In an increasingly competitive marketplace, the fastest way to elevate your business to international heights is by breaking down language barriers, creating significant value, and delivering exceptional shopping experiences. Fortunately, Shopify offers a plethora of translation apps for your store, ranging from free to paid options. Let’s take a look at our collection and find the Shopify Translation app that best suits your needs.
- 1 Definition of Shopify translation app
- 2 What does a Shopify translation app value to your store?
- 3 Shopify translation app to expand your business: Top picks for 2023
- 4 Final thought
Definition of Shopify translation app
A Shopify translation app is a software application specially designed for Shopify online retailers that enables them to translate and localize their stores into multiple languages. Typical types of website content, like product listings, descriptions, checkout pages, and other relevant information, might be automatically translated into the desired languages, making it understandable and accessible to customers from different linguistic backgrounds.
The best Shopify translation app offers many robust features that allow businesses to tailor their translations. This ensures that every content and message will be conveyed accurately while maintaining the context and tone of the original language. These are useful tools for businesses that want to expand their markets abroad, contributing to increasing revenue and improving customer satisfaction.
What does a Shopify translation app value to your store?
Target international audience
A Shopify translation app provides more than 100 popular languages, which helps you break down language barriers and reach potential customers all over the world. Every eCommerce business doesn’t have to worry that customers will misunderstand the content or message conveyed on the website. Targeting international audiences is the first step in a market expansion strategy to various countries, as well as increasing market share, and making a higher profit.
Maintain a good relationship with customers
It is so terrible if a customer is interested in and wants to buy a product on your online store but can not make the purchase because your website does not provide their native language. In that case, customers will switch to other stores that support their purchases in multiple languages. So, it is necessary to install a Shopify translation app on your eCommerce website to ensure that online shoppers can understand and navigate the content easily. This provides a seamless experience for your customers and engages them to stay longer in your online store to explore products and make purchases.
Save time, cost, and effort
Shopify’s multilingual application can translate your website content into a number of different languages automatically, quickly, and accurately. Translation apps are available on the Shopify App Store with a lot of pricing plans, allowing you to choose the best one that fits your business budget. Moreover, with these valuable tools, you don’t need to hire professional translators for each language, which helps you save money and have more time to concentrate on managing your business.
Improve SEO efforts
A multilingual website enables your business to reach customers from many countries and regions, creating a large amount of organic traffic for your website. Localized content can help your store rank higher in search engine results for relevant keywords in different languages.
Easy to manage and maintain consistency
Translation apps on the Shopify App Store often come with user-friendly interfaces, allowing store owners to handle translations without technical or programming knowledge. You are also able to manually or automatically modify, update, and add translations through these apps. These translations ensure that all of the terminologies and messages are synchronized throughout the website, maintaining consistency across your store content and creating a cohesive brand identity.
Shopify translation app to expand your business: Top picks for 2023
In this section, we will show you the collection of the 7 best translation apps Shopify with a brief review of benefits, key features, and pricing plan. Read on and pick one that meets your business needs and start your global expansion journey.
|Free Plan Available?
|T Lab – AI Language Translate
|Transcy: AI Language Translate
|LangShop AI Language Translate
|Langify – Translate your store
|langify GmbH & Co. KG
|G | translate
|Weglot – Translate your store
|Shopify Translate & Adapt
|Free to use
T Lab – AI Language Translate
The T Lab is at the top of our list with its ability to translate both currencies and content for online stores. Thanks to Google NMT (neural machine translations), you can translate your store into the maximum number of languages Shopify allows. T Lab also provides a user-friendly interface, multilingual support, and easy integration, making it easy for merchants to edit and save translations. Another reason we highly recommend this app is quick problem resolution from the support team.
- Using Google Neural Machine translations engine to convert content and currency into many languages.
- Seamless integration with your Shopify store, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer service
- Ability to translate images into many languages
- Easy to edit and customize translations
Let’s take a look at the collection of 5 best Shopify customer service apps to boost sales.
Translation Lab has four pricing plans, all plans offer free AI Translations for 3000 products, 1000 collections, 1000 articles
- Free: Translation Lab offers a free plan that allows merchants to install this app at no cost, and add 20 languages to their store with unlimited manual translation and AI translations for 1 language.
- Pro: $9.99/month, includes Free plan plus free AI translation for 5 languages, bulk translate product options and variants, browser language detection, import/export.
- Business: $19.99/month, includes all features in Pro plan plus Free AI Translations for 10 languages, add multiple currencies, unlimited glossary, image, 3-party-apps, and custom translations
- Premium: $29.99/month, includes Business plus Free AI Translations for 20 languages, premium Development Support, theme Customizations
We recommend that store owners who have a large volume of content should upgrade to the paid versions to take advantage of all the extensive features and tools of this app.
Transcy: AI Language Translate
The Transcy Shopify translation app is the best choice for businesses looking for a global expansion solution. This app supports multi-language and currency making the online store more accessible and understandable to diverse audiences worldwide. Transcy provides a wide range of features that allow you to convert your website content into the local language and currency and edit or adjust translations easily and seamlessly.
- Real-time currency and language converters help create accurate translations quickly.
- Helps store speak to customers efficiently by translating and replacing image tools.
- Offer a Geolocation auto-detect system to easily customize or edit translations and show prices in visitor’s currency.
Transcy offers your business a 7-day free trial to explore all of its features and ensure that it fits your needs and goals or not. After that, if you decide to continue using this app, there are a free plan and a range of paid versions for you to choose from, all plan offers unlimited words and pageviews. They are:
- Free: Free to install with unlimited auto AI translations, 1 language & 1 currency, 3-party-app translations, Shopify Payment integration, and basic switcher setting.
- Basic: $11.90/month, includes Free plus unlimited advanced AI translations, 2 languages & 167 currencies, edit translation for 1 language, multilingual SEO, advanced switcher customization, currency setting & auto redirection, and 24/7 live chat & email support.
- Growth: $29.90/month, includes all basic features plus 111 languages, edit translation for 5 languages, Glossary, basic Auto upgrade translation & replace image, and language auto-redirection.
- Premium (most popular): $ 59.90/month, includes Growth plus priority server, edit translation for 20 languages, advanced Auto update translation & replace image, and customer success manager
- Enterprise: $599/month, includes all Premium features plus unlimited translatable products, unlimited glossary rules, unlimited advanced auto update translation, unlimited advanced replace image, priority technical support, and all special features.
LangShop AI Language Translate
If you are a newcomer in the eCommerce industry and looking for a Shopify translation app that does not require coding skills, LangShop is the best option. With AI translation tools integrated, such as Google Translate and DeepL, this app enables you to translate typical types of content, like product detailed information, payment, Shopify notifications, and Shopify Metafields into many different languages, giving customers an excellent shopping experience on your Shopify store.
The app has 156 currencies available allowing you to sell to customers from all over the world. LangShop is a super user-friendly app that is easier to set up and manage than other Shopify translation apps. This application also received a lot of positive feedback from merchants because of its quality and responsive customer service. They are always ready to support you with any problems to ensure that everything is running seamlessly.
- Translate all the web pages by clicking the switch button and choosing a language in the dropdown menu of different languages.
- A Geolocation Recommendation Banner displays personalized content tailored for customers from specific regions or countries.
- Integrating with Google Translate and DeepL and supported by Neural Machine Translation engines for pro and quality translations
- Professional support 24/7
The LangShop AI Language Translate app also provides a free plan and three paid options including Basic, Standard, and Advanced to suit your business budget and strategy.
- Free: install at no cost with edit translations for 1 language, auto AI/manual edits of 50 products, unlimited manual translation of other content, basic switcher, multilingual SEO, and basic support.
- Basic: $10/month, includes Free plus auto AI translation of products, collections, blog pages, unlimited manual edits, 5 glossary rules, and branding free
- Standard: $34/month, includes 5 languages, unlimited auto AI translations, DeepL Pro, language redirection, URL translation, unlimited glossary, and personal assistant session.
- Advanced: $68/month, includes all from Standard plus 20 languages, unlimited auto AI translation of newly added products & collections, Shopify Flow, and priority support queue.
Langify – Translate your store
Langify is an SEO-friendly Shopify translation app. With subfolders and custom domain options, you can create dedicated language-specific URLs for all your pages. This ensures that your translated page will be indexed automatically and quickly on major platforms such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Langify also allows you to export your existing translations for backup purposes and import them from your CSV or MO to combine or adjust.
If you are looking for a Shopify app that optimizes your ranking on Google search results, here are the top 6 best SEO apps for Shopify website you need to know.
- Easy-to-use interface allows you to keep track of the translation progress of each single item
- Rich-Text-Editor tool to translate content quickly and accurately, ensuring clients are able to shop in their native language.
- Handle the correct implementation of important SEO elements such as hreflang tags and canonical tags, and ensure the site maintains good search engine visibility.
Langify is a premium Shopify translation app offering a 7-day free trial until you upgrade to a paid version for $17/month.
G | translate
The G | translate is a game changer for online businesses to boost conversions and expand their market shares. Utilizing Google Translate service, this app helps you display your Shopify store in 103 languages. Merchants highly recommend G Translate because of its convenience for editing and setup and its compatibility with other third-party apps. Besides, the support team is very helpful and prompt in resolving any problems during both your installation and while using the application.
- Ability to translate a large volume of website content without restrictions or limitations.
- Automatically translate most third-party app content with translation proxy technology
- Analytics tool and URL translation, customizable language sectors to improve website ranking in search results in diverse regions and languages.
G Translate offers many pricing options for you to choose from according to your budget, including Free, Bilingual plan, Startup, Business, and Enterprise.
- Free: Support all languages, machine translation, unlimited words, and pageviews, no pressure to upgrade, and live chat support
- Bilingual plan: $9.99/month, includes Free plus 1 additional language, neutral translation, search engine indexing, and edit translations.
- Startup: $19.99/month, includes all features in the Bilingual plan plus edit translations in all languages
- Business: $29.99/month, includes all Startup features plus URL translation.
Weglot – Translate your store
Weglot is one of the best translation apps for Shopify optimized for multilingual SEO that helps your online store reach global customers and increase sales significantly. The app allows you to fully control your edited translations and order professional translators directly from the dashboard.
- Control the quality of your translation using Weglot’s post-editing features
- Helps you implement hreflang tags and translate Metadata to broaden your search visibility in your new markets
- Automatic content detection to translate all pages in one click
- Offers a range of integrations to fully translate your website in minutes on different platforms.
Weglot offers a free plan with 1 translated language and 2000 translated words, suitable for businesses that have a limited budget. This application also offers premium features with available paid options. If you opt for a longer subscription period, you can enjoy more reasonable pricing with various discounts.
- Starter Plan: $15/month with 1 translated language and 10,000 translated words
- Business Plan: $29/month with 3 translated languages and 50,000 translated words
- Pro Plan: $79/month with 5 translated languages and 200,000 translated words
Shopify Translate & Adapt
Shopify Translate & Adapt app is a multilingual application developed by Shopify specifically tailored for businesses that want to boost their SEO efforts and build brand loyalty around the world. This app allows you to translate automatically two languages and manually add, edit, and adjust translations to ensure to deliver consistent and culturally relevant content.
You may discover more about the collection of Shopify loyalty program apps to retain customers and drive them to purchase again and again.
- The side-by-side editor lets you edit and compare between two translations
- Auto-translate content to adapt to variations in cultures, regions, and markets
- Seamless and easy to manage from Shopify admin
Shopify Translate & Adapt is a free app, but still offers efficient and intuitive translation features allowing you to reach customers from different countries and regions around the world.
Shopify provides numerous translation apps that allow you to create various language versions for your online store, which helps target international audiences, support multilingual SEO, as well as enhance customer experience and loyalty. With this collection, we hope you can find the best translation app Shopify that can elevate your business to new heights.
If you need assistance with installation or encounter any issues with your Shopify translation app, feel free to reach out to BSS Commerce Shopify’s dedicated team. With over 10 years of experience, BSS Commerce Shopify is committed to providing you with enthusiastic, timely, and effective support, ensuring your satisfaction.