Shopify not only stands out as an easy-to-use e-commerce platform but also offers a variety of Shopify pricing plans to suit a wide range of customers. That is why it is always a strong option for selling products online.
However, the variety in plan packages also confuses store owners when choosing. Expensive doesn’t mean to be suitable for your store. It has to be the right one for your store’s size and budget. Understanding that we will go into detail about Shopify plans and suggest stores that are suitable for each plan.
Let’s get started now!
Shopify Pricing Plans: Overview
Shopify began as an e-commerce platform, allowing merchants to sell products online without building their eCommerce solution. To handle transactions safely and quickly, business owners can integrate Shopify’s API into their site or route traffic directly to their dedicated Shopify website.
Moreover, the opportunity to pick from a range of plans is one of Shopify’s advantages for most types of business owners. With so many Shopify plans to select from, you’re bound to find one that fits your budget and requirements. As strong as the Shopify ecosystem is, it’s also simple to get started. As a result, there is a solution for companies of various sizes and selling needs.
Shopify pricing plans include five options for store owners to select from. Basic Shopify, Shopify, Advanced Shopify, Shopify Lite, and Shopify Plus are the options. Each Shopify plan has unique features tailored to different business sizes. This section will solely include the pricing estimates for the first four Shopify plans, with monthly costs ranging from $9 to $299 per month.
>>> Check out Shopify pricing plans
- Shopify Lite, which costs $9 per month, allows you to sell on an existing website.
- Shopify Plus is intended for businesses and costs $2000 per month. This plan will then be described in a subsequent section because it is meant explicitly for enterprise-level retailers.
Furthermore, Shopify charges credit card and transaction fees on your purchases, but you can still avoid the transaction costs entirely if you utilize Shopify Payments, Shopify’s payment system. But we’ll go over that in greater depth later. Please remember that Shopify does not charge manual payment options like cash on delivery or bank transfers.
You also have the option to try out Shopify for free for 14 days before committing to any Shopify plans.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these Shopify pricing plans below!
What Are The Differences Between Shopify Pricing Plans
|Shopify Lite||Basic Shopify||Shopify||Advanced Shopify||Shopify Plus|
|Monthly Pricing||$9||$29||$79||$299||Starting from $2000|
|Transaction Fees Per Online Credit Card||2.9% + 30 cents||2.6% + 30 cents||2.4% + 30 cents||Based on your credit card sale volumes|
|Transaction Fees Per In-Person Credit/Debit Card||2.7%||2.7%||2.5%||2.4%|
|Features||Sell in-person (via POS lite) or add a buy button to their existing website||– 2 staff account
– Up to 4 inventory locations
|– 5 staff account
– Up to 5 inventory locations
|– 15 staff account
– Up to 8 inventory locations
– Third-party calculated shipping rates
|– Online store
– International eCommerce
– Omnichannel commerce
– Headless commerce
– Campaign and sales
– Retail & POS
– B2B eCommerce
|Shopify Shipping discount||Up to 77%||To 88%||Up to 88%|
|Global Selling||– Sell in 133 countries
– Sell in up to 20 languages
|– All features from Basic Shopify
– International domains
– International pricing
|– All features from Shopify
– International pricing (per variant pricing)
|Best For||Businesses already have the website/ Dropshipping||Beginners||Growing companies with minimal sales requirements||Store with significant sales||Businesses with a large volume of transactions|
Basic Shopify provides you with your Shopify-hosted storefront and is an excellent starting point. It’s also ideal for merchants who don’t want to sell large quantities of merchandise. This is the most cost-effective pricing scheme for an extensive product line. Shopify does not impose limits on the number of products or file storage, so you can sell as many physical or digital things as you like.
It lacks more advanced capabilities, such as Professional reports, Advanced report builder, and third-party determining shipping prices.
However, it is still an excellent location to start your business because you can simply progress to more extensive plans as your company expands.
- These include a configurable webshop, an unlimited number of product listings, two staff logins, and support for sales channels outside of the Shopify ecosystem.
- Be able to manually input orders, establish separate location entries (for warehouses and physical stores, for example), offer gift cards,
- Construct email tactics to remind consumers of unpurchased products in their shopping cart.
Basic Shopify cost:
- $29 per month with monthly payments
- $26 per month with an annual plan
- $23.25 per month if you pay two years in advance
Basic Shopify is the most acceptable option for a beginning. It includes all of the tools needed to launch a modest to medium-sized online business.
Everything in the Basic Shopify package is included in the Shopify plan. Specifically, it has a professional report generator and support for up to five employee accounts. The only benefit of the Shopify plan is the decreased transaction fees, but the upgrading isn’t worth it unless you have a high volume.
Besides, before upgrading to this plan, you should check your Google Analytics because it’s free and will offer you an explicit knowledge of your online store’s performance (and whether upgrading to the Shopify pricing plans makes sense).
- Allow you to create up to 5 staff accounts more significant than the Basic Shopify plan’s three accounts.
- Include assistance with gift card transactions and sales and performance reports.
- Moreover, offer professional reports in particular. These figures will surely provide you with a better insight into your customers’ purchasing habits, allowing you to build better marketing strategies to increase conversion rates.
- $79 per month with monthly payments
- $71 per month with an annual plan
- $63.25 per month if you pay two years in advance
Shopify plan unlocks the full capability of the Shopify system and is designed for businesses with a more rigorous set of requirements when selling online (and in-person)
If your company requires a more comprehensive collection of tools for selling online, in-store, and on the go, Advanced Shopify may be the ideal answer for you. You’ll get everything from the previous Shopify plans and more with this plan. Extensive Shopify has 15 employee logins, advanced sales and performance reports, and third-party shipping calculations that show clients how much they’ll spend in real-time.
Another advantage of an Advanced Shopify subscription is paying fewer credit card costs. Besides, instead of paying a 1% cost for utilizing providers other than Shopify Payments, you’ll just have to pay a 0.5% fee.
It’s also the most outstanding solution for international selling because it lets you set different prices for each country/region.
- Enable you to connect third-party shipping providers to determine Shopify shipping charges at checkout. In this manner, your consumers may choose the carrier with the lowest shipping costs to save on the total cost of the transaction.
- Plus, obtain a sophisticated report builder, which allows you to change default reports and create new ones.
- Include an extensive report builder to create your professional reports.
Advanced Shopify cost:
- $299 per month with monthly payments
- $266 per month with an annual plan
- $235 per month if you pay two years in advance
The Advanced Shopify pricing plan is ideal for large companies and organizations. As your company expands, you may need to invest in more advanced capabilities to deal with an increase in in-store traffic. This is where the Advanced Shopify pricing plan shines as the cream of the crop to assist you in improving store management.
Shopify Lite is an excellent choice for businesses that are just getting started with online sales or those who do not have a full-fledged e-commerce firm but want to sell a limited number of items online.
A Shopify Lite subscription makes it simple to establish an e-commerce presence. Because you won’t have access to a specific Shopify page, all you’ll need to do is add callouts to your existing site. If you want to sell things in person, you may acquire a credit card reader to make it easier to sell no matter where you are.
Even better, a Shopify Lite account interacts effortlessly with your existing social media presence, notably on Instagram and Facebook.
- Provide a buy button on WordPress, Squarespace, Tumblr, and other prominent web hosting’ sites making shopping as simple as one click on your website is a great way to start.
- Utilize Facebook Chat to boost your sales with Shopify Lite.
- Place and fulfill orders through chat and offer real-time order updates.
- Able to add a purchase option to your page, enticing followers to buy things in a few simple steps.
Shopify Lite costs $9 per month and provides the fundamentals of Shopify’s essential components.
Shopify Lite is intended for people who already have a website and want to sell it. Using Shopify Lite’s Buy Buttons, you’ll be able to integrate individual products, product collections, and a shopping cart directly on your site. However, unlike the Basic, Shopify, and Advanced subscriptions, you will not receive an entire storefront.
Finally, if you’re a high-volume multichannel seller with yearly revenues of more than $2 million, a company that requires volume-focused sales tools, or if you manage many country-specific or wholesale websites, Shopify Plus may be for you.
You will have the opportunity to fully utilize a dedicated project manager, an account manager, individual support contacts, and so on.
Furthermore, you will be offered a dedicated Launch Manager and an ongoing Merchant Success Manager to assist you in optimizing your Shopify site. Shopify pricing for this plan is quote-based, dependent on your sales volume, from the monthly subscription price to transaction fees.
Clearly, Shopify Plus is a good option for high-growth businesses and large corporations such as Rothy’s, Heinz, and Allbirds.
- Include everything in the lower-level plans.
- Have the ability to accept over 10,000 orders per minute.
- Manage multiple websites from a single management dashboard.
- Offer customer-based pricing, including wholesale tiers, customize the user experience with AI technology, and customize shipping processes.
- Additionally, the specialized support staff will assist you with the launch and give priority assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Shopify Plus pricing starts at about $2000 per month, a significant increase above Shopify Advanced ($299). If you require further information regarding this ultimate tier, please contact the Shopify Team directly.
Shopify Plus is an enterprise option for companies looking for a scalable eCommerce platform. This plan is a whole ecosystem of products meant to assist a large business in selling better or starting to sell online in the most efficient way possible.
Shopify Pricing Plans: Types Of Additional Costs
In addition to paying a subscription for Shopify pricing plans and transaction fees, other fees vary from business to business. Here are some of the most common examples.
Shopify is a bespoke hosting service that lets you create your website to display, sell, and deliver digital or physical goods. For a monthly charge, you can rapidly set up a fully functional online store with a shopping cart solution and an easy-to-use admin panel for managing your products.
However, there are various needs for starting a profitable internet business. While Shopify’s plans make designing a website relatively simple, numerous other chores must be completed to have a functional website. For a non-Shopify expert, setting up payment systems and other back-end development duties may not be as simple as they appear.
A Shopify development can assist you with several specialized and critical tasks such as website development & customization, theme development, migration, upgrade and maintenance, app development, and so on.
Read More: Today’s Popular Shopify Development Services That You Should Know for more information about service types.
When scaling up your Shopify business, it’s vital to combine many aspects of your total internet presence, sales and marketing funnels, and other technology. This might include connecting your Shopify store to social commerce platforms like Facebook or Google, as well as improving compatibility with CRM tools or whatever else you use to nurture leads and customers.
In addition, third-party applications save you a lot of time and effort thanks to their automatic and efficient features. In particular, compared to upgrading to Shopify pricing plans which are too expensive, using third-party applications will be more affordable and economical. Even if you use Shopify Plus, taking advantage of a third-party application is still necessary because it cannot replace your apps.
BSS Commerce, for example, can take care of integrating third-party payment gateways, integrating bespoke functions, or APIs. The developer can help your online business grow by linking it with other systems or third-party programs such as ERP, CRM, marketplaces, payment gateways, and more.
Indeed, BSS apps receive positive feedback, including a 5-star rating from Shopify customers. You can look at some of the applications that BSS Commerce has created, such as Product Labels & Badges or B2B/Wholesale Solution. Thousands of clients trust BSS programs due to their unique features, which assist in making their store more professional and enhance sales.
Free themes are a terrific place to start for young entrepreneurs, but as your online business grows and sales increase, so will your requirements. The next logical step is to upgrade to a premium Shopify theme. In our opinion, the sooner, the better, as changing the style of your store may cause some disturbances in your business operations while you get adjusted to your new theme.
There are many reasons why you need a premium theme in addition to Shopify pricing plans. Perhaps your catalog is expanding, and you want a more comprehensive solution for displaying items. Or you’re seeking a plethora of ready-to-use design alternatives or built-in functionality.
Regarding features, premium theme features vastly outnumber free themes, whether it’s a “fast buy” button, homepage slideshow, integrated Instagram feed, or embedded video.
Ideally, you should employ a professional to create and adapt the theme to your taste. Therefore, a premium theme is the only way to obtain it.
How To Choose The Reputable Shopify Developer?
Too many options in the market may overwhelm you, making it more challenging to make the right decision. Instead of playing the guessing game while feeling overwhelmed by every upcoming decision, the best way to make wise choices is to know precisely what you need.
Check out our list of the five most crucial factors to consider when selecting a Shopify developer to work with on your project.
- Examine the reviews on all platforms.
- Check out their entire portfolio to see what kinds of Shopify sites they can provide.
- Before you begin reaching out to possible candidates, you should have a clear understanding of the purpose of your Shopify store and your business goals.
- Inquire whether they are up to current on new technology.
- Last but not least, price is a vital factor to consider in Shopify web design, as it is in any form of purchase. Especially as a business owner, you must always be mindful of your budget.
Should I Use Shopify Plus For Wholesale?
You may set custom pricing, payment methods and personalize the client experience with Shopify Plus – one of Shopify pricing plans. Because this is Shopify’s solution, even if you have hundreds of wholesale customers, everything is straightforward to handle, comprehend, and maintain. You can also utilize Shopify Flow, which comes with Shopify Plus, to automate some of your back-office tasks and make your team’s lives easier.
However, Shopify Plus pricing is too expensive for creating wholesale Shopify sites. Meanwhile, you can eventually employ third-party software to save money while still ensuring a proper wholesale solution to assure clients’ purchasing experience.
Furthermore, although other Shopify plans (Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify) do not provide the same capabilities as Shopify Plus, they’re still great for creating a small-scale B2B store with the potential to develop.
What Is The Cost Of Shopify Development Service?
As noted above, the cost of the Shopify development service is included:
- Hiring Shopify professionals ($25 – $200/ hour)
- Shopify pricing plans ($29-$2000 per month)
- Payment processing cost (starting from 2.7% per transaction)
- Shopify theme /template (Free – $240)
- Shopify apps ($10 – $150/app/month)
- Content cost
Shopify development expenses will generally range from $500 to $10000 or more. Keep in mind that your construction costs will rise if you generate more sales and use a third-party payment solution.
See more specific costs for each part at How Much Does Shopify B2B Website Development Cost? [Step-By-Step Divided].
In summary, Shopify pricing plans have quite distinct price differences. So, the size and performance of your store will help you decide on the right strategy. To have a fully functional Shopify eCommerce business, you must incur unavoidable charges such as domain name registration, theme cost, payment fees, and extension cost.
In addition, development costs are also essential if you want to enhance your customers’ shopping experience. Remember that the growing e-commerce market means that customers have endless choices. In this case, even a slight difference will make your store stand out.
You’re probably estimating Shopify’s cost for your online business right now. Based on the comparison of the pricing tiers we’ve shown you, I hope you can select the best pricing plan for your company.