, in general, the price is about $299 with POS Go and the price for POS Go Mobile Kit is $319. However, some add-ons can make the price higher when you purchase POS Go such as the POS Go Case which is $39 (not including tax). Besides, there are fees for every debit and credit card transaction made in person. These fees start at 2.7% + 0¢ and depend on your current Shopify price plan.
All needed steps to use Shopify POS Go
To use Shopify POS Go in the right direction; let’s follow the instructions carefully:
Set up Shopify POS Go
After buying Shopify POS Go, you need to set it up. Even when you are not tech-savvy, you can do it by yourself because it is so simple. Below are the steps:
- Step 1: Ensure that you have charged it and pressed and released the power button to power it on.
- Step 2: Select the country in which you tend to use this device
- Step 3: Connect Wifi for Shopify POS Go
That is all the steps you need to do to set up the POS Go!
Process a Sale with Shopify POS Go
The next one is to process a sale with Shopify POS Go. Follow these steps:
- Choose products from your store and add them to the cart. Then, click on “Checkout” from the Cart screen to start proceeding
- Now, let your customer tag, swipe, or enter their cart to pay
- After the sale ends, take the customer’s card away and decide if you want to print a receipt
Scan with Shopify POS Go
You can scan products, scan order receipts, and scan gift cards with Shopify POS Go.
- Scan products: Press and hold the left or right scanner button on the POS Go. Bring the barcode to the device. All related information will be displayed on the screen
- Scan the order receipt: To use Shopify POS Go to scan an order receipt, first scan the barcode on the receipt. This will bring up the screen with the order information. From here, it’s easy to see how much the items cost and other information about the sale
- Scan gift cards: You can quickly see how much money is left on a gift card with Shopify POS Go by reading the barcode. When you check out, you can choose to pay with a gift card and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the purchase
4 Crucial Shopify Pos Go Hardware
Here are 4 Shopify POS Go hardware you can consider to buy:
- POS Terminal: This is the main piece of POS technology that handles all of your customers’ transactions when they buy something at your store. A desktop computer, tablet, or small device are some of the different forms the terminal can take
- Barcode Scanner: An optical reader that can read the information in a barcode is called a barcode scanner. A barcode reader helps stores figure out how much to charge customers at the register
- Credit card reader: A credit card reader is necessary for purchases that happen in person. When you let people pay with credit cards, you should make sure that your card reader is EMV-compliant and that all of the data is protected for safety
- Receipt Printers: There are a lot of POS hardware devices that can work with different ticket printers. A receipt printer basically lets customers get a hard copy of the purchase information
In conclusion, Shopify POS Go is an excellent device for businesses so that they can bring exceptional experiences to customers. BSS Commerce Shopify hopes that we have provided you with an informative article about Shopify POS Go.
Read more about Shopify POS: